The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

How the hell are you meant to get EMP with things like this

JamieAubrey
JamieAubrey
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
9848b4898b1b94af853b44452ee6023e.png

3x more AP than what I have and I've been playing since the reset

This is why I give up not even after 12 hours, its impossible

And I know people will complain but I'm doing nothing but 1 skill mutigen spamming my way to the top
Edited by JamieAubrey on July 29, 2016 11:59AM
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only does it matter how often you play, but how you play matters too. They are probably playing solo or in a small group, being at the right places at the right time, and repairing keeps while there's not much action happening. Getting the ap buff from delve bosses and generally just playing well.

Or spamming mutagen outside zergs.
    Options
  • Zerok
    Zerok
    ✭✭✭✭
    Have you been playing 16+ hours per day since reset?

If not, forget it. You cannot compete with players who have unlimited playtime.

To get emperorship, you either need to be unemployed or retired.
    Zeerok (the sneaky ruffian) - LV50 Bosmer stamblade DPS (AD)
    Gontrand de Bourbon (the greedy aristocrat) - LV50 Breton magsorc tank (DC)
    Augustus Aquilarios (the imperial claimant) - LV50 Imperial stamDK PvP (EP)
    Zeerokk (the AD zealot) - LV50 Altmer magblade PvP (AD)
    Lianna Storm (the inferno maiden) - LV50 Dunmer magDK DPS (EP)
    Fights-With-Khajiit (the gullible faithful) - LV5 Argonian templar (EP)
    Miner'va (the skooma addict) - LV3 Khajiit sorcerer (AD) - chaotic neutral
    Siggy Thorvaldsson (the charismatic baroness) - LV50 Nord stamwarden tank (DC)
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Zerok wrote: »

It reset like 12 hours ago
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I seems like better ap to me atm. Just district capture if you can wipe out 5 people at a time and go from one to another you can get huge xp just going district to district. I suck at pvp but I raked in over 100k XP in a few hours just leaping at 5 man group and spinning to win. If you're good at it I'm sure you can get a 4 man group together and just run thr whole city some times. Esp during the day when it's quieter and just full of TV farmers.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Glamdring
    Glamdring
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @DRXHarbinger AP not XP
    Options
  • Voxicity
    Voxicity
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    (im on the same campaign and can see you on the leaderboard)

I see you've gained 9k ap in the last half an hour which honestly isn't that much. Mutagen spamming is nice to get up there in the top 10 but to push yourself further you need to be killing too.
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Good job I'm unemployed and have 24/7 to play this haha
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    KaiVox22 wrote: »

I see you've gained 9k ap in the last half an hour which honestly isn't that much. Mutagen spamming is nice to get up there in the top 10 but to push yourself further you need to be killing too.

I had 300+ kills before my game crashed, I'm sitting on 69 ( huehue ) atm
    Options
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Glamdring wrote: »
    @DRXHarbinger AP not XP

Yes AP I mean, 4k XP per kill and about 1200 AP. easy money, plus TV for gold making too.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Make breakfast for a couple Hobos and have them grind while you sleep ? Sleep with a stab resistant vest and a flight helmet :P
    Options
  • NiclasFridholm
    NiclasFridholm
    ✭✭✭✭
    Go solo and you should earn 50-90K/h depending on your build and skill!
    Tobias Funke - Magplar since forever

Options
  • Brrrofski
    Brrrofski
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    You earned 129k ap after 12 hours?

That's nowhere near good enough honestly. That's 10k ap an hour. What have you been doing??
    Edited by Brrrofski on July 29, 2016 1:01PM
    Options
  • LiquidSchwartz
    LiquidSchwartz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    if the campaign is poppin go to the sewers solo and get some easy ap
    If not snipe keep ticks and repair everything. When I got emp my first time I went through 1200 repair kits in like a few hours by the end i used around 3000 lol
    Takes time, effort, preparation, and know-how.
    May the Schwartz be with you.
    EP/XB1/NA

Options
  • Hyssia
    Hyssia
    ✭✭✭
    1 skill mutigen spamming my way to the top

Here's your problem

Options
  • leepalmer95
    leepalmer95
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It reset like 12 hours ago

so you got 120k ap in 12 hours, thats very slow.

When i actually bother to go for emp i usually get around 40k/hour.

PS4 EU DC

Current CP : 756+

I have every character level 50, both a magicka and stamina version.

RIP my effort to get 5x v16 characters...
    Options
  • Thelon
    Thelon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm doing nothing but 1 skill mutigen spamming my way to the top

18588l.gif
    Options
  • Xeven
    Xeven
    ✭✭✭✭✭

While I believe this is generally true, I was crowned Emperor while working 40 hours a week. Granted, I had to stay up till 3am every night that week and was tired as *** every day.
    Options
  • Tonnopesce
    Tonnopesce
    ✭✭✭✭✭

3x more AP than what I have and I've been playing since the reset

This is why I give up not even after 12 hours, its impossible

And I know people will complain but I'm doing nothing but 1 skill mutigen spamming my way to the top

So in 12 hours you get 129k ap damn you are bad...

Today without farming them i got 70k in two and a half hours...
    A little trick ( aside from repair keeps , run where is a siege and stay for the tikets) run a very hig damage build, surf the zerg, and steal them the kills with an easy cheese combo (20-30k damage in a few seconds).

Doing this in solo you will get more than half the ap of one kill and the rest is divided between the zerg, if one player grants 1600 ap you will get 800 while the zerglings a little more than 30.
    Signature

Options
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Brrrofski wrote: »
    You earned 129k ap after 12 hours?

