The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Headset sound bug!! Temporary fix now discovered!

AngeISky
AngeISky
Since Maint on the 27th early morning, I cant seem to play ESO With my HEADSET! DUE TO THE SOUND STUTTTERING MAJORLY anytime a cinamatic or npc convo comes up, or just plain text appears on my screen! And yes I tested it with other games.. it only happens with ESO! And everytime it happens I have to re-plug my headset adapter into my controller to make the sound stop. PLZ FIX THIS! IT HAPPENS EVEN WHEN IM NOT IN A PARTY!!! AND ITS ANNOYING TO HIGH HELL!
TICKET POST BY: AngeiSky

ABOUT: Headset Audio Bug
Response Andrew via Email 08/11/2016 04:01 PM
Hello,
Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We are working on a solution, but we cannot currently provide a timeframe for when the fix for this issue will be made available. Please keep an eye on our Patch Notes forum for any updates at http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes.

In addition, you can receive updates by logging in and clicking "Notify Me" at the bottom of the page.

If you have any more questions/comments/concerns please let me know.

May you always find adventure.
Andrew
The Elder Scrolls Online Team
STEP BY PICTURE - TEMPORARY FIX:
Just In-case I decided to make a Picture guide Of the "TEMPORARY FIX":

> Here's a Sample Image of the "PLAY AND CHARGE KIT" You Need..
3vijxno4miw6.jpg
(REMEMBER YOU ONLY NEED THE USB CORD THAT CONNECTS TO THE XB1 AND CONTROLLER)

> After You have your "USB Play and Charge Cable" You need TO FIND one of these:

> A "USB WALL CHARGER" This is the one I use:
rkxpzqzde6w8.jpg
They are Very Easy to find, Most Come Packaged with Smartphones..

> After You have located One, You only need The Part Circled in "RED"!
Now Plug the "USB Play and Charge Cable" Into your Controller, and plug the USB end into the "USB WALL CHARGER"
Then plug the "CHARGER" into a Socket or Strip..

> Mine is plugged into a Electric Strip..
Now You Should Not Have that crazy "AUDIO BUG" every time you: speak to npcs, Run party chats, have loading screens, use wayshrines, etc..

You will however have the rare, "AUDIO DROP" Every 6-9 hours into the game..
But it can be simply fixed with a few resets of the headphone jack, then it goes away for another 6-9 hours..

Nothing big..

~ AngeiSky

Edited title to change all caps
Edited by ZOS_DaryaK on August 15, 2016 1:46PM
~ AngeiSky

°MAIN° Catsulek > NightBlade (ASSASSIN CRIT BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 50 (CP 290)> AD [WERECAT] (°w°)/
°SUB° AngelSkye > Sorceress (SPIRITMASTER BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 10 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]
°SUB° Sha'ala > Templar (DRAGOON OF LIGHT [CUSTOM]) > LVL 1 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]
°SUB° Wychblade > DragonKnight (BUILD? [N/A]) > LVL 7 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]

WEREWOLF LVL "MAX" MSG Me On Xbox for Bites
VAMPIRE LVL 5

Guild: Guildmaster of "Elder ScroIIs Community" Ingame
Club: Admin of: "The Elder Scrolls Community" Xbox One Clubs
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    DIRECTIONAL GUIDE - TEMPORARY FIX:
    So the ppl reporting problems, are you using the USB Charge Cable?
    Connected from your XB1 to your Controller?

If So I've come Across A temporary Fix, Till ESO Fixes The Problem on Their End.

What You Need:
    1. USB WALL CHARGER.

(I use One of the "SMARTPHONE" USB Wall Chargers that Come with The Smartphone Packages. They Usually Consist of: 1 Smartphone USB Charge Cable, And 1 USB Wall Charger.)

DIRECTIONS:
    After You Have This,

1. Plug Your "REMOTES" USB Charge Cable into the USB WALL CHARGER.
    2. Plug the USB WALL CHARGER into the Nearest Outlet.

Now Make Sure You "POINT YOUR REMOTE TWORDS YOUR CONSOLE AT ALL TIMES", When You play.

(Plugging your remote in this way, I have Observed: Powers it on & Enables the Wireless Signal inside the remote.)

When you are Idle for long amounts of time The remote WILL power off, all you need to do is hit the (X) Button in the middle Once, to turn it back on.

