The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

XBOX ONE: Are people still having trouble with group finder?

DinOwned
DinOwned
✭✭✭
Since the DB update I haven't been able to queue for specific or random dungeons with any success. I don't even get an estimated time to join a group. I don't have any problem when I am in a pre-formed group then selecting random dungeon though, that works almost immediately.

Anyone else unable to use group finder?
  • IzualTheMighty
    IzualTheMighty
    Soul Shriven
    Yes. When I am off work I can run dungeons in the morning and afternoon. But nearly like clockwork later in the day (when more people get on I would assume) it is broken and will never queue on any of my characters for anything. 4+ hours and never pops from what seems like about, 7pm (Central) for me. Mornings I can get it to pop in less than a minute.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep... LFG at 4pm mst was in que for almost 2 hours even though it said 5 mins.... never got in a group

Qued at 2am MST said que was over an hour got in group in less then 10 mins...

LFG system seems bugs to me... thing is DCUO just got to xbox one.. there LFG works flawless and they have in game text chat.. something we don't even have yet... sigh
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yes
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • PrinceBoru
    PrinceBoru
    ✭✭✭✭
    The "Dungeon Finder" is worthless.
    It ain't easy being green.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Fairly new player here, already canceled sub.

DC's using way-shrines at times, and lag that kicks like a horse...

LFG tool is unpredictable and buggy, we're 110 & 127 level.

Friend of mine (tank) and myself (healer) half the time sit in a queue that never pop (daily or undaunted specific). Today we queue for a specific dungeon (undaunted daily) and it queues us for Spindle Clutch at the same time? Two dungeons checked at the same time? Queue never pops.

We break group and I queue for the undaunted daily solo as a healer, no addition of spindle clutch happens, no queue pop...
    Afternoons and peak playtimes, not odd hours of any NA time zones.

and now also headset sound bug.

On a positive note It's the better of f2p/b2p hybrid mmo on X1, worth the sale price, just not one to continue investing money into. Nice back-burner game you play during release droughts.

Unless of course they fix the lag/group finder...totally worth investing in ;)
    Edited by Wolfpaw on August 4, 2016 10:38PM
  • VinyParsley2016
    VinyParsley2016
    ✭✭✭✭
    I will cancel my membership, too. I am so disappointed. I don't understand why the Group Find hasn't been fixed yet?
  • Olyboi
    Olyboi
    It works fine for me outside of peak times but as soon as it gets crowded I end up getting the old WGT group that all leaves instantly and then have to wait 15 minutes for the chance to do it all over again because I love waiting in Deshan like a melon.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It works for only 3/7 characters.
    Which is odd cause I've even tried to respec and queue as different roles different days of the week.

Two of my characters get almost instant groups and are DPS...silly 50+)
    One of my characters gets a group of she doesn't crash ...healer 50+

My other characters are 50, 22 and 12 and have a tremendous time in the queue for over 2 hours each.

It's better for sure but oddly bugged now
    Be sure to open a ticket tho
    Edited by NewBlacksmurf on July 30, 2016 11:08AM
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just a update, tank and healer queue for undaunted daily, that's not random but specific...and the lfg tool check marks all the dungeons...try again and locks in spindleclutch, rinse/repeat same result. Sat in queue for 40m, nothing.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Another update

Gave up being a healer since the lfg tool seemed off, and healer leveling is slow.

Now a dps, I queue solo and I have 5min wait??? So what have I done different? Queue during non peak hours. Seems no matter if you're a tank+healer, or solo queue as a dps during peak play times the lfg tool just bottlenecks/buckles blocking everyone no matter the role, solo or grouped.

Hope this helps~
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    Didn't have a problem with the DF when I queue up as healer or tank,

Sure queueing up as a DPS takes a longer time, but that is to be expected.
  • DinOwned
    DinOwned
    ✭✭✭
    I queue up as DPS and never get a group. Don't even get an estimated time. It's broken for some and works fine for others, not sure why it's so inconsistent.
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    @DinOwned Try queueing up as tank or healer (or all 3.) if you get a queue you know it'works, just that there are too many dps's in the queue for yours to pop up
  • DinOwned
    DinOwned
    ✭✭✭
    Durete wrote: »
    @DinOwned Try queueing up as tank or healer (or all 3.) if you get a queue you know it'works, just that there are too many dps's in the queue for yours to pop up

I've tried that with no luck :-(
  • Durete
    Durete
    ✭✭
    If you're queueing at prime time (7-9 pm gmt) you should get groups pretty quick.

Outside it sometimes takes a while.

Anyhow the only thing that I could think of is delete your game cache, restart xbox and then try again.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes more often than not I don't get a group.

So specifically certain 50+ characters never get a group regardless of time of day, length in queue or role.
    Two of my characters get groups instantly tho.
    I'm under the impression it's related to showing player name vs gamertag which would be a silly and stupid bug, however that's the only consistent item in my control that correlates.

Using character name is the work around so to speak in many tests for me personally.
  • Wolfpaw
    Wolfpaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I like to recall my previous post...

Peak play times, class/role, how many players in group, doesn't matter at all. It's a broken tool/feature.

I've queued as a healer, dps, at times grouped with a tank, peak play times, non peak play times..it's inconsistent, buggy, in other words, broken. In my own experience the lfg tool works around 20% of the time.

The only way to get this problem fixed is to cancel your eso plus, don't buy the dlc, that simple.
  • Dasovaruilos
    Dasovaruilos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Same here...

I'm a healer and never had to wait more than a few minutes do find a group, didn't matter the time of day or the choice of random, vet, normal or daily.

After the Thieves Guild update, I NEVER found a group again... It continued with the Dark Brotherhood update and yesterday I tried Shadow of the Hist and got the same result.

I only play for about 2-3 hours at night and queue up as soon as I log in. I used to play 3, 4 dungeons per night. Now it has been about a month since I was able to play one...
  • JThorn420
    JThorn420
    group of 3 needing healer, used activity finder to run specific normal dungeon. waited 35 mins then we gave up.
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just an update. None of my characters go groups after hours each day on different roles.

I did a character edit on two....and now only those two get groups

I'm not suggesting to buy anything, just sharing update from my last post but yes there is still an issue.
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Some reason as a Healer or Tank it's not procing for me but if i Queue for healer and DPS I often get a dungeon instantly as a healer.
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.