1. Orc is fine. Nord is good too. Im guessing you want to play as a stam tank? Its easier to go stam DK tank if you are new and Id recommend it.
2. Yes you need a shield to be a tank. Puncture and its morphs are your main form of "taunt". It keeps enemy adds attacking you for the next 15s. If you dont use this, adds will start to target your healers and DPS. You do not want this as a tank.
3. Full health is fine for end game but you might wanna put some points into stamina while levelling and slot at least a 2H on your back bar to speed up levelling. Plus, you get to level your 2H skill line together with your SnB weapon line. Might come in handy if you ever decide to go into PvP.
4. Vamp on a stam tank is not needed. If you intend to go magicka tank, Id still not recommend it. Not needed and needless extra fire damage taken is bad esp if you are new and cant offset this with tons of CP.
5. Just level whatever crafting you can. No need to put skill points into it if not needed but you can still level blacksmithing, woodworking and clothing by just deconstructing the armour/weapons you find along the way. So if you ever decide to pick up more than blacksmithing and alchemy, it would be easier for you since your skill line in that craft might alr be at 50.
6. Go to tamrielfoundry.com and look for DK guides. Lots of end game guides for everything from DPS to tanks are over there. Use that resource to figure out what you want your end-game to look like. This is a pretty decent example of a guide posted there ; http://tamrielfoundry.com/topic/tanking-a-brief-rundown-insert-better-title/
7. Have fun =D
I recently started playing a DK (and Teso ~ currently under lvl 20 so please note that I am a Newbee) and I wanted to go for a full tank character first.
(My mates r DD's so I thought It would be cool for the groupdynamic and due to the fact that I like Support / Tank more then DD I'm fine with it)
I started as an Orc, because more Defense + Regeneration sounded pretty good!
Is an Orc DK even a good choice? I can't find really updated Guides.
I want to go for PvE mostly to enjoy the game and get some good gear after so no PvP Tips needed so far.
So my questions:
- I want to go for blacksmithing and alchemy first. (Heavy Armor + Potions for good Healthreg.) Good idea? (Of course lvling the others too but focus on BSmithing and A)
- I want to go for full tank, so I guess a OH weapon with a Shield is the best choice? (Extra deff)
- I went full Health so far - or should I go for Stamina because of the block? Any way to change this after spending the points?
- Is there any updated build in terms of skills and Attributes? This game is really overwhelming and I do not want to waste points!
- My friend is ~ level 36 NB and vampire should he infect me? Or isn't vampire a good thing for a Tank? (Much Firedmg in higher levels?)
I can absolutely start a new character (good the adventure pack so the race is no problem) - should I?
Is there a better race? (Can't use Imperial so this is no coice)
Thank you guys!