This does HELP REDUCE THE SOUND BUG BY 100% IMO.

Every Once in awile I do encounter Sound being cut off, and I cant hear anything, And I have to reset my headphones, but it IS IMPROVED MAJORLY, WITH THIS FIX.

HOPE THIS HELPS.

~Angeisky
    SPACE RESERVED FOR ESO UPDATES
    Edited by AngeISky on August 14, 2016 7:30PM
    ~ AngeiSky

°MAIN° Catsulek > NightBlade (ASSASSIN CRIT BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 50 (CP 290)> AD [WERECAT] (°w°)/
    °SUB° AngelSkye > Sorceress (SPIRITMASTER BUILD [CUSTOM]) > LVL 10 (CP 0)> AD [NONE]

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• jeedrzej
    jeedrzej
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cool
    Jeedrzej - Magica Dragonknight lvl 50
    Ealian Elieilijas - Magica Sorcerer lvl 50
    Enerias Kazner - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Marcelius SIlny - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Anvena Kazner - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Arcynekromantka Anastazja - Magica Nightblade lvl 50
    Threiva Krwawooka - Stamina Sorcerer lvl 50
    Anvena Karen - Stamina Templat lvl 50
    Furia Dorathis - Stamina Dragonknight lvl 50
    Verinia Dziecię Światła - Magica Templar lvl 50
    Anwen Llenariolis - Magica Warden lvl 50
    Welandil Mroźne Serce - Magicka Warden lvl 50
    Brunein Silny - Stamina Warden lvl 50
    Jilialis Szept Nocy - Magicka Sorcerer lvl 50
    Dareiva Tancerka Cieni - Stamina NIghtblade lvl 50
    Doweriusz Desson - Magicka Necromancer lvl 40

Achievement Hunter
    32560 Achievement Points
    CP1203
    3916 collected books
    305 days in-game
  • Caff32
    Caff32
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still a problem. I have the same issue and between last night (post-maintenance) and today, I get squealing audio spikes and broken game and/or party chat. Usually unplugging and replugging in the mic (turtle beach) will fix the issue but sometimes not. Sometimes I lose all sound altogether. Sometimes I will hear game sounds but not be able to hear guild chat. I thought these sound issues were to be fixed?
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    I HAVE The Same ISSUES @Caff32
    Glad Im not the ONLY ONE on here with these ISSUES.

I Just WOKE UP & logged on..
    ISSUE is Still happening, I think it may have something to do with ESO's soundboard?
    Could Be Wrong But it seems that way, From the way I've worked with DJ Equipment..

BEST DESCRIPTION I CAN GIVE:
    It sounds like a Live wire has been plugged into a Live Input Slot, OR the wrong slot, from the BACKFEED SOUND SCREAMING THROUGH MY FREAKING HEADSET.

Whatever it is, it needs to be fixed..
    Im gettin tired of RE-PLUGGIN my headset every 5 mins..

~AngeiSky
    Edited by AngeISky on July 28, 2016 8:30PM
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by riVALry9 on July 28, 2016 11:28PM
  • riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    Edited by riVALry9 on July 28, 2016 11:29PM
  • riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    Having a somewhat similar issue. My problem is that I can hear no sound whatsoever through my headset. The headset works just fine outside of ESO. Turning the Xbox off and back on again seems to work temporarily however as soon as I change regions or, God forbid, use a door....it breaks again. Rather upsetting as a PVPer. If I can't communicate with my teammates (or hear anything at all for that matter) there's really no use in me playing the game at all.
  • IzualTheMighty
    IzualTheMighty
    Soul Shriven
    riVALry9 wrote: »
    Having a somewhat similar issue. My problem is that I can hear no sound whatsoever through my headset. The headset works just fine outside of ESO. Turning the Xbox off and back on again seems to work temporarily however as soon as I change regions or, God forbid, use a door....it breaks again. Rather upsetting as a PVPer. If I can't communicate with my teammates (or hear anything at all for that matter) there's really no use in me playing the game at all.

I have an issue with mine that I assume is game related, it just dies from time to time and I need to reconnect it. Zone in a dungeon, it dies. Reconnect. Several times over a session. Only on ESO.
    Edited by IzualTheMighty on July 29, 2016 2:27AM
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    I just bought brand new controller and headset and thought something was wrong with them.. glad I'm seeing it not my issue.

