The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Please do something with Cyrodiil!

howardeb17_ESO2
Campaign - TrueFlame
Alliance - EP

When I am at a place where there are no other players, it's ok.

Yesterday I joined a group fighting at Aleswel. When I was approaching the castle, I saw the players moving not fluently and sometimes they all were frozen for a second or two. But after I entered the castle full of reds and blues fighting, they all stopped moving, even the zone chat stopped working, I saw only new messages from my guilds. After a minute the screen went black and returned to the login screen without any error.
So I entered my password... I was waiting and waiting... no response. Entered again, chose my character, waiting and waiting, stairing at the Cyrodiil loading screen for 2 minutes.... then it returned back to the login screen without any error.
It repeated three times. There was nothing wrong with my internet connection, I checked that.
Then I finally returned to Cyrodiil but appeared at the Morrowind gate. So I went back to Aleswel and the same situation...after I entered and was fighting for 30 seconds....everything freezed again.
This time I killed eso.exe and started the game again. After entering my password...error, player is already logged in. So I entered my password again and chose my character... and again....loooooooooong loading screen, the fight at Aleswel was in the end, so I went there without any problem, the castle was full of reds. Then yellows were attacking BRK, so I wanted to teleport there, looooooong loading sceren, then it went back to the login screen and the situation repeated.

Tell me, am I the only one? I don't want to lose my nerves.

After that I was kicked from the group and went to Mournhold to do silver and gold - without any problems.

I really love ESO, but I can't play it this way. I'm really disappointed.
Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    I forgot to mention....
    Many times I wanted to attack the enemy player with a spell.... for example radiant destruction.
    I'm pressing 2 .... my character started to cast the spell after a second or two, it's usually late.
    This is really unplayable.
    Action stations, action stations. Set condition one throughout the ship. This is not a drill.
  • jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No ETA for fix

It happends for a year.

Probably we need to wait another year
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    I was speaking with my colleague about it, he was playing PvP almost 2 years ago (it was on version 1.x.x), and he was horrified... he was describing me something similar, but not that bad.

I would really enjoy it.... but.... how could I under these circumstances.
    I could even spend some money... and crowns ....
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on July 28, 2016 9:36AM
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    And again loooong loading screens, i will tell you something, it's faster to ride the horse than using teleport!

And now funny thing. I appeared at a place where we had our tent 3 minutes ago... there were 40 smurfs... of course I was dead instantly. This is really.....great!
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on July 28, 2016 8:20PM
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Another nice evening. I'm going to write here every day when it's not working good.

Again...all players frozen during the battle near Allesia... then back to the login screen without any error... logging back and now looooong loading screen...after that back login screen.
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on July 31, 2016 7:32PM
  • Julia_Nix
    Julia_Nix
    ✭✭✭
    I'm in DC and had the same problem at Ales but for some reason fighting AD is worse- its becomes a real slideshow with them. Maybe that's why DC and EP fighting at Bleakers - Chal all the time while AD winning the Campaign. It's impossible to even get near them.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    So bananas found a way how to cast LAG spell to all tomatoes and smurfs :smile:
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on August 1, 2016 11:29AM
  • Ganj
    Ganj
    ✭✭✭
    It never change since beta, Cyrodiil always laggy and unplayable in certain times of the day. Never changed a bit and not going to change soon for sure.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Last several days it was working better - at least for me.
    No black screen, no returning to the login screen while being close to many players.

Just looooong loading screens remain.

And another epic bug - sometimes I build a trebuchet or a ballista and can't use it... cannot aim it, there is no 'Press SPACE to use it'.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Evergreen - long loading screens.... now almost 5 minutes.
    Every single of them... 3-5 minutes. No chance to join the battle quickly after i die.
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on August 4, 2016 6:32PM
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    And again, long loading screens - even 4 minutes.
    At midnight..really? Everytime i die, i have to wait 4 minutes. I'm really sick of it!!!
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on August 5, 2016 10:26PM
  • Lylith
    Lylith
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    broke as hell, today.

crash/rollback/crash/can't log on - make sure you have a valid blah blah blah/can't log on...

i very seldom have problems like this, guess i'm due.

oddly enough, i was able to log onto a different character, not in cyrodil, and write up a meaningless bug report. can here to see if anyone else was having problems today, but apparently it's just me.

marvelous. :/

eta: it just gets better, now i can't log in at all. pc/na ball up and die, or is it just me? :#

eta 2: not just me.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/283401/login-timeout#latest
    Edited by Lylith on August 6, 2016 7:44PM
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Over and over again. We are fighting for Arrius. How can i fight, when i wait 5 minutes?
  • magnusthorek
    magnusthorek
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    With my non-graduated knowledge of engineering, hardware, networking and etc, I think a new megaserver AND player reallocation would solve or at least alleviate this problem.

Maybe even a megaserver exclusive for PvP, if their number is that close to PvP'ers (or higher, who knows...).

