Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Returning from a long hiatus.. questions!

Xogath
Xogath
✭✭✭
It's been a very long time since I've played (around the Steam release, I believe?), and while I enjoyed the game thoroughly, I know a lot has changed, so I had a few questions I wanted to ask before diving back in.

1. Nightblades - I remember vividly when leveling my Nightblade that it became severely difficult due to their lack of area damage, or inability to deal with multiple targets easily, whereas the DK had a much easier time with this. (And is inevitably why I switched classes.) Has this aspect of NBs been improved upon at all, or has nothing really changed much since then?

2. Speaking of DKs, how are they these days? I enjoyed mine quite a bit and was curious if much has changed for them.

3. Since we're talking classes... which of the two I mentioned above would you say do the best (damage-wise, anyway) late-to-end-game? At the time of me playing, if I remember correctly, Mages were pretty insane damage-wise; while everything else was behind them, but fairly even among one another. Is this still the case? Does it pretty much come down to ability and equipment, or are there certain builds that vastly outshine another?

4. Dark Brotherhood! This was the one thing I was waiting on more than anything when I had to stop playing. I'm excited to get in to the DBH, which is why I was thinking about maining a Nightblade, so I was kind of curious: which class does the DBH benefit the most, if any? And how good is that line of content in general?

5. I see that Veteran Ranks were finally removed with the DBH patch - how has that impacted the game, and what had to change because of it? (ie: level cap increases, etc.) I know there was a lot of power creep involved with VRs... how was that handled?

That's pretty much all I can think of for now... and I apologize if the class-related questions have been asked to death, but after around a year of time away, I couldn't resist (and probably couldn't stand reading through all of the patch notes since then... heh).

Thanks in advance!
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    1st of all DO You ask of PvE or PvP aspect of the game?
    About questons not combat related 4. No matter which class You'll choose for Dark Brotherhod You'll complete it without any problems. The line of content hmm. Definietly not worth the price imo each time i start this quest I'm getting bored after 10 minutes but it's just my opinion.
    5. Instead of veteran rank now we have champion points. When You'll get lv 50 You start to get champion points not veetran ranks. MAximum gear for now is scaled to 160 CP but champion points are points You can spend in champion system which gives You profits into Your statistics. Cap of CP's You can spend is 501 but You can level it further. Each cp will cost You more to get 1st will be cheap but to get cap You'll need to spend some time. But to get 160 it takes less time then previously to get v16. After changing game from veteran rank to no vet ranks not much changed basicly games still looks almost the same only dofference is Champion points are bound to account so You dotn need to get v16 on each character You just need 160cp overall. and when any of You characters get lv 50 he is immediatly scaled to Your cp ammount up to 160 cp.
    Edited by juhasman on July 23, 2016 8:57AM
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭
    juhasman wrote: »
    1st of all DO You ask of PvE or PvP aspect of the game?
    About questons not combat related 4. No matter which class You'll choose for Dark Brotherhod You'll complete it without any problems. The line of content hmm. Definietly not worth the price imo each time i start this quest I'm getting bored after 10 minutes but it's just my opinion.
    5. Instead of veteran rank now we have champion points. When You'll get lv 50 You start to get champion points not veetran ranks. MAximum gear for now is scaled to 160 CP but champion points are points You can spend in champion system which gives You profits into Your statistics. Cap of CP's You can spend is 501 but You can level it further. Each cp will cost You more to get 1st will be cheap but to get cap You'll need to spend some time. But to get 160 it takes less time then previously to get v16. After changing game from veteran rank to no vet ranks not much changed basicly games still looks almost the same only dofference is Champion points are bound to account so You dotn need to get v16 on each character You just need 160cp overall. and when any of You characters get lv 50 he is immediatly scaled to Your cp ammount up to 160 cp.

Huh, good to know, thanks!

And I guess I was unclear about that, I was mainly curious about PvE... although I did do some PvP before I had to quit and it was fairly fun. I may get back in to that later on.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    About PvE
    1. Nb have class AoE(last skill in siphoning) it have magicka and stamina morph but stamina users preffer skills like steel tornado for AoE but magicka morph is very good for magicka user.
    2. Stam DK is not no 1 DD at PvE, mag dk alsi isnt bad , but both requires skill to be played good.
    3. Now top DD's are stamina based characters. Stam dk seems to be the best but stam nb is only little bit behind. Both requires pretty the same setups. About builds You can make a buil;d based almost on crafted parts only except jewelery , but best in slot build now requires sets that are BoP and need to be farmed. Difference between best in slot setup and best setup You can easy get is like ~30%+ dps.
    Edited by juhasman on July 23, 2016 9:29AM
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    About PvE
    1. Nb have class AoE(last skill in siphoning) it have magicka and stamina morph but stamina users preffer skills like steel tornado for AoE but magicka morph is very good for magicka user.
    2. Stam DK is not no 1 DD at PvE, mag dk alsi isnt bad , but both requires skill to be played good.
    3. Now top DD's are stamina based characters. Stam dk seems to be the best but stam nb is only little bit behind. Both requires pretty the same setups. About builds You can make a buil;d based almost on crafted parts only except jewelery , but best in slot build now requires sets that are BoP and need to be farmed. Difference between best in slot setup and best setup You can easy get is like ~30%+ dps.

I'm not sure if stamDK is the best damage(it's my only character) but it's atleast really really basic to do good damage.
  • juhasman
    juhasman
    ✭✭✭✭
    ScottK1994 wrote: »
    About PvE

I'm not sure if stamDK is the best damage(it's my only character) but it's atleast really really basic to do good damage.
    @ScottK1994 here is alcast vid. 51k pure single target dps.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K9G3G3txKQs
    Edited by juhasman on July 23, 2016 10:23AM
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Wow! I can't check dps on PS4 which is a shame since it makes it harder to compare small changes.
  • Xogath
    Xogath
    ✭✭✭
    Pretty nice looking! Looked like a dual-wield axe build, if I saw correctly? Maybe maces?

I was always 2H on my DK, for the area damage and whatnot. Granted, I was just leveling at the time, too, and it seemed like the easier build at the time.

Regardless, I'm considering buying all the DLC now that I've gotten back in to the game, and since my NB somehow doesn't have any quests at all (not even story quests... somehow), I figured I might as well start over entirely, which is fine with me. They're only L29 and 30, so not too big a loss.

Relearning everything will be quite fun, I think. And my PC didn't explode while trying to play--neat!
    Edited by Xogath on July 24, 2016 6:20AM