For me the issue is every time I go through a door all audio shuts off.. I have unplug the head set out of the controller every time I go in and out of a zone/door anything like that where you get a temporary transition screen or black screen.

I noticed that if you are in an area for awhile the doors will start to work with out the sound issue.. but if its a new area it happens almost every time..
  • riVALry9
    riVALry9
    ✭✭✭
    riVALry9 wrote: »

I have an issue with mine that I assume is game related, it just dies from time to time and I need to reconnect it. Zone in a dungeon, it dies. Reconnect. Several times over a session. Only on ESO.

o.O That is really bizarre. From what I've been told, stuff like this was a big issue back when the game was first launched on console but it was "fixed"........except now it's back with a vengeance and has steadily gotten worse with every "patch" since DB.

• AngeISky
    AngeISky
    This used to only happen when I was "Downloading/Updating" - "Games/Apps" which was Understandable.. So I Would Do my "Downloading/Updating" at night after I went to bed.

Now as of ESO's Maintenance on The Morning of July 27, The BUG Has Gotten OUT OF HAND Somehow...
    (Someone Screwed Up..)

And I Would Hate to Be that SOMEONE... (>_>)
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• Ron_Burgundy_79
    Ron_Burgundy_79
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    old_mufasa wrote: »
    I just bought brand new controller and headset and thought something was wrong with them.. glad I'm seeing it not my issue.

For me the issue is every time I go through a door all audio shuts off.. I have unplug the head set out of the controller every time I go in and out of a zone/door anything like that where you get a temporary transition screen or black screen.

I noticed that if you are in an area for awhile the doors will start to work with out the sound issue.. but if its a new area it happens almost every time..

I've been experiencing this issue for the past few weeks. I have also experienced the awful back feed when other players speak in both xbox live party chat and in guild/group chat. @ZOS_GinaBruno is there anything we can do on our end to improve this?
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Last night our group had all sorts of audio problems with their headsets. Chat was very choppy/laggy. People would spontaneously lose chat ability and had to repeatedly unplug/replug their headsets.
    Gamertag is Methadone Man
  • skavid987
    skavid987
    yes! its so annoying eveytime the game has to process something extreme buzzing starts and i have to unplug my headset and plug it back it
  • Jolter
    Jolter
    ✭✭✭
    I've been getting this too, only with ESO, but I was worried it was a problem with my headset as I just recently purchased it.
  • Karivaa
    Karivaa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am so discouraged right now. This game is totally broken for me. I can't play pvp and when I can, I can't hear because the audio randomly goes out.
  • AlmightyJimbo9
    This is a huge incovenience. I can attest that it only happens in ESO. The chat also breaks Xbox Party Chat. This needs to be fixed ASAP!!!!
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    Are they even acknowledging this issue? On top of the fact this is annoying it is also bad for our hard ware to be unplugged and plugged back in over and over...

The bug also has no effect on sound if through the tv.. I had the tv sound on just to see if anything happened when the audio cut out. Well the sound from the tv worked fine even though no sound was coming from the head set... also the mic seems ot work as I was in party chat and was able to talk to the people in party even though the audio was dead on the head set. As they were able to talk to me and I could hear then from the tv audio... unplug head set plug back in audio works and as long as you do not go anywhere that new sound loads it plays fine.. as we were in a public delve for about 45 mins and not one audio issue..as soon as I left the audio issue came back.

Its not hardware as this does not happen with any other game.
  • DracoBeowulf
    DracoBeowulf
    ✭✭✭
    I thought my adapter was failing! Wtf...
    Xbox One Gamertag: WITHGODNOW
    Xbox One Guild: TheTRINITY
    send friend request and message to be included in pve & pvp events
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    Just Got A Reply From Eso on my TICKET:
    Response Philisia
    07/29/2016 02:48

Greetings,

Thank you for contacting The Elder Scrolls Online customer support team!

I'm very sorry that you are having issues with in-game sound. Please provide the brand of headset that you are using so that I can look further into this issue. In the meantime if there is anything else I can help you with, or you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to bring them to my attention and I will gladly address them for you.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    Philisia
    The Elder Scrolls Online

Customer REPLY:
    07/30/2016 02:21 PM

Just logged back in today.. Its been Improved but not fixed entirely, Wayshrine Travelling & SOME "LOADING SCREENS" seems to be the only issues now.

