The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Help with threat issue's with fire magic DK

old_mufasa
old_mufasa
✭✭✭✭
I have a level 240 vampire fire magic DK build in champion 100 magus crafted armor and I'm having a hug issue with threat generations in groups. I was told that the self healing off the skills causes high threat so in one group all I cast was eruption and wall of elements.. and yet was pulling off people in much higher level and gear 500th lvl and in full 160 gear. One fight we tested a friend solo tanked a boss to 50% before I even walked into the room. I cast both spells and in less then 10 sec the boss was locked on to me. This issue is on trash and boss's... I'm starting to feel like my character is bugged. Oh this on the xbox so I have no way to test threat other then what I can see happening to the mobs.

Any help with this issue would be I would be grateful...

PS: I have NB alt and do not this problem on it.
  • pretzl
    pretzl
    ✭✭✭✭
    To me it sounds more like your tank isn't taunting, but as you say yourself your NB alt doesn't have this issue...
    It sounds really weird, but to clarify as far as aggro goes;
    Aggro will often immediately shift to a healer or whoever is doing the most damage. If a taunt is up (pierce armor or any morph, Inner Fire), whatever is taunted will focus whoever taunted (this should be your tank of course) for a certain amount of time. You shouldn't be focused down at that point unless tank looses aggro.
    Did you submit a bug report? Did you talk to your tank about his taunting?
    CP | Chronically Capped
    Characters | pretzL (Stamblade) , Brannbil (Stamplar) , Spicy pretzL (mDK) , Campingbil (MagSorc) , Saltkringla (Magplar) , Disco Dan (sDK) , Darth Salty (Mag NB) , Plebsorc (Stamsorc), pretzLeroni (Magplar), Mahoogler (pvp mDK)
    Guilds | HODOR & Who Pulled
    Kindling Power Magicka DK Build
    twitch.tv/pretzlcsgo
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There is no AOE taunt, so all DPS has to deal with threat generation for trash packs. A good tank will throw caltrops or talons to pull initial aggro, but they'll lose aggro as soon as you out-DPS them. Use burning embers to keep you topped off on health, but the best thing to do is just burn the mobs faster.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    The issue is there is no way I'm gods gift to dps.. so I don't think every group I'm top dps when I'm not even in 160 gear.. and the fight on the boss even if he didn't taunt.. he had soloed it to 50%.. so I shouldn't be anywhere near him on the threat table.. on top of that he was a Templar and spaming heals.. so he should of had threat way above me anyhow.. this was on trash as well. As he would run in 1st and I would wait 10 sec from him to pull them in and start his aoe..cast eruption and wall of elements and everything would turn and target me the moment I cast them.

No I haven't sent a bug report as I wanted to get feed back first as I wasn't sure if there was something I needed to do or not.