Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

DK DD setup help

Tarukmockto
Tarukmockto
✭✭✭
So I have been playing for a long time and have had pretty good results with my Dragonknight using a Destro Staff. My main tools are Chains, Lava Whip & Silver Shards. I play mostly solo PVE, with all points in Health. What am I missing that would make my character more lethal in Craglorn, without becoming squishy?
Edited by Tarukmockto on July 27, 2016 10:43PM
NA - DC - DK - PC
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Vigor? It's a group heal any class can get. You don't need full health attributes anyway for damage you need to be able to spam

Magicka is standard if you're using lava whip etc for damage
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 23, 2016 10:17AM
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks, Maybe I'll respec my points into Magicka and see how it goes.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah the thing with DKs is that if we aren't going tank then we still have a lot of defensive moves to choose. Couldnt tell you the ideal defensive moves because it varies but having vigor at least means you can heal you and your party rather than just you.

I personally don't know any improvement to Increasing your burst, ive only tried physical weapons in this game so far as that's my favourite for solo and dungeons
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 23, 2016 8:43PM
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It looks like you're heading towards the magicka dk life. I just want to start by saying that the magicka dk class is the number one most forgotten class overall in terms of performance in PvP and PvE (PvP being the worst of the two). I've played it though, and it's a lot of fun. I care more about fun than FOTM and BIS. What makes magicka dk super fun to dps with is the DOT damage. I strongly recommend using wall of elements on your destro staff. It's super fun and super powerful. Another awesome skill is choking talons. It's super helpful for the party in trash mob pulls in dungeons. By locking them into place, it protects the healer and ranged from getting hit, and it gives the tank time to taunt. Next, you have firey breath. It's another dot you'd want to apply at the beginning of each battle along with wall of elements.

Use standard of might as your ultimate and you're going to wreck a lot of things. =)

Also, typically crushing shock on destro is a more powerful main dps move than lava whip (unless you main dual wield), since you can wieve in a light/medium/heavy attack more easily.

Cons: magicka dk lacks mobility and a proper execute. I found myself always being the last to the fight in dungeons. No real gap closer (unless you consider chains good). Nothing to really enhance your speed (like the bow skill). Not having an execute makes Stam dks, templars, sorcs, and nightmades more "essential" to dps than dks. But this is more a problem in end game content like trials or the dlc dungeons.

Lastly, for magicka dk builds the other weapon is usually either Resto staff (for healing ward) or dual wield (which usually involves relying more on your dk skills rather than destro staff). I prefer destro.
  • Shader_Shibes
    Shader_Shibes
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pandorii wrote: »
    It looks like you're heading towards the magicka dk life. I just want to start by saying that the magicka dk class is the number one most forgotten class overall in terms of performance in PvP and PvE (PvP being the worst of the two). I've played it though, and it's a lot of fun. I care more about fun than FOTM and BIS. What makes magicka dk super fun to dps with is the DOT damage. I strongly recommend using wall of elements on your destro staff. It's super fun and super powerful. Another awesome skill is choking talons. It's super helpful for the party in trash mob pulls in dungeons. By locking them into place, it protects the healer and ranged from getting hit, and it gives the tank time to taunt. Next, you have firey breath. It's another dot you'd want to apply at the beginning of each battle along with wall of elements.

Use standard of might as your ultimate and you're going to wreck a lot of things. =)

Also, typically crushing shock on destro is a more powerful main dps move than lava whip (unless you main dual wield), since you can wieve in a light/medium/heavy attack more easily.

Cons: magicka dk lacks mobility and a proper execute. I found myself always being the last to the fight in dungeons. No real gap closer (unless you consider chains good). Nothing to really enhance your speed (like the bow skill). Not having an execute makes Stam dks, templars, sorcs, and nightmades more "essential" to dps than dks. But this is more a problem in end game content like trials or the dlc dungeons.

Lastly, for magicka dk builds the other weapon is usually either Resto staff (for healing ward) or dual wield (which usually involves relying more on your dk skills rather than destro staff). I prefer destro.

What?
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    I run a similar build, I have all my points into Magicka and works great. You can always use food to increase HP, and DK has a lot of skills that regenerate HP.

Burning Embers, Flame Lash, Dragon's Blood (any morph), and Draw Essence (also restores Magicka) all restore HP.
    Not to mention Obsidian Shield (any morph) provides a shield for you and your allies.
    Lastly, you always have Magma Armor (any morph) for those "oh crap" moments.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • Tarukmockto
    Tarukmockto
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I switched my Silver Shards out for Burning Embers this weekend. Wow what a difference. I can hammer all day with BE and never even hit half way on my Magicka. Health is a little squishy, but I think a little more tinkering and I can make that much better too.
    NA - DC - DK - PC
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice everyone. I switched my Silver Shards out for Burning Embers this weekend. Wow what a difference. I can hammer all day with BE and never even hit half way on my Magicka. Health is a little squishy, but I think a little more tinkering and I can make that much better too.

Glad everything worked out for you mate!
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS