The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

vMA weapon drop rate 100%??

Martol
Martol
✭✭✭
Hey all, a friend of mine told me that the weapon drop rate for vMA in the SoH patch will be increased to 100%.

Please confirm!!!
i jest wanna git gud ;_;
  • LZH
    LZH
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've heard from a few people as well but haven't seen an official confirmation anywhere so I'm not exactly sure where they are getting their information from.

Even at 100% droprate it will still be a pain in the ass to farm as there are still 12 weapons with like 7-8 possible traits. Stupid stuff. They need some kind of new system that will guarantee a certain reward after you invest so much time into what is supposed to be the hardest solo content in the game.

For example, I did 4 runs today. I can normally finish a run in 55 minutes to an hour (this will be even longer for most people which makes the whole droprate seem even more ridiculous) so I spent roughly 4 hours in the arena today and all that I have to show for it is an infused restoration staff. So essentially I didn't get anything because my weapon is terrible and the 3 rings that I got are also useless. They either have to make the vMA sets usable or just remove them because right now they are all terrible.
    Edited by LZH on July 26, 2016 7:20AM
  • SanTii.92
    SanTii.92
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Non, dont think so. And I've seen this assumption before. Have no idea where it came from.
    When the snows fall and the white winds blow,
    the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives.

Arg | Pc Na | Factionless Mag Warden.
  • Waseem
    Waseem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    buff drop rate from 0.52% to 1.04% of desired weapon with trait
    doesnt even look good enough
    PC EU

• Torbschka
    Torbschka
    ✭✭✭✭
    I thought they changed it already to a 100% drop? Guess I was lucky the last 3 times lol :D
  • Chilla_Deluxe
    Chilla_Deluxe
    ✭✭✭
    Waseem wrote: »
    buff drop rate from 0.52% to 1.04% of desired weapon with trait
    doesnt even look good enough

For people like you, nothings ever good enough.
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I hope so. I genuinely pray and hope so. Let me tag some ZOS names, to try and receive confirmation. If this news is true, however? This will be the best news to hit ESO, besides removal of veteran ranks. This will make tons (yes tons) of people return to the game, as I know lots who've quit due to VMA RNG. @ZOS_GinaBruno @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_KaiSchober @ZOS_RichLambert @ZOS_Finn @Wrobel

Edit:
    If this is confirmed, I highly advise those who have not completed VMA to start doing runs now to learn the mechanics and study videos and write-ups about VMA. You're in for the jackpot. Hype is too real right now.
    Edited by Ch4mpTW on July 26, 2016 10:41AM
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Such a troll post...where did this come from?
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Apparently it was said (on ESO Live?) that Update 11 will:
    • Increase the vMA Stage 8 reward to drop jewelry 100% of the time
    • Increase the vMA Stage 9 reward to drop Maelstrom Weapons 100% of the time
    • Increase the vDSA final reward to drop Master Weapons 100% of the time (scaled to CP160 as well)

Hopefully it actually happens! :D
  • dereck_phantom
    I've heard from a few people as well but haven't seen an official confirmation anywhere so I'm not exactly sure where they are getting their information from.

Even at 100% droprate it will still be a pain in the ass to farm as there are still 12 weapons with like 7-8 possible traits. Stupid stuff. They need some kind of new system that will guarantee a certain reward after you invest so much time into what is supposed to be the hardest solo content in the game.

For example, I did 4 runs today. I can normally finish a run in 55 minutes to an hour (this will be even longer for most people which makes the whole droprate seem even more ridiculous) so I spent roughly 4 hours in the arena today and all that I have to show for it is an infused restoration staff. So essentially I didn't get anything because my weapon is terrible and the 3 rings that I got are also useless. They either have to make the vMA sets usable or just remove them because right now they are all terrible.
    I run it twice daily and don't even use the weapons because of the traits it gives me
  • dereck_phantom
    Doncellius wrote: »
    • Increase the vDSA final reward to drop Master Weapons 100% of the time (scaled to CP160 as well)

Which ESO live I'm gonna go back and look cause that will be great if they go that
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I've heard from guildies playing on PTS that they feel vMA is getting a ninja nerf. Yes, you get templates and wear/use the best gear on the PTS, but my guildies are no deathing vMA on PTS yet still haven't beat it on live.

This is terribly upsetting news to me. vMA doesn't need to be easier... it needs a better loot system.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    That seems rather extreme, going from not being able to beat it to Flawless. They sure they're not running on normal by accident?
  • Jaronking
    Jaronking
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    I've heard from guildies playing on PTS that they feel vMA is getting a ninja nerf. Yes, you get templates and wear/use the best gear on the PTS, but my guildies are no deathing vMA on PTS yet still haven't beat it on live.

