The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 29:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 29

Ranking up Enchanting by glyph trading

imdas
imdas
I have all crafting but my enchanting to lvl 50, it's currently at 36. I've been told the best way to rank it up is to deconstruct another players glyphs. Now I have ALOT of yellow, purple, blue and green glyphs made and I'm looking for someone to trade me evenly so that we can both rank up our enchanting. If interested and have the resources to do so please feel free to message me on xbox or here. GT: Das P4K
Edited by imdas on July 26, 2016 5:35PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    That is no longer the best way to level Enchanting, if you have more than one character that is.

Mob Loot Glyphs give more Inspiration, 10% more than player made Glyphs.

Glyphs made on one character and deconn'd on another character give the same Inspiration as deconning a glyph made by another player.

So, make the Glyphs on one character, and decon them on another one. That way you get inspiration on both ends of the process, and you avoid the friction of being able to send only 6 items at a time to someone, which gets real tedious real fast. You can decon right from the bank so you don't even have to move one of the characters in this process.

Since your at L36, I would say that Rekuta based Glyphs will give you the best return for time and materials spent. Use CP90 or better potencies too, no need to use or waste CP160 Potencies though
    Edited by Nestor on July 26, 2016 5:43PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• imdas
    imdas
    Nestor wrote: »
    That is no longer the best way to level Enchanting, if you have more than one character that is.

Mob Loot Glyphs give more Inspiration, 10% more than player made Glyphs.

Glyphs made on one character and deconn'd on another character give the same Inspiration as deconning a glyph made by another player.

So, make the Glyphs on one character, and decon them on another one. That way you get inspiration on both ends of the process, and you avoid the friction of being able to send only 6 items at a time to someone, which gets real tedious real fast. You can decon right from the bank so you don't even have to move one of the characters in this process.

Since your at L36, I would say that Rekuta based Glyphs will give you the best return for time and materials spent. Use CP90 or better potencies too, no need to use or waste CP160 Potencies though

I've already made quite a few as it is and I don't have any other max characters... So really I still need someone in order to make the most out what I have done.
  • aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Also worth looking for cheap green/blue/purple glyphs at guild traders whenever you may be browsing for something else... a little gold for some extra inspiration.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    imdas wrote: »

I've already made quite a few as it is and I don't have any other max characters... So really I still need someone in order to make the most out what I have done.

Ahh, but you don't need Max Characters. Your goal, in this situation, is to get an Alt to L32 in Enchanting so you can have an L3 Hireling, so you get a good chance to get a Kuta in your Hireling mail. I think it is L32 for unlocking the last Enchanting Hireling, it is for other equipment crafts. I have 4 L3 Enchanter Hirelings, and get 1 to 3 Kuta's per week and 6 to 12 Rekutas a week.

Now, if you only have one character in total, then you want to trade Glyphs with someone else. Me, I would rather level two enchanters at once.

Here is what you could do if no one responds, go to an Enchanting Station and ask if anyone wants to trade glyphs for leveling.

Edited by Nestor on July 26, 2016 6:59PM

• imdas
    imdas
    imdas wrote: »

Ahh, but you don't need Max Characters. Your goal, in this situation, is to get an Alt to L32 in Enchanting so you can have an L3 Hireling, so you get a good chance to get a Kuta in your Hireling mail. I think it is L32 for unlocking the last Enchanting Hireling, it is for other equipment crafts. I have 4 L3 Enchanter Hirelings, and get 1 to 3 Kuta's per week and 6 to 12 Rekutas a week.

Now, if you only have one character in total, then you want to trade Glyphs with someone else. Me, I would rather level two enchanters at once.

Here is what you could do if no one responds, go to an Enchanting Station and ask if anyone wants to trade glyphs for leveling.

Thanks for the hireling tip, I'll definitely put that into good use and as for my glyph I'll just go to enchantment stations and ask around, but if anyone who reads this posts and would like to trade with me just to help that would be appreciated too.
  • imdas
    imdas
    aldriq wrote: »
    Also worth looking for cheap green/blue/purple glyphs at guild traders whenever you may be browsing for something else... a little gold for some extra inspiration.

Didn't think about that thanks!
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @imdas

For budgeting and planning purposes, use the information in this thread to most efficiently use your Runes to make and decon glyphs. Note that there is a cap of sorts on the Inspiration you get at certain levels of enchanting. Use this to your advantage by making the lowest level potency glyphs that give you max inspiration for your rank.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226749/craft-decon-ip-data-as-of-pts-patch-v2-2-2-orsinium-dlc

Basically, your going to need about 100 to 120 Rekuta Based Glyphs to get from 36 to 50 on your main enchanter. At least you will know what your going to need and how many your going to trade if you go that route.

• Tevalaur
    Tevalaur
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @imdas

For budgeting and planning purposes, use the information in this thread to most efficiently use your Runes to make and decon glyphs. Note that there is a cap of sorts on the Inspiration you get at certain levels of enchanting. Use this to your advantage by making the lowest level potency glyphs that give you max inspiration for your rank.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/226749/craft-decon-ip-data-as-of-pts-patch-v2-2-2-orsinium-dlc

The 3rd table in Leveling section of Sunshine Daydream's Guide to Enchanting shows more details about when glyphs become unimpeded by the inspiration cap: http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/enchanting.html#Eleveling (the link Nestor provided suggests buying up Monumental Purple glyphs to level to Enchanting 32, but you don't actually get full inspiration from deconning them until you reach level 32, so they're somewhat of a waste of gold).

Another table in that section also shows enchanting inspiration with their base values (not using bonuses to inspiration such as ESO+).
    Edited by Tevalaur on July 27, 2016 12:31AM
    Is Uncle John's band calling you? Do you daydream about Sugar Magnolias? Is your favorite sunflower a China Cat? Tired of Truckin' alone to Terrapin Station? If so, share some Space with other hippies & deadheads in the guild Sunshine Daydream! Send a message in game (PC-NA) to Kaibeth for your invitation.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Tevalaur wrote: »
    suggests buying up Monumental Purple glyphs to level to Enchanting 32, but you don't actually get full inspiration from deconning them until you reach level 32, so they're somewhat of a waste of gold).

I don't know if I would buy Glyphs for decon. However, after IC dropped and we got the new potencies, Kura and Rekura Potencies were super cheap, the cheapest in the game to buy (probably still are) so it was/is not a real waste of gold to buy those potencies in bulk to make Glyphs to level with.

The trick in this case is to have enough Denata's and Rekutas to use to level an Alt. A new player starting out won't, a player who has been around a year or so will. However a new player, if they are playing the content and not in a rush to end game can level Enchanting to keep up with their character leveling deconning mob looted glyphs, for the most part, as they go along.

It is grinding enchanting up quickly that is the trick. And, with most things, Gold makes this easier.

• aldriq
    aldriq
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the link to those tables, good to know there is a cap.

Looking at those inspiration values it even makes sense to craft purple glyphs for personal use anyway... I've only been making blue quality items and glyphs as I level my way to 50... can purple glyphs be applied to blue items, or would it be a waste?