The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Dungeon Mechanics with NPC Glory Stories

imnotanother
imnotanother
✭✭✭✭✭
We all know that every week there is at least one thread discussing the how certain dungeons/arenas are impossible. Most of these threads seem to stem from lack of knowledge of the mechanics.

What I am suggesting is adding dialogue to certain NPC that are Undaunted members. The dialogue would be about (insert dungeon) boss fight and their mechanics and how to beat them.

Maybe players could activate a "memory/dream sequence" instance and be able to view how the mechanic can be avoided/blocked/etc.

This is just a random idea but what do you think? Would it actually benefit players who need to learn the fights?
PS4: NA - AD PSN: imnotanother (Artell Lyeselle)
Stamina NightBlade 810+ CP - PvP/Trials/Dungeon Ready
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is sort of brilliant! I don't know if this idea would actually help, but it it certainly wouldn't hurt. And it would add a fun element to the instance.

I've grouped with so many players who take the time to talk to every NPC, and loot every container, but don't want to listen to group members explain the fights. I feel like a lot of them would embrace an in character tutorial.
    Edited by Reverb on July 29, 2016 1:48PM
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Reverb
    I agree. I believe a lot of players are intimidated to even try certain dungeons because they don't want to be embarrassed for not knowing what to expect.

This would give an option to solo learn their role for that specific dungeon, before joining a group.
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be helpful to those interested. As long as we didn't have to go through it as a requirement to proceed it could help. Some will still not deal and expext everything to be ok.
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    One of the best ideas I have seen on here in a while!
    While I know there is always online videos to watch etc. but I do feel many would benifit from this.
    Personally I prefer going in blind and learning through trial and error, its why I have looked at nothing regarding the two new dungeons and plan to go in with 3 others who no nothing for my first completions.
    But many people are different and would prefer to learn on their own, for these people this feature would be amazing.
    OP if I could upvote you 100 times for this idea I would.
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It would be helpful to those interested. As long as we didn't have to go through it as a requirement to proceed it could help. Some will still not deal and expext everything to be ok.

Maybe it could be required for a group that wipes twice on any given boss.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • imnotanother
    imnotanother
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    One of the best ideas I have seen on here in a while!
    While I know there is always online videos to watch etc. but I do feel many would benifit from this.
    Personally I prefer going in blind and learning through trial and error, its why I have looked at nothing regarding the two new dungeons and plan to go in with 3 others who no nothing for my first completions.
    But many people are different and would prefer to learn on their own, for these people this feature would be amazing.
    OP if I could upvote you 100 times for this idea I would.
    Hah thanks.

You are on my friends list, hit me up for dungeon runs when the DLC drops.