This is terribly upsetting news to me. vMA doesn't need to be easier... it needs a better loot system.
    If this is the case than am pretty sure update 12 going to have new weapons.They Nerf the content for more people to do it and than bring in something new for the hardcore's to complete the following update.
  • PURPLE245
    PURPLE245
    ✭✭✭
    imo they need to add tokens and you can pick what wep you want near the end or even keep the drop rate how they are but add tokens and then after liken 3 runs thats will get you the right amount for a wep i hate how you have ot farm 50 time and you maybe get what you need you may now like wtf why shoulder yo even have to go threw the pain go doing it like 50 times and still get what you need..........
    ↓♛The Fam♛↓
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    AD/High Elf-NB=Chip-D-I-P-S
    AD/High Elf-Sorc=Why Play
    AD/High Elf-Templar=Star Bucks
    AD/High Elf-DK=D-I-P-S
    DC/Orc-DK=Super Nub
    AD/Wood Elf-Templar=L M A O
    AD/Wood Elf-NB=ßoß
    AD/Wood Elf-sorc=Tarzan
    EP/Argonian-dk=Swimming Like A Shark
    PC☜═㋡630+cp ㋡═☞EU
    User ID=@PURPLE97
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭

Would love to know which ESO Live this was in as well. It's a very juicy comment that it appears that most missed...
  • luen79rwb17_ESO
    luen79rwb17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't recall this being said on any ESO live, nor it is in the patch notes considering it's a significant change.

In fact, on a previous ESO live someone asked about VMSA and Dungeon Lead dude response literally was for U11 they're only working on DSA and previous trials.
    Edited by luen79rwb17_ESO on July 26, 2016 2:41PM
    PC/DC/NAserver

V16 sorc - V16 temp - V16 dk - V1 nb - V1 temp - V1 dk
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »

As someone who hasn't beat it yet, I 100% agree.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    someone needs to confirm this asap
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • elium85
    elium85
    ✭✭✭
    I am not sure it's confirmed but it wasn't mentioned on ESO Live but in another twitch stream. The rumor is there was a Dev in the stream that said it was being implemented.
  • ZOS_RichLambert
    ZOS_RichLambert
    Creative Director
    Martol wrote: »
    Hey all, a friend of mine told me that the weapon drop rate for vMA in the SoH patch will be increased to 100%.

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.
    Rich Lambert
    Creative Director - The Elder Scrolls Online
    Facebook | Twitter | Google+ | Tumblr | Pinterest | YouTube
    Staff Post
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭
    elium85 wrote: »
    I am not sure it's confirmed but it wasn't mentioned on ESO Live but in another twitch stream. The rumor is there was a Dev in the stream that said it was being implemented.

Well, if it's on the internet, it must be true...
  • Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.

SHUT THE FRONT DOOR!!!

Awesome news!!
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.
    I could kiss you, Rich. But that would be weird. You just made me so, so, sooooo happy.
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Which ESO live I'm gonna go back and look cause that will be great if they go that
    Talvorian wrote: »

Would love to know which ESO Live this was in as well. It's a very juicy comment that it appears that most missed...

Either the last ESO Live or the one before that. Doesn't matter too much though because:

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.

The man himself confirmed it like four minutes ago :smiley:
    Edited by Vaoh on July 26, 2016 3:14PM
  • MaxwellC
    MaxwellC
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.

OMG ITS HAPPENING

tumblr_myvymhpYkU1t0ple2o1_400.gif

This is @ZOS_RichLambert in the middle right now as he says confirmed and everyone else is freaking out

2977457-9595356216-idn2p.gif
    Edited by MaxwellC on July 26, 2016 3:20PM
    不動の Steadfast - Unwavering
    XBL Gamer Tag - Maxwell
    XB1 Maxwell Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Redguard Stamina DK
    XB1 Max Crystal - NA DC CP 800+ Brenton Magicka DK
    PC Maxwell-Crystal - NA DC - CP 200+ Brenton Magicka DK 「Retired」
    Band Camp statements: To state "But this one time I saw X doing X... so that justifies X" Refers to the Band camp statement.
    Coined by Maxwel
    l
  • Milvan
    Milvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.

Ty for listening the community!
    “Kings of the land and the sky we are; proud gryphons.” Stalker stands, the epitome of pride. Naked and muscular, his wings widen and his feet dig in as if he alone holds down the earth and supports the heavens, keeping the two ever separate.”
    Gryphons guild - @Milvan,
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.

HERO!!!!! I could actually kiss you.

Is there a downside to this? Like vma being buffed at all? Either way that's made my week....
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.

Is there a downside to this? Like vma being buffed at all? Either way that's made my week....
    @ZOS_RichLambert Were there any changes that would lower/increase the difficulty of the arena?

Just curious, as someone's posted that the arena was ninja nerfed on PTS :hushed:
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    HOLY CRAP

@ZOS_RichLambert
    YES, YES, SO MANY TIMES YES
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Sargentwilko51
    Sargentwilko51
    ✭✭✭

Please confirm!!!

Confirmed.

@ZOS_RichLambert Were there any changes that would lower/increase the difficulty of the arena?

Just curious, as someone's posted that the arena was ninja nerfed on PTS :hushed:

I am wondering if the change to the minor slayer (affecting all mobs and bosses in trials/dungeons) is partly responsible for this seeming decrease in difficulty? A 5% increase in overall damage helps alot...