Maintenance for the week of December 5:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 5, 4:00AM EST (9:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EST (14:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 7, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EST (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – December 7, 6:00AM EST (11:00 UTC) - 11:00AM EST (16:00 UTC)

Motif Accountwide

Nardvark
Nardvark
✭✭✭
Can We for the love of god make Motifs Account wide.? and if not why?
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    No need for it, just learn them on your main crafter that is researching traits.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Don't know why you need multiple characters knowing all of the traits. I only see this as helpful if you wish to delete the character that has already learned them for some reason and that comes down to character planning and management.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    yeah can we plz get them to be Motifs Account wide
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Nardvark
    Nardvark
    ✭✭✭
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Don't know why you need multiple characters knowing all of the traits. I only see this as helpful if you wish to delete the character that has already learned them for some reason and that comes down to character planning and management.

    Exactly I'm replaying new Toons and moving to the pact as friends want to move to that faction I don't need or want to keep my Dominion toons.. they need to make motifs account wide or make it so we can change factions in crown store .. and i know im not alone on this..
  • jedtb16_ESO
    jedtb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nardvark wrote: »
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Don't know why you need multiple characters knowing all of the traits. I only see this as helpful if you wish to delete the character that has already learned them for some reason and that comes down to character planning and management.

    Exactly I'm replaying new Toons and moving to the pact as friends want to move to that faction I don't need or want to keep my Dominion toons.. they need to make motifs account wide or make it so we can change factions in crown store .. and i know im not alone on this..

    make all the items in all the traits..... put them in your bank.
    take them out on new toon...

    research

    job done....

    fancy a brew?
  • dodgehopper_ESO
    dodgehopper_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nardvark wrote: »
    Can We for the love of god make Motifs Account wide.? and if not why?

    I actually kind of agree with this. My first irritation with this issue is with regard to Imperials. It in some ways forces you to turn an imperial to a blacksmith/clothier/woodworker at the early phase of the game. Lets face it early on 50,000ish is meaningful when you're busy just trying to feed a horse and increase bank/bag size. Also you can 'convert' some gear to imperial style but many other pieces you can not. I think they're trying to drive up the value of these pieces although I think on the whole I could care less and I'd personally rather motifs be an account unlock. This could be alleviated if by knowing a trait you could convert a style on a piece of armor.
    Edited by dodgehopper_ESO on July 27, 2016 8:56PM
    US/AD - Dodge Hopper - Vet Imperial Templar | US/AD - Goj-ei-Raj - Vet Argonian Nightblade
    US/AD - Arondonimo - Vet Altmer Sorcerer | US/AD - Azumarax - Vet Dunmer Dragon Knight
    US/AD - Barkan al-Sheharesh - Vet Redguard Dragon Knight | US/AD - Aelus Vortavoriil - Vet Altmer Templar
    US/AD - Shirari Qa'Dar - Vet Khajiit Nightblade | US/AD - Ndvari Mzunchvolenthumz - Vet Bosmer Nightblade
    US/EP - Yngmar - Vet Nord Dragon Knight | US/EP - Reloth Ur Fyr - Vet Dunmer Sorcerer
    US/DC - Muiredeach - Vet Breton Sorcerer | US/DC - Nachtrabe - Vet Orc Nightblade
    EU/DC - Dragol gro-Unglak - Vet Orc Dragon Knight | EU/DC - Targan al-Barkan - Vet Redguard Templar
    EU/DC - Wuthmir - Vet Nord Sorcerer | EU/DC - Kosh Ragotoro - Vet Khajiit Nightblade
    <And plenty more>
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Apart from my crafter learning the Imperial motif, all of his other known styles can be replaced easily enough. For me, if I chose to delete my master crafter, I would lose the 100's of recipes he has learned for provisioning, the psijic ambrosia recipe and all of the crafting traits he has researched (most 8 and learning the 9th).

    Needless to say he will never be deleted.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Nardvark
    Nardvark
    ✭✭✭
    Colors are account wide .. so Motif should be IMO..
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Nardvark wrote: »
    Colors are account wide .. so Motif should be IMO..

    Of course, I think everyone can see the relation between the two.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Nardvark wrote: »
    Colors are account wide .. so Motif should be IMO..

    Of course, I think everyone can see the relation between the two.

    Sure I can
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • ELDARTHVADER
    ELDARTHVADER
    ✭✭
    No, that would mean skills point used for same skill across all, and that is just useless.
    Craft on on one
    play hard on all others!

    very easy with ESO Craft Bag, if not bag then all mats to Bank!
  • Makkir
    Makkir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NO

    This would stop demand all together

    We already have a serious lack of in demand goods
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    The basic ones are super easy to find, and even the rare ones (with the exception of Imperial) are not TOO difficult.

