The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Casual players gonna buy new dlc?

BuddyAces
BuddyAces
✭✭✭✭✭
I am just curious how many casual players will be buying the new dlc. With the new dlc only including two dungeons that are suppose to be as hard as Vet ICP and WGT which there are quite a few casuals that can't complete. Willl they pay for two more dungeons they can't complete?
They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • starkerealm
    starkerealm
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Probably not, but some of the new stuff in the Crown Store will probably entice them.
  • LadyNalcarya
    LadyNalcarya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Both dungeons have normal versions though.
    And some subscribtion perks, like crafting bags and new costume dyes, will be interesting for casual players I guess. ;)
    And of course, new character customization options will bring ZOS a lot of money.

Not to mention that IC dungeons arent impossible for casual players and never were. Casual player doesnt mean "bad player".
    Edited by LadyNalcarya on July 29, 2016 4:06PM
    Dro-m'Athra Destroyer | Divayth Fyr's Coadjutor | Voice of Reason

PC/EU
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Many people who do not consider video games to be very important, or a major priority in life have completed ic dungeons. You can play casually and still work as a team and learn mechanics that friday night your wife took the kids out.
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm waiting for the gold bundle to get released .
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No, I typically do not do Dungeons, so I am not interested in the DLC portion of the update.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm casual and I plan to....not sure why ppl assign a logic that casual players aren't really good at the game.

Casual just should relate to how often they play and not capability to complete content.
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 29, 2016 4:28PM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Florial
    Florial
    ✭✭✭
    I'm a subscriber so it doesn't bother me all that much. I haven't purchased any DLC and probably won't. When my interest in the game wanes, I will unsub then come right back and sub again when my interest is rekindled. I do love the crafting bag perks so that will always entice me to sub when I do play again.
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm casual and I plan to....not sure why ppl assign a logic that casual players aren't really good at the game.

Casual just should relate to how often they play and not capability to complete content.

It's more their approach. A casual gamer is one that plays for enjoyment and not competition so they don't go all hardcore because it's not their style. Does not for any reason or in any way make them less skilled as a gamer though, which is what some people seem to believe sadly.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 4:34PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Double post cause im dum.
    Edited by vyndral13preub18_ESO on July 29, 2016 4:39PM
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Probably like 8 of them.

Ive always liked the term, because so many people define casual as someone who plays less then i do, or/and is worse then me. So it is different to everyone.
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As a subscriber, I'll get them automatically - but honestly this DLC holds little for me.

I'm more of a solo artist, serial harvester, crafter, and trader. I have little need for 2 more dungeons.

I think the OP was really looking more for the "solo" player as opposed to the "casual" player. I've met some tremendous casual players that will LOVE this DLC.
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    As a subscriber, I'll get them automatically - but honestly this DLC holds little for me.

I'm more of a solo artist, serial harvester, crafter, and trader. I have little need for 2 more dungeons.

I think the OP was really looking more for the "solo" player as opposed to the "casual" player. I've met some tremendous casual players that will LOVE this DLC.

That is a very good point. It would seem it is more about if you like running 4 man dungeons or not. Then how often or how much you play.
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes I will
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    After trying the velidreth set on PTS, I think it will be very popular.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It's more their approach. A casual gamer is one that plays for enjoyment and not competition so they don't go all hardcore because it's not their style. Does not for any reason or in any way make them less skilled as a gamer though, which is what some people seem to believe sadly.

I think you have to be careful with those assumptions cause it's often not true if you compared multiple casuals who spend the same amount of time playing.

-PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I do like that instead of more general theme park, each DLC has been playstyle focused. But because of that most people won't need all of them. That's what I really don't like about the Gold Edition; it guilts people into playing content they've purchased but don't necessarily like.

The best option going forward would be to do things like TG - have a separate first quest in its own little instance that shows off the gameplay atmosphere and mechanics and is accessible by everybody. By the end of that instance, you'd likely know whether or not the game pack was for you. If you like it, unlock it. If not, take the quest reward and head back to the base game. ESO+ progresses uninterrupted into the DLC.

No mystery, no dependence on word of mouth. Just a bite. The five minutes before the opening credits.

That's how you draw in even the most casual of players.
    signing off
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I agree. Casual isn't really tied to the amount of time spent, but more the focus of that time. The casual gamer may be a very good player and valuable in a group, but will probably not spend hours pouring over U-Tube videos to learn every mechanic of the dungeon or stress out that one class can do 3 dps more than theirs.
  • Lightninvash
    Lightninvash
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the new dlc is 2 dungeons not worth it imo
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

I think you have to be careful with those assumptions cause it's often not true if you compared multiple casuals who spend the same amount of time playing.

Everyone is different. You have those that are skilled and those that are not skilled. Just because they aren't skilled though doesn't mean we should think badly of them. I'm assuming that is around what you believe I am assuming because the definition of "Casual" is laid-back and leisurely, not how good or bad you are at anything. It does seem to also mean temporary and related synonyms too though so I suppose players unable to spend a lot of time playing are casual by definition as well.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 29, 2016 5:06PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • DenMoria
    DenMoria
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »
    I am just curious how many casual players will be buying the new dlc. With the new dlc only including two dungeons that are suppose to be as hard as Vet ICP and WGT which there are quite a few casuals that can't complete. Willl they pay for two more dungeons they can't complete?

It'll come with my subscription and I'll probably never get to it anyhow, so, no, I'm not "buying" it.
  • BuddyAces
    BuddyAces
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I agree. Casual isn't really tied to the amount of time spent, but more the focus of that time. The casual gamer may be a very good player and valuable in a group, but will probably not spend hours pouring over U-Tube videos to learn every mechanic of the dungeon or stress out that one class can do 3 dps more than theirs. This person said it right.. This is what i meant by casual player :smile:
    Edited by BuddyAces on July 29, 2016 5:30PM
    They nerfed magsorcs so hard stamsorcs felt it,lol - Somber97866

I'm blown away by the utter stupidity I see here on the daily. - Wrekkedd
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    BuddyAces wrote: »

I was thinking the same, that even if I bought all the dlcs sofar, I will skip this one, as I need only the barbershop, not those two dungeons. even though I am currious how they will be.
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sure I like new stuff. I'll get it. I'm generally indifferent to a couple more dungeons, but I'm sure I'll enjoy them once I get in there.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

That is a very good point. It would seem it is more about if you like running 4 man dungeons or not. Then how often or how much you play.

Agreed.

I get it free as a sub and likely will never run it. If they have craftable sets stations outside the group content will use tjose but otherwise, meh.This one is just not my thing.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Cazzy
    Cazzy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    As someone who has never ran more than one dungeon it's hard to get excited about. As far as I'm concerned the DLC is just adding to the text chat consoles get, Costume dyes and hairstyles :tongue: