The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

What is the longest amount of time you have ever spent working on a dungeon?

Carokube
Carokube
✭✭✭
Curious as I spent 7 hours last night and well into the morning with some guildies in vCoA. I have just started running group content, so needless to say, I was woefully unprepared. Luckily my guildmates are kind. We got to the second to last boss and just couldn't get in sync. We started getting tired, and lazy, which doesn't work. After several hours, trips to buy soul gems, remove someone's vampirism, and desperately beg for repair kits, we finally pulled off a deathless defeat of the boss. Unfortunately, by the time we got to the last boss, we were so exhausted that we had to call it quits when the sun came up.

I'm curious if anyone else has had experiences like this when you were starting out, or otherwise.

It was fun...but man was it incredibly stupid.
Edited by Carokube on July 29, 2016 4:42PM
Trade Guilds | Shatner's Trade Dominion | Blackbriar Barter Co | Black Dragon Apothecary | The Ska'vyn Bazaar
PVE Guilds | The Shogunate
The CaroCrew | Jesulon (DC) | Jilandara (DC) | Juniper Wind (AD) | Jostine (AD) | Jura (EP) | Jtala (EP) | Jysha (EP)
CP600!!+ (and still not a vMA clear) | NA | PC

What is the longest amount of time you have ever spent working on a dungeon? 36 votes

<2 hours
16%
MarrazzMistMorimizoEnemy-of-ColdharbourvonScuzzmanCroniccrabTrublz 6 votes
More than 2 but less than 4
30%
TotalitarianNewBlacksmurfDiviniusGhost-ShotKartalinReverbBomblePantsZerokZolexiGulkrim-murSolarCat02 11 votes
More than 4 but less than 6
33%
wayfarerxyodasedvyndral13preub18_ESOEdziuShaibaVaohMush55kylewwefanstarsandsraaphorWolfkeksBruhItsOver9000 12 votes
More than 6 but less than 9
16%
EgocanemveresumCarokubeAlienSlofSaturndroids097Autolycus 6 votes
More than 9 but less than 12
0%
12+ hours
2%
OldeDevlin 1 vote
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not quite 4 hours the first time in vICP.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • Gulkrim-mur
    Gulkrim-mur
    ✭✭✭
    Ic sewers inner circle just couldnt keep it together too lol to tired.
  • Trublz
    Trublz
    ✭✭✭
    <2 hours
    Just need to practice. My pug group and I finished vCOA in less than 15minutes yesterday
    Edited by Trublz on July 29, 2016 4:47PM
    CP531 Air-eez Redguard DK DPS
    CP531 Hayd-eez Imperial DK Tank
    CP531 SomethinFishy Khajit NB DPS
    CP531 Heracl-eez Orc Sorc DPS
    CP531 Anark-eez Dark Elf DK DPS
    CP531 Herm-eez Breton Temp DPS
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When craglorn dropped and that delve under the waterfall came out with all those spiders and the last boss with the poision lake, we spent over 5 hours learning the mechanics of that fight.

Super nerfed now of course.
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Totalitarian
    Totalitarian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If it gets to be over 2 hours, that means I'm not going on anymore. At that point everyone is tired and needs to take a break to refresh.

When learning, 2 hour dungeon runs is normal, but with an experienced group, longest dungeon is going to be vICP, taking at most an hour, all the other ones should be <30 minutes.

But I certainly remember those wipes and long runs in dungeons...
    PC NA CP 531+
    Aedric Fury Sits Around Doing Nothing
    Sola Auroron Magicka Templar
    Lunaria Chimeri Magicka Dragonknight
    The Chosen of the Storm Stamina Sorcerer
    Ward-Scales Magicka Nightblade
    Sanctius Luxen Stamina Templar
    Nerwaye Auroron Magicka Sorcerer
    Warden Vyrkyl Stamina Dragonknight
    The Ninth Adventurer Stamina Nightblade
    Magna-Sola Magicka Templar
    The Celestial Lady Magicka Templar
    Read their adventures!
    The Celestial Lady
  • starsands
    starsands
    ✭✭✭
    4 hours first time in VICP
  • Kartalin
    Kartalin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    The first runs through vICP and vWGT were learning experiences to say the least.
    • PC/NA
    • Karllotta, AD Magplar, AR 50
    • Hatched-In-Glacier, DC Magden, AR 44
    • Miraliys, EP Warden, AR 35
    • Kartalin, AD Stamblade, AR 35
    • Kallenna, AD Magcro, AR 34
    • Miralys, EP Magsorc, AR 34
    • Milthalas, EP Magblade, AR 34
    • Lemon Party - Meanest Girls - @ Kartalin - Youtube
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I joined a group testing one of the first trials (Hel Ra) on PTS, before Craglorn was added to live server. I believe the general difficulty level of the enemies was much higher, and only a small number of revives permitted, and of course no one had done it before, so we did not understand the mechanics of the bosses, etc.

All twelve of us kept dying over and over at the air atronach boss, using up all the revives and having to exit the instance, regroup and start again. This went on for several hours.

Zero interest in trials after that, and more than two years later I've still never completed any.
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 29, 2016 6:02PM
  • Mush55
    Mush55
    ✭✭✭✭
    5 hours in vet icp when it was first released...
  • Egocanemveresum
    Egocanemveresum
    ✭✭✭
    If trials count more 6 easily, in just non-trial then after 4 hrs I usually call it.
  • MarrazzMist
    MarrazzMist
    ✭✭✭✭
    <2 hours
    I rarely feel I have enough time for running group content, so I've only done easy ones or with excellent guidance.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's been some time since I kept track of it, but I recall DSA taking over 6 hours when it was first released, although that is technically a trial...

As for dungeons, it's probably between 4-6 hours somewhere. vIP and vWGT were a pretty good time sink initially.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 29, 2016 6:53PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    vCoA. Sad thing is we went right to the last boss then spent around 3:30 trying to kill the last boss. But it wasnt all that unexpected we were barely squeaking by the others and when you are just starting it is hard to pick up the slack when someone falters, because you still arent all that sure what you are suppose to be doing yourself.

Then you get into, well we do it this way. Well my friends said do this. Youtube did it like this. Ahh good times.
  • Saturn
    Saturn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Back when City of Ash came out I spent a long long time learning the mechanics with my friends, but there were also a lot of group bugs involved, which made it impossible to see everyone, lol. This was back before update 6.
    Edited by Saturn on July 29, 2016 6:56PM
    "Madness is a bitter mercy, perhaps, but a mercy nonetheless."

Fire and Ice