That's nowhere near good enough honestly. That's 10k ap an hour. What have you been doing??

^This. If you're going for emperor, I'd try to keep at least around 25-30k/hr.
    Options
  • OrphanHelgen
    OrphanHelgen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    mutagen spam isnt the best way to get ap.
    You are not getting emp because you simply are not good enough for it.
    L2P.

Haters gonna hate
    PC, EU server, Ebonheart Pact

Finally a reason not to play League of Legends
    Options
  • Skinzz
    Skinzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    129 in 12 hours? Lmao!!!! 12 hour session i would have minimum 480k. I dont think youre even trying to kill anyone in cyrodiil. Looks like youre just waiting around for ticks.
    Edited by Skinzz on July 29, 2016 3:35PM
    Anybody got a group? LFG, anybody? Hello?
    Options
  • RinaldoGandolphi
    RinaldoGandolphi
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    To quote one of the legends, the Storm King himself Ezareth:
    Ezareth wrote: »

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/150394/im-looking-for-tips-on-becoming-emperor/p1

I've been Emperor 5 or 6 times now.

First you need to pick a campaign that has high Emperor turnover (if there is an existing emperor reigning and they are rarely unthroned it will be unlikely that you will be able to outpace their AP gain if they decide to stay emperor after a reset. Next, depending on the duration of that campaign you need to be prepared to not have a life for the first few days of the campaign. There will be others just as dedicated as you who will keep pace of you no matter how good you are and it turns into a battle of wills at that point between you and them. Even if you get the lead, they will keep trying to get the jump on you so you must put a large enough difference between you and number 2 that they stop trying. Conversely if you are number 2 you have to get the #1 guy to quit or at least pass him before the emperor flips to your side.

Now for some of the less obvious pointers.

You have to have a build that has a high chance to kill others.

You shouldn't group with people as the math doesn't work out for the #1 AP gainer (you) to split AP with another player who is not #1. You pretty much always get less AP in a group unless you're only able to fight groups of people where you are ineffective.

Have *every* quest completed to turn in at the start of the campaign (got my first emperor using this trick)

Your targets should prioritize people who do not die often, and then the weakest to the strongest.

Soul Assault is your friend (used to be power overload until they nerfed it). During downtime or while searching for targets to kill use cheap tricks to build ult (like grand healing spam on NPCs and groups of players)

Repair doors before walls, but only repair walls if there is no other fighting on the map to be had.

Try not to fight people spamming damage shields and pick targets who don't use them as much if you have the opportunity. Damage towards a players damage shield doesn't count towards the AP you gain when they die, but health does.

I find I'm able to keep pace of pretty much anyone with my Sorc 1vX build but I've seen Sorc AoE and DK 1vX perform similar.

pretty much and the time to do it.
    Rinaldo Gandolphi-Breton Sorcerer Daggerfall Covenant
    Juste Gandolphi Dark Elf Templar Daggerfall Covenant
    Richter Gandolphi - Dark Elf Dragonknight Daggerfall Covenant
    Mathias Gandolphi - Breton Nightblade Daggerfall Covenant
    RinaldoGandolphi - High Elf Sorcerer Aldmeri Dominion
    Officer Fire and Ice
    Co-GM - MVP

Sorcerer's - The ONLY class in the game that is punished for using its class defining skill (Bolt Escape)

"Here in his shrine, that they have forgotten. Here do we toil, that we might remember. By night we reclaim, what by day was stolen. Far from ourselves, he grows ever near to us. Our eyes once were blinded, now through him do we see. Our hands once were idle, now through them does he speak. And when the world shall listen, and when the world shall see, and when the world remembers, that world will cease to be. - Miraak

Options
  • Wollust
    Wollust
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    120k in 12 hours? What do you expect?
    And then only spamming Mutagen? And you actually want to compete that way? Get outta here :lol:
    Susano'o

Zerg Squad
    Options
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I had 300+ kills before my game crashed, I'm sitting on 69 ( huehue ) atm

369 kills in 12 hours is nothing if you want emp. My Lv 18 NB sits in zergs and gets more than 50 per hour without even fighting seriously. Just being near a fight the game calculates it as a kill.
    Options
  • JamieAubrey
    JamieAubrey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I guess I need to state that the 1 skill spam was a joke, of course I;m going my way to killing and healing people
    Options
  • Personofsecrets
    Personofsecrets
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    just repair walls on a low pop campaign
    Don't tank

"In future content we will probably adjust this model somewhat (The BOP model). It's definitely nice to be able to find a cool item that you don't need and trade it to someone who can't wait to get their hands on it." - Wrobel
    Options
  • Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Agreed.

At a certain threshold of time invested, it no longer matters how much AP it is humanly possible for you to grind per-hour "catching up." Unless the other person decides to quit.

@Ezareth has some great tips, I just know it will never be something I personally shoot for.
    Edited by Phinix1 on July 29, 2016 5:29PM
    Options
  • s7732425ub17_ESO
    s7732425ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A little trick ( aside from repair keeps , run where is a siege and stay for the tikets) run a very hig damage build, surf the zerg, and steal them the kills with an easy cheese combo (20-30k damage in a few seconds).

Correct answer right here. This should give you 30-40k AP per hour which will be higher than the zerg group is getting.
    Edited by s7732425ub17_ESO on July 29, 2016 5:06PM
    Options