Less players in the server, more power for it to handle all stuff. And if players can be reallocated to a megaserver closer to their countries, they'll also have a lower ping.
    I am the very model of a scientist Salarian, I've studied species Turian, Asari, and Batarian.
    I'm quite good at genetics (as a subset of biology) because I am an expert (which I know is a tautology).
    My xenoscience studies range from urban to agrarian, I am the very model of a Scientist Salarian.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    And again, 3 minutes loading screens when transporting between castles or resurecting at our tent.... really great while the battle is underway and i'm stairing at the loading screen.

Then sudden loading screen while we were pushing smurfs at Aleswell lumber... 3 minutes and then i was dead.

Really?

I don't want play this stupid game!
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on August 16, 2016 8:46PM
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    I'm going to write here every day until you fix it.

Today again 3 minutes loading screens. It's faster to ride the horse than teleportation.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Long loading screens again.
  • Lyrim
    Lyrim
    Soul Shriven
    I can't believe that ZOS won't even acknowledge the community when we tell them about these issues. Almost a month and not a single ZOS response.

ZOS, I'm a system admin and network admin for a hospital and I'd be willing to fix your trashy equipment if it meant myself and others could play on a stable RELIABLE server.

In all seriousness, I know they'd never let me work on their servers, BUT they seriously need to fix this crap. 5-minute load screens on a $3000 gaming rig are completely unacceptable! Skyrim, Fallout 4, WoW, GW2, and many other games all load in a matter of seconds for me.

BTW, I couldn't care less about your concept art. I've grown to loathe it, in fact, after seeing so much of it.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Long loading screens again when teleorting between castles.

Long loading screens during the battle...

Long ping.
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on August 21, 2016 10:21PM
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    After 10 hours of maintenance...
    nothing changed.

Long loading screens. Loading screens during the battle.

We were attacking Arrius, suddenly 3 minutes loading screen, then i appeared inside the eastern wall and couldn't get out. I sent you a bug report.

Another bug which I haven't seen - I used toppling charge....suddenly I was falling to the space under the map, then 2 minutes loading screen, then i was falling near Aleswell from the sky...

Really great game!
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    I don't understand when you have a game with maybe more PvP'ers then PvE'ers that they won't pay attention to this problem.
    X tickets have been raised for this matter. I notice a difference as I purchased a new graphics card, but Cyrodiil keeps a pain in the ass.

When entering IC everything works fine, same as for other zones. Cyrodiil is a problem for more then a year I guess.
    I'm cable connected with +200mb/s, is no solution. Other games works perfectly fine at this connection.

The loading screen issue seems to be "repaired" since my graphics card is changed. But I can't imagine that this is purely related to hardware. So many people experience this.
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    According to your signature, you belong to bananas :)
    I'm glad to hear that the lags and long loading screen is not a secret aldmeri dominion weapon which you cast on ebonheart pact when we are sieging :smile:
    Back to the topic. I don't understand it either. They add more and more pve content and never fix pvp.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    According to your signature, you belong to bananas :)
    I'm glad to hear that the lags and long loading screen is not a secret aldmeri dominion weapon which you cast on ebonheart pact when we are sieging :smile:
    Back to the topic. I don't understand it either. They add more and more pve content and never fix pvp.

Yep, a true banana man :smiley:
    I hope one day this lag will be fixed, but I'm not only into PvP so I still have a choice when it's getting worse :smile:

But if I want to escape the lag you'll find me in at home in IC or the Sewers
    Jimerio / Magicka Sorcerer / PvP & PvE / Master Crafter(Woodworking, Blacksmithing, Alchemy, Provisioning, Enchanting, Clothing) / DD & Heal / CP560+ / Aldmeri Dominion / PC / EU
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Long loading screens again. It's unplayable. Everytime I have to wait 2-3 minutes. It's better to go to bed.
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    Long loading screens again. It's unplayable. Everytime I have to wait 2-3 minutes. It's better to go to bed.

Long loading screens is for me a while ago, I guess that's because I'm venturing in IC and not in Cyrodiil.
    It's lagless there :wink:
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    How can I help defending Arrius against bananas, when I have to wait 3-4 minutes stairing at the loading screen?
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    How can I help defending Arrius against bananas, when I have to wait 3-4 minutes stairing at the loading screen?

Mate,

You don't need to go against the Bananas, let them through ;)
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    And again, 3 minutes loading screens. How can I lead a group with this?
  • Jimboo84
    Jimboo84
    ✭✭✭
    And again, 3 minutes loading screens. How can I lead a group with this?

Impossible.
    I avoid loading screen with quiting(F4) and relogging, it's sometimes faster. But still you lose time.
  • howardeb17_ESO2
    Long loading screens again. Killed at BRK, res in Arrius takes forever!
    Edited by howardeb17_ESO2 on September 4, 2016 7:22PM