The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

10th Trait

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
I imagine at some point another trait will be added.

Any ideas what it could be? What would you like to see in a trait? (Keep in mind it would likely have two different effects, one for weapons and another for armor pieces.)
Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 25, 2016 5:19PM
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Lucky"

Legendary pieces at CP160 reduce the chance of getting prosperous, training or well-fitted by 1%.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The important ones are already in the game. Adding another trait will further dilute the trait pool making specific weapons and armor even harder to get in the right trait. Another trait added to the loot pools will be a nightmare. Unless ZOS finally removes the crap traits from the high end gear loot pools.
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Make all the current traits useful before adding more.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Jimmy wrote: »
    The important ones are already in the game. Adding another trait will further dilute the trait pool making specific weapons and armor even harder to get in the right trait. Another trait added to the loot pools will be a nightmare. Unless ZOS finally removes the crap traits from the high end gear loot pools.

I agree with what you're saying, but I feel a 10th trait could be a good thing in terms of high level crafting as it would open up some '10 trait sets'
  • DMuehlhausen
    DMuehlhausen
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Or just make a crafting ability where you an change the enchantment or trait on items. Maybe have a higher than average failure rate to keep some risk, but if you could at least change the stat you could add in more.
  • Jimmy
    Jimmy
    ✭✭✭✭✭

I agree with what you're saying, but I feel a 10th trait could be a good thing in terms of high level crafting as it would open up some '10 trait sets'

@psychotic13 They can do the same thing with 9th trait sets. Why are you for new sets being added into the game but only able to be used after a 30 day wait period for everyone to research a tenth trait?
    PC NA
    @SkruDe
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I'm all for a 10th trait... assuming they can actually come up with a good idea for one. The fact that we have prosperous at all leads me to believe that they are having trouble coming up with even 9 useful traits.
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • susmitds
    susmitds
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    "Lucky"

Legendary pieces at CP160 reduce the chance of getting prosperous, training or well-fitted by 1%.

I would give any thing for a MA BLoodSpawn Well-Fitted Helm. Did not get it in 120+ runs.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I really hope they don't come up with a 10th trait, that will be another 5 months if I reinvest the skill points. Not looking forward to that chase. Also, most 8 and 9 traits sets are still kind of Meh, so that 10th trait set better be worth it.

I would rather them fix the traits they have now, and buff the 7, 8 and 9 trait sets to make them a better alternative to Hundings/Julianos, not just a Niche Set like they are now.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    Danksta wrote: »
    Make all the current traits useful before adding more.

yup then add a 10th thats the 'new' prosperous (cuz at this point, they make prosperous actually prosperous to have) and then give it 10x the rating of any other trait, so 9/10 of all drops are the 'new' super-useless trait.

YAYGRIND-THAT'LL KEEP PLAYERS PLAYING.

They can even add a new buff in the crown store, 'For the next 30min, all 'SUPERUSLESS trait will not spawn'

Honestly, prosperous should first be changed to be like a combo of what it is now(with boosted effect, like ZERO item damage from combat, +X gold -not%, and maybe even a 'luck' modifier to loot, AKA the treasure hunter CP node, mixed with the 'current' training trait. - Make prosperous the go-to trait for anyone trying to 'grind' at the 'cost' of the builds effectiveness.

Training should be removed and replaced with something people WANT. IE change to a evasion style thing (Where max one can gain is 20% dodge chance with 7-8 pieces equipped at gold/legendary) and renamed to 'elusive'
    Edited by AtmaDarkwolf on July 25, 2016 5:03PM
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@psychotic13 They can do the same thing with 9th trait sets. Why are you for new sets being added into the game but only able to be used after a 30 day wait period for everyone to research a tenth trait?

Just an idea, and why not? They'll only be accessible to people who've put the time and effort into researching them, so you're not like everyone else who runs pretty much the same set up
  • Acrolas
    Acrolas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Armor: Conveyance

3/4/5/6/7% of your weakest recovery stat is directly applied as a bonus to your strongest recovery stat.
    Weakest stat remains unchanged.

Weapon: Parry

2/4/6/8/10% 1H
    4/8/12/16/20% 2H

Chance to reduce 50% of damage taken by a light or heavy attack, and return that 50% as unresistable damage to the attacker.
    Edited by Acrolas on July 25, 2016 5:19PM
    signing off
  • Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    Enemy-of-Coldharbour
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not need another trait.

