The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Of my obsession with pets, mounts, and my subscription code of ethics

stewhead2ub17_ESO
stewhead2ub17_ESO
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Woe is me...I'm not sure when it happened but I've become obsessed with collecting pets and mounts. I've also been a subscriber since the beginning. Now ZOS trots out (see what I did there??) several mounts and pets which will be unavailable (at least for now) in several short days. I find myself short on crowns but as a rule of thumb I don't buy any extra crowns or in game currency in any mmo that I'm a subscriber of. The wife has given her papal blessing to purchase crowns to feed this twisted compulsion but I have yet go through with it. Does anyone else suffer from this bizarre ethical dilemma?? :open_mouth:
  • daemonios
    daemonios
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nope. And welcome to the wonderful world of microtransactions. The fact that you find yourself short on crowns isn't an unfortunate circumstance - it's by design.

This (among other reasons) is why I've never spent a crown in the game, although I've been a subscriber since launch.
  • stewhead2ub17_ESO
    stewhead2ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @daemonios I have np with microtransactions per se. The problem is ME! lol for the longest time I never even spent my crowns (or other in game currency) on anything and seemingly out of nowhere I want pets and mounts! I just have this personal code whereby if I'm subscribing to a game I won't pay extra for things. :P
  • BomblePants
    BomblePants
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm the same.... I just bought the turquoise nixad and the badger - but now I NEED the blue froggy.... -.-
  • logosloki
    logosloki
    ✭✭✭
    This is my first month; I bought a subscription to this game and have spent something like 10k crowns on top of that already. AI will happily have a sub running and spend on store items, now that I have some big ticket permanent items out of the way I foresee that the amount I put in wont be as high as I have spent on other games (I believe the classification of my spending habits are known as mini-Whale or light-Whale) . I will be looking at what is about to leave the store in a few short days again to see if there is anything I might want but I am largely happy with the purchases I have made already.

What is good about the store items is that they are account-wide and that there is no box cancer. Box cancer is always concerning to me because I do have issues with compulsive gambling and it doesn't matter what I say, I will hop on that wagon the moment it rides past.