The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Daily Random Dungeon - Questions?

raasdal
raasdal
✭✭✭✭✭
So, i am mainly a PvP player. But the need for grinding out Undaunted ranks for the passives, has brought me back for the Daily Silver and Gold. I now see there is a new thing, called Random Dungeon. I have some questions;

1. Does this provide Undaunted points towards ranking?
2. I have heard that "normal" Random can be both Vet and Normal, whereas "Vet" random will always be Vet. If you get Vet, and quit the group to try and get a normal dungeon, what is the penalty?
3. What are the actual rewards? I see something about increased XP or something?

Hope someone can clarify this new daily dungeon thing, before i wase my own, as well as other peoples time, trying to run one.
PC - EU
Gromag Gro-Molag - Sorcerer - EP
Dexion Velus - Dragonknight - AD
Chalaux Erissa - Nightblade - AD
Firiel Erissa - Templar - AD
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.All achievments from dungeons provide you undaunted points. Not random dungeon itself.
    2.Still 15 minutes.
    3.100/33k expierience(first/seccond/third run), soul gems, one item set and others...

I didint heard about Veterans in Normal random dungeons
    Edited by jeedrzej on July 28, 2016 7:53AM
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • lokesgard
    lokesgard
    ✭✭
    I have no idea if the random provides extra bonus to undaunted as I don't pay attention but would make sense.
    If you choose normal random you'll always end up in normal mode.
    The first random normal or vet gives 101k exp, after that 33k for each or so. No difference between normal or random.

Edit: 15 minute penalty for leaving a group.
    Edited by lokesgard on July 28, 2016 7:53AM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    1. Yes.
    2. Nope. Normal is normal vet is vet. Never had that before and u run 4 a day.
    3. Rewards are crap like a cp150 Sithis touch or morihaus stuff. Plus a crafting item like a gold scale, dwemer frame or even better...malachite shards, ancient scales the smaller ones you need 10 of. Plus a soul gem.
    4. XP currently I gain 101K XP per 1st completion per toon 33k for the next one. Stacks with enlightenment so with it full you can get over 400k XP all at once if your max level / over CP160. I don't know what the current system is for levels below cp160.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for the feedback;

To clarify no.1; I know that the QUEST in a normal/vet dungeon provides both a Skill point AND point towards undaunted. But completing the Silver og Gold daily also gives point towards undaunted. So far @DRXHarbinger and @jeedrzej are saying different things. Hope my clarification will help? If i have already done the dungeon on normal, finished the quest etc, will a Random Dungeon give me points into undaunted ranks?

And wow - 100K exp is alot. Thats about 150 mobs, which would be at least 10-20 min. grinding. Adding xp from mobs in dungeon, i could see myself doing this when i need to level things up.

How is the XP delivered? Is it in a box, which you could save up multiple of? Thinking here of course about saving up a couple of the, to pop an Ambrosia pot before opening :)
    PC - EU
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Doing a group dungeon will give you points towards undaunted rank. Getting group dungeon or trial achievements will level undaunted rank, so much damage done, damage blocked and heals given inside a Dungeon. Completing the Undaunted daily pledge and handing in the quest will give you points towards undaunted rank. Completing the quest inside a group dungeon will give points towards undaunted rank.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    1.No quest/achievments = no points.
    gold and silver are quest. Thats why you earn points.

You get XP when you kill last boss. Actually you can kill only last boss, but dungeons mostly prevents it.
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    As soon as the last boss dies you get the xp. So make sure anything you want levelled up isn't on back bar. All dungeon runs gives you undaunted xp iirc. Like 5 rep per run.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • mobicera
    mobicera
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First completion of the dungeon provides undaunted rank, completion of the dungeon quest does not provide undaunted rank only the achievement itself provides rank.
    Vet dungeons and trials have achievements that you must complete and those provide undaunted, ie speed runs, no deaths, hard mode. The points earned are dependant on the achievement itself. Achievements can only be completed for undaunted rank once, these achievements are found in the dungeon tab, note public dungeons found in that section do not count towards undaunted.
    As been stated the daily undaunted pledges also provide a small amount of undaunted dependent on key earned.

The daily random provides xp and loot not undaunted rank unless you earned an achievement within that dungeon you previously lacked.
    Queing for random normal gives normal dungeons only, vet only vet.
    To que for both normal/vet simply select both before queing.
    Hope this helped remedy confusion
  • Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    Wrecking_Blow_Spam
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll add that this exp chunk on Selene's Web is given when you kill her spider body and not actually fully kill her. Be prepared for that.

This is on xbox not sure if same on ps4/pc.
    Edited by Wrecking_Blow_Spam on July 28, 2016 11:51AM
    Xbox one EU
    8 Flawless conquerors on all class specs (4 stam, 4 magicka)
    Doesn't stand in red
  • raasdal
    raasdal
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mobicera wrote: »
    First completion of the dungeon provides undaunted rank, completion of the dungeon quest does not provide undaunted rank only the achievement itself provides rank.
    Vet dungeons and trials have achievements that you must complete and those provide undaunted, ie speed runs, no deaths, hard mode. The points earned are dependant on the achievement itself. Achievements can only be completed for undaunted rank once, these achievements are found in the dungeon tab, note public dungeons found in that section do not count towards undaunted.
    As been stated the daily undaunted pledges also provide a small amount of undaunted dependent on key earned.

The daily random provides xp and loot not undaunted rank unless you earned an achievement within that dungeon you previously lacked.
    Queing for random normal gives normal dungeons only, vet only vet.
    To que for both normal/vet simply select both before queing.
    Hope this helped remedy confusion

This was spot on! Thank you for the clarification of Quest on Dungeon vs. Achievements.
    PC - EU