I have tested a variety of things:
    1. "MY ORIGINAL HEADSET" (AGE 9mo) [G-KILLER] "G-9 GAMING HEADSET" MANUFACTURED BY "SENICC" (OVERSEAS? YES) [SOUND SMART? YES!] (VOLUME CONTROL? YES)
    2. "OLD HEADSET" [LOGITECH] DISCONTINUED MODEL (AROUND 11 YEARS OLD HEADSET) SAME FEATURES AS ABOVE BUT HAS A MUTE BUTTON ADDED WITH VOLUME CONTROL!
    3. "CUSTUM COMPUTER SPEAKERS & HI TEC MIC FROM DELL"
    4. "TURTLE BEACH HEADSET" (ASKED A FRIEND TO EXPERIMENT THIS BUG ON "HIS CONSOLE" HE HAS THE SAME RESULTS!!) "HIS GT: "EDITED FOR PRIVACY"

All this yielded the same result: SOUND BUG..

As You Can See From My Recent Reply, Im Trying To Prove to them this isnt a Headset ISSUE, Or a CONSOLE issue, or a ISSUE on OUR end.

Its On their End of the Line.. The Server Side.

Its Why I did the Tests, & Asked A friend to Check his ESO With His Headset to Regenerate the issue, which he did SUCCESSFULLY!

~Angeisky
    Edited by AngeISky on July 31, 2016 6:31PM
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep same issue. Problem is it completely crashes the sound of Xbox. Even party chat starts lagging and eventually turns off when playing eso in crowded places. I remember the times when the game just came out. 200 people on screen and not a single FPS drop or problem. Now it hardly works in 4 man dungeon and they blame it on hardware.
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    UPDATE FROM ESO:
    Response Philisia via Email 08/01/2016 10:06 AM
    Hello Again,

Thank you for the update. I'm very sorry that you are still experiencing issues. I can definitely understand why you would be frustrated with this issue. Please try submitting a bug report so that the Development Team can review the issue further. You can do so by posting details about this issue on the forums. You can also submit a bug by following the steps below:

To report a bug, please submit a ticket from the in-game Player Menu ([Menu] for Xbox One or [Options] for PlayStation 4).

Select "Other" under Issue Category and enter a description of the bug under Required Information. Be sure to make it clear that a bug has been encountered.

Once complete, select Submit.

If you are playing on PC/Mac, you can submit a bug report using the /bug function while in game.

Your report will include details about your character and it's location, as well as other useful information so that the Development Team can figure out what is triggering the issue and push out a fix.

Again, very sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. Hopefully we can pinpoint the cause and have a fix pushed out soon.

If there is anything else I can help you with, or you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to bring them to my attention and I will gladly address them for you.

Thank you,
    Philisia
    The Elder Scrolls Online

Seems ESO is Finnally Convinced from "MY TESTS" this ISSUE is on Their End..

SPREAD THE WORD!!!
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• Surgee
    Surgee
    ✭✭✭✭
    AngeISky wrote: »
    UPDATE FROM ESO:
    Response Philisia via Email 08/01/2016 10:06 AM
    Hello Again,

Thank you for the update. I'm very sorry that you are still experiencing issues. I can definitely understand why you would be frustrated with this issue. Please try submitting a bug report so that the Development Team can review the issue further. You can do so by posting details about this issue on the forums. You can also submit a bug by following the steps below:

To report a bug, please submit a ticket from the in-game Player Menu ([Menu] for Xbox One or [Options] for PlayStation 4).

Select "Other" under Issue Category and enter a description of the bug under Required Information. Be sure to make it clear that a bug has been encountered.

Once complete, select Submit.

If you are playing on PC/Mac, you can submit a bug report using the /bug function while in game.

Your report will include details about your character and it's location, as well as other useful information so that the Development Team can figure out what is triggering the issue and push out a fix.

Again, very sorry that you are still experiencing this issue. Hopefully we can pinpoint the cause and have a fix pushed out soon.

If there is anything else I can help you with, or you have any other questions or concerns, please feel free to bring them to my attention and I will gladly address them for you.

Thank you,
    Philisia
    The Elder Scrolls Online

Seems ESO is Finnally Convinced from "MY TESTS" this ISSUE is on Their End..

