Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Started to collect motifs

psychotic13
psychotic13
✭✭✭✭✭
I've started collecting motifs so I can craft anything I want to, currently I have the following:

Altmer
Dunmer
Bosmer
Orismer
Argonian
Khajiit
Nord
Breton
Redguard
Daedric
Ancient elf
Mercenary
Barbaric
Primal
Soul Shriven
Dominion
Xivkyn
Dwemer
Covenant
Pact
Outlaw
Assassins league

But I'm having trouble finding the pages for the other motifs, I don't really want to go and pay 10k crowns for ancient orc and glass, because well it's complete robbery.

I know some motifs are going to cost more than others, does anyone have any guideline prices I shouldn't spend over for certain motifs? Or is it easier to go and try and farm some instead of buying them all with gold?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ancient Orc you have to farm the Public Dungeons, in particular the Bosses.

For Glass, you need the Fragments, 10 of them, and then you need the conversion matieral, which I think is 10 Gold, and then you get a random chapter from the process. I just bought it in the Crown Store rather than go through all that..

So, either do the above, or pry open the wallet and spend some gold in the Guild Stores.

As for pricing, can't help you there. I personally set a limit and won't buy a motif that is above that price, but that limit can change from week to week.
    Edited by Nestor on July 25, 2016 4:13PM
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Ancient Orc you have to farm the Public Dungeons, in particular the Bosses.

For Glass, you need the Fragments, 10 of them, and then you need the conversion matieral, which I think is 10 Gold, and then you get a random chapter from the process. I just bought it in the Crown Store rather than go through all that..

So, either do the above, or pry open the wallet and spend some gold in the Guild Stores.

As for pricing, can't help you there. I personally set a limit and won't buy a motif that is above that price, but that limit can change from week to week.

I understand some motif chapters can be earned through farming delve bosses in specific areas, I was just wondering what's a decent price to pay in terms of gold via the guild traders.

Like I got pretty much all the outlaw pieces for 8k and under, and the faction pieces for around 5k and under, although it took a while going to all the guild traders.

But the cheapest I've seen ancient Orc is 10k, and then you get things like Trinimac being 70k for one chapter which I'm not willing to pay as there is so many.

• Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Prices are tough, for one, Consoles tend to have higher priced items, and not a little higher either, than the PC. Then the Euro servers have higher prices than the NA servers do.

So, first thing you need to tell us is what platform and server are you on.

But, really, all you can do is shop and get an idea of what things list for if you don't have or can use an addon like Master Merchant to track prices. Also, look in Guild Store History if your in any guilds with a store or kiosk.

The ones you mention typically sell in the 5 figure range, 10K to 70K are the prices I see for various ones. Personally, I don't bother with Motifs if I have to pay more than 4K for a chapter I want, or more than 2K for a chapter I need but don't care about. If they are more than that, I don't make the style. Lucky that Ancient Orc and Trinimac are just not appealing to me, as they are the most expensive ones.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Prices are tough, for one, Consoles tend to have higher priced items, and not a little higher either, than the PC. Then the Euro servers have higher prices than the NA servers do.

So, first thing you need to tell us is what platform and server are you on.

But, really, all you can do is shop and get an idea of what things list for if you don't have or can use an addon like Master Merchant to track prices. Also, look in Guild Store History if your in any guilds with a store or kiosk.

The ones you mention typically sell in the 5 figure range, 10K to 70K are the prices I see for various ones. Personally, I don't bother with Motifs if I have to pay more than 4K for a chapter I want, or more than 2K for a chapter I need but don't care about. If they are more than that, I don't make the style. Lucky that Ancient Orc and Trinimac are just not appealing to me, as they are the most expensive ones.

Well that's great cause I'm on Xbox one EU :neutral: and being on console means no add ons.

I'm not specifically interested in the glass and ancient Orc motifs, I only mentioned them as they're in the crown store. I just want all motifs generally so I can craft anything for anyone in guilds ect.

But like you said, best bet is to shop around and sometimes you find a few deals
  • AntMan100673
    AntMan100673
    ✭✭✭
    I'm Xbox EU as well so I've got a rough idea for some of them, I'm only really looking for malacath shoulders at the minute though, I also still need 7 of the akaviri chapters and I've only got 2 of the abahs watch chapters.

Ancient Orc - people still farm in the wrothgar public dungeons so these are still around quite often, I'd put a max of 10k per chapter

Glass - weird one this, 10 fragments sold individually get me far more than I would make if I use the 10 fragments, spend 10k on the resin, and then sell the chapter (unless maybe I got chests). Because of this you don't see many chapters on the traders. If you do your writs though you will eventually be able to get this for yourself at 10k per chapter

Trinimac - when I got to 8 or 9 chapters and decided to start buying the rest I set myself an upper limit of 25k, I did get some cheaper though

Malacath - similar to trinimac but I used a limit of 30k, I'd go a little over that now though for shoulders so I can complete this motif

Abahs Watch - more of these are coming on the market now, the lowest I've seen them is 20k but the price still seems to be going down

Thieves Guild - not 100% sure on this one, think they were normally in the 15-20k mark

For ones that you can get fairly easily by yourself, eg trinimac you get from the daily delves in wrothgar, I found I'd get a chapter drop about 1 in 3, any spares I managed to swap with guildies so I only start looking at buying when I've got at least half.
    EU - EP - Dunmer - Dragonknight - Magicka DPS - CP160

GT: AntMan100673
  • psychotic13
    psychotic13
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cheers dude!
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    I converted 9 months worth of glass motif fragments last night - 180 - into motifs. So for a cost of 180k it gave me all bar about 3 motifs and the rest were duplicates. I don't even know how good or bad the armour is yet.

I have put 1 of the duplicates into each of my 3 guild stores to test out the prices and will sell the rest once I know more. Had a quick look in a few traders and saw them on sale for 30k and upwards but they had all been sitting there for anything up to two weeks.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I recently purchased the entire Abah's Watch set. It cost me about 40-50k per piece and 100k for the chest. It was aweful, but I've noticed the prices gradually dropping. Some of the more random pieces, like axes, maces, and bows are starting to sell for 30k. I'm not sure how much more the pieces will drop over time, since they are quite rare to get and not many people are actively doing that content.

It reminded me of Akaviri motifs. I paid about 50k for the small pieces and 100k for the big ones. I don't do PvP much, so I bought them off of my friends with massive surpluses of AP. The prices have gone down a bit since then, but they're also quite hard to find on the market. I recommend asking for a friend and looking more around 25k for smalls and 50-75k for the big ones.

This is a PS4 NA perspective.
  • Astanphaeus
    Astanphaeus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    I recently purchased the entire Abah's Watch set. It cost me about 40-50k per piece and 100k for the chest. It was aweful, but I've noticed the prices gradually dropping. Some of the more random pieces, like axes, maces, and bows are starting to sell for 30k. I'm not sure how much more the pieces will drop over time, since they are quite rare to get and not many people are actively doing that content.

It reminded me of Akaviri motifs. I paid about 50k for the small pieces and 100k for the big ones. I don't do PvP much, so I bought them off of my friends with massive surpluses of AP. The prices have gone down a bit since then, but they're also quite hard to find on the market. I recommend asking for a friend and looking more around 25k for smalls and 50-75k for the big ones.

This is a PS4 NA perspective.

Wow, I did not realize how much higher prices were on console. I bought the entire Abah's Watch motif for about 125k on PC NA.