Silivren (Silly) Thalionwen | Altmer Templar | Magicka | 9-Trait Master Crafter/Jeweler | Master Angler | PVE Main - Killed by U35
    Jahsul at-Sahan | Redguard Sorcerer | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites | PVP Main
    Derrok Gunnolf | Redguard Dragonknight | Stamina | Werewolf - Free Bites
    Liliana Littleleaf | 9-Trait Grand Master Crafter/Jeweler (non-combat)
    Amber Emberheart | Breton Dragonknight | Stamina | Master Angler
    Vlos Anon | Dunmer Nightblade | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Kalina Valos | Dunmer Warden | Magicka | Vampire - Free Bites
    Swiftpaws-Moonshadow | Khajiit Nightblade | Stamina
    Morgul Vardar | Altmer Necromancer | Magicka
    Tithin Geil | Altmer Sorceress | Magicka
    Dhryk | Imperial Dragonknight | Stamina

Guild Master - ESO Traders Union
    PC/NA - CP 2250+
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I want Weighted back :c
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Irresistible: All attacks ignore damage shields.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Game Breaker: Improves everything in your character sheet by 20%. Takes 1 year to research.

Nerfed in 1 year to 1% instead of 20%.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Fuel, coal trait gem - armour trait: increase all recovery 0.5% - 2.5%

Charmed, pearl trait gem - weapon trait: 2% - 10% chance to double damage caused
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    daemonios wrote: »
    "Lucky"

And what's wrong with Well-Fitted?

Oh right people want their opponents to dodge LESS.
    Edited by UltimaJoe777 on July 25, 2016 7:02PM
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Astrotaz
    Astrotaz
    Merchant Trait --- increases the gold you get from selling items to a vendor
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We do not need another trait.

+1. Do it see a need and have not seen a suggestion worthy of watering down getting a good trait in dropped gear.
  • Psyonico
    Psyonico
    ✭✭✭
    They just modified a bunch of traits in the last patch, so don't hold your breath.
  • Dradhok
    Dradhok
    ✭✭✭

Open up “10 trait sets” wouldn’t they just be 9 trait if there isn’t a tenth trait?
  • NewBlacksmurf
    NewBlacksmurf
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd rather they combine traits as in offer ways to include two or three in crafting instead of adding another.

A 10th trait seems pointless
    -PC (PTS)/Xbox One: NewBlacksmurf
    ~<{[50]}>~ looks better than *501
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    From a crafting stand point, I think adding a 10th trait is a good idea. It would give those who have all traits another way to improve and make 10 trait crafters a rare commodity and, thus, can make profit from providing their service or selling the set equipment. That would stimulate the economy a little and make crafting more gratifying. However, I agree that the trait should be useful. Haven't seen any good suggestions yet for what that could be. It would also make crafting seem daunting to newcomers. It's taken me about 11 months to almost finish all traits.
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    If they really want to make it rare than there should be a requirement to have to have 9 traits done on an item before this new trait is researched. The sets are one thing, but I'd prefer not to have the new trait available on day 1 cause people rolled new toons.
  • hrothbern
    hrothbern
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Acrolas wrote: »
    Armor: Conveyance

3/4/5/6/7% of your weakest recovery stat is directly applied as a bonus to your strongest recovery stat.
    Weakest stat remains unchanged.

Weapon: Parry

2/4/6/8/10% 1H
    4/8/12/16/20% 2H

Chance to reduce 50% of damage taken by a light or heavy attack, and return that 50% as unresistable damage to the attacker.

I like Hybrid stuff to be added
    I like the principle you outline, that a percentage of the weakest "stat" is added to the strongest "stat", which could be applied on SD/WD, on Mag/Sta Recovery, on the three stat pools, on S/W crit chance, etc

EDIT:
    perhaps that Hybrid Armor trait does a tiny bit of all 4 "stats" mentioned above, with a value of perhaps only something like 0.2/0.4/0.6/0.8/1.0% per trait,

Edited by hrothbern on July 25, 2016 8:52PM
    "I still do not understand why I followed the advice of Captain Rana to bring the villagers of Bleakrock into safety. We should have fought for our village and not have backed down, with our tail between our legs. Now my home village is in shambles, the houses burning, the invaders feasting.I swear every day to Shor that after Molag Bal has been defeated, I will hunt down the invaders and restore peace in Bleakrock and drink my mead with my friends at the market place".PC-EU
  • Forestd16b14_ESO
    Forestd16b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ..... Well i know who to kidnap and give to Molagbal if we get a 10th trait.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    "Indecipherable." It's one of the other nine, but you don't know which.
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    How about the 10th trait allows you to combine 2 of the previous 9? (bit like enchanting from previous games) make the other 9 required before you can learn to combine them?
  • THEDKEXPERIENCE
    THEDKEXPERIENCE
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    "Indecipherable." It's one of the other nine, but you don't know which.

I know this was a joke but in all seriousness if you made it 2 random traits you're onto something here.

Imagine having to craft 5 or 10 pieces each of CP160 gear in order to randomly get the 2 best traits. I'd lose my mind if I could infused and divines on the same piece.
    Edited by THEDKEXPERIENCE on July 25, 2016 10:31PM