SPREAD THE WORD!!!

That's an automated reply. I got exactly same one yesterday. Word for word.
  • old_mufasa
    old_mufasa
    ✭✭✭✭
    They need to add a list of known issues on the forums... so we know that are aware or working on it....
  • AngeISky
    AngeISky
    ikr
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• AngeISky
    AngeISky
    So the ppl reporting problems, are you using the USB Charge Cable?
    Connected from your XB1 to your Controller?

If So I've come Across A temporary Fix, Till ESO Fixes The Problem on Their End.

What You Need:
    1. USB WALL CHARGER.

(I use One of the "SMARTPHONE" USB Wall Chargers that Come with The Smartphone Packages. They Usually Consist of: 1 Smartphone USB Charge Cable, And 1 USB Wall Charger.)

DIRECTIONS:
    After You Have This,

1. Plug Your "REMOTES" USB Charge Cable into the USB WALL CHARGER.
    2. Plug the USB WALL CHARGER into the Nearest Outlet.

Now Make Sure You "POINT YOUR REMOTE TWORDS YOUR CONSOLE AT ALL TIMES", When You play.

(Plugging your remote in this way, I have Observed: Powers it on & Enables the Wireless Signal inside the remote.)

When you are Idle for long amounts of time The remote WILL power off, all you need to do is hit the (X) Button in the middle Once, to turn it back on.

This does HELP REDUCE THE SOUND BUG BY 90% IMO.

Every Once in awile I do encounter Sound being cut off, and I cant hear anything, And I have to reset my headphones, but it IS IMPROVED MAJORLY, WITH THIS FIX.

HOPE THIS HELPS.
    ~Angeisky

~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• AngeISky
    AngeISky
    Just In-case I decided to make a Picture guide Of the "TEMPORARY FIX":

> Here's a Sample Image of the "PLAY AND CHARGE KIT" You Need..
    3vijxno4miw6.jpg
    (REMEMBER YOU ONLY NEED THE USB CORD THAT CONNECTS TO THE XB1 AND CONTROLLER)

> After You have your "USB Play and Charge Cable" You need TO FIND one of these:

> A "USB WALL CHARGER" This is the one I use:
    rkxpzqzde6w8.jpg
    They are Very Easy to find, Most Come Packaged with Smartphones..

> After You have located One, You only need The Part Circled in "RED"!
    Now Plug the "USB Play and Charge Cable" Into your Controller, and plug the USB end into the "USB WALL CHARGER"
    Then plug the "CHARGER" into a Socket or Strip..

> Mine is plugged into a Electric Strip..
    ----
    Now You Should Not Have that crazy "AUDIO BUG" every time you: speak to npcs, Run party chats, have loading screens, use wayshrines, etc..

You will however have the rare, "AUDIO DROP" Every 6-9 hours into the game..
    But it can be simply fixed with a few resets of the headphone jack, then it goes away for another 6-9 hours..

Nothing big..
    Hope This Helps people better than the Directional Guide..
    I know I like picture guides better than directions..

~ AngeiSky
    Edited by AngeISky on August 13, 2016 12:18AM
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• AngeISky
    AngeISky
    Try The Fix @ altair1969

It will fix your problems, indicated in that thread as well..
    The "SOUND BUG" has nothing to do with the Cortania App..

I can use the Cortana App "Flawlessly" Without Problems With this Fix.
    > I can also: Listen To Music, And Be in Party Chat at the SAME TIME And will not get the "SOUND BUG".

This Fix Is WORKING @ 100% on my ESO XB1 Console!!

And I Am Glad I Found It, And Sharing It With Fellow ESO Players.

~ AngeiSky
    Edited by AngeISky on August 13, 2016 5:08PM
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5

• AngeISky
    AngeISky
    THREAD UPDATES!!!

THREAD NAME UPDATED... NEW NAME IS NOW:
    HEADSET SOUND BUG!! TEMPORARY FIX NOW DISCOVERED!!
    Hopefully This Will Let Others Know There Is a Temporary Fix.

GUIDES ARE NOW COPIED TO THE FIRST PAGE For Easy Access

Also Posted Vital Information about ESO's Response (Knowledge) on the Headset Bug "Ticket" on Front Page.
    Edited by AngeISky on August 13, 2016 5:42PM
    ~ AngeiSky

VAMPIRE LVL 5