    No real reason to kill of an entire section of the market. The common ones sell for only a couple of hundred gold on PC / NA as it is.
    The difference between stupidity and genius is that genius has its limits.- Albert Einstein -
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nardvark wrote: »
    Can We for the love of god make Motifs Account wide.? and if not why?

    Because characters.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    ***
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Dread_Viking
    Dread_Viking
    ✭✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Nardvark wrote: »
    Can We for the love of god make Motifs Account wide.? and if not why?

    Because characters.

    not a good point
    Don't worry girl I'm a Sorcerer, i got my Hardened Ward for protection
  • Mojmir
    Mojmir
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    NO

    This would stop demand all together

    We already have a serious lack of in demand goods

    My gold pile disagrees with you
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    Makkir wrote: »
    NO

    This would stop demand all together

    We already have a serious lack of in demand goods

    Not really because most people do this:
    Danksta wrote: »
    No need for it, just learn them on your main crafter that is researching traits.

    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    So he said:
    Nardvark wrote: »
    Can We for the love of god make Motifs Account wide.? and if not why?

    So then I said:
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Because characters.

    So then he said:
    not a good point

    Is too.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    ***
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • BruhItsOver9000
    BruhItsOver9000
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Why?
    WOOD ELF MASTER RACE.

  • logosloki
    logosloki
    ✭✭✭
    Mounts, Pets, Costumes, Polymorphs, Hats, Craft Bag and Collectibles are all account bound so I don't see the issue with making motifs account-wide as well. It would fit the theme that any aesthetic or non-combat item is generally account-wide.
  • javajedi
    javajedi
    ✭✭✭
    My main toon and master crafter is AD but I am in the same boat of friends who have drifted to playing in other alliances now. True, they've made dungeon grouping possible cross faction but in general PvE gameplay or PvP it's a no go unless I want to just go kill them. LOL

    I can never delete this character as it stands now because I have too much invested in the rare and exotic styles that I don't want to have to re-learn. I guess it doesn't hurt just keeping the toon alive to use for crafting purposes but why can't there be a method for faction change? I'd be alright with taking a penalty that your AP earned don't count toward Emperor for X number of days if the concern was folks jumping factions just to try to exploit a campaign or something.
    Edited by javajedi on August 1, 2016 6:45PM
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think motifs and trait crafting should be account wide. It takes so long. And there's a lot of gold (or crowns) spent to get motifs. I think the max research traits thing should be account wide as well.
  • Artis
    Artis
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not only motifs, but all the achievements. For the same reasons as motifs. You did put effort but if you need to delete a character - all that is gone as if it never happened. But it did.
  • Lolssi
    Lolssi
    ✭✭✭
    No need. One toon is enough.
  • UncannyLinderman
    UncannyLinderman
    ✭✭✭
    logosloki wrote: »
    Mounts, Pets, Costumes, Polymorphs, Hats, Craft Bag and Collectibles are all account bound so I don't see the issue with making motifs account-wide as well. It would fit the theme that any aesthetic or non-combat item is generally account-wide.

    Because it breaks the economy of the game. Crafters lose importance and motif values plummet.
  • ADarklore
    ADarklore
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Nardvark wrote: »
    disintegr8 wrote: »
    Don't know why you need multiple characters knowing all of the traits. I only see this as helpful if you wish to delete the character that has already learned them for some reason and that comes down to character planning and management.

    Exactly I'm replaying new Toons and moving to the pact as friends want to move to that faction I don't need or want to keep my Dominion toons.. they need to make motifs account wide or make it so we can change factions in crown store .. and i know im not alone on this..

    You're not alone, but you are a super minority... and it is not cost-effective to devote developer resources to appease a super minority. They have a small team and most are over-tasked as it is, so when it comes down to deciding what gets implemented and what doesn't, it comes down on the side of what impacts or benefits the vast majority of players.
    Started ESO: May 2015 - Left: Sept 2018 - Returned: May 2021 - Left: July 2022
    PC-NA AD
    TEMPLAR / NIGHTBLADE / SORCERER / WARDEN
    CP: 1580
    ESO+

    ** Strictly a solo PvE quester **
  • Balthyzar
    Balthyzar
    ✭✭✭
    There is a great need for this. With all the different motifs coming out, it's becoming unreasonable to have to get every motif for all crafting toons. If we put the work into finding or buying them they should be account wide. Anyone who says there is no need is just someone who loves price gouging.
    Balthyzar,
    Heir to House Dagoth & last of the Aundae
  • Balthyzar
    Balthyzar
    ✭✭✭
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    So he said:
    Nardvark wrote: »
    Can We for the love of god make Motifs Account wide.? and if not why?

    So then I said:
    newtinmpls wrote: »
    Because characters.

    So then he said:
    not a good point

    Is too.
    Your point as you say makes absolutely no sense.

    Balthyzar,
    Heir to House Dagoth & last of the Aundae
Sign In or Register to comment.