The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Doom Wolf mount

MathCore666
MathCore666
Soul Shriven
I thought it would have some cool animations as Dro-m'Athra senche has.
But it costs less :)
What was your expectations, guys?
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    Mine were met. Reasonable cost and looks great. The voice is a bit odd, but I think they wanted there to be a supernatural type of sound to him, so it's understandable.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Loving it. Wanted a wolf mount for my bosmer(kind of an Elfquest thing if anyone's old enough to remember the comic) and waited for a black one. The red eyes are cool but I wanted the dark fur most.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Price?
    Ps4 - PSN:jdmaya
    Dårth Måul (AD- Dunmer Mag DK) Legate
    Latest Vid:https://youtu.be/WZp_IdyrL6Q
  • Van_0S
    Van_0S
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Lumenn wrote: »
    Loving it. Wanted a wolf mount for my bosmer(kind of an Elfquest thing if anyone's old enough to remember the comic) and waited for a black one. The red eyes are cool but I wanted the dark fur most.

I want the red and white wolf mount.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Van_0S wrote: »

Waiting for the white one too :)
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:
    Command: Do the thing.

Zadarri, Khajiit Fist of Thalmor: The thing was done, as commanded.
    Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Tegwen, Bosmer troublemaker: You can't prove I didn't do the thing.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Price?

• Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Moglijuana wrote: »
    Price?

Thanks!
  • Lumenn
    Lumenn
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Np
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'd have preferred it without the red eyes, but I figure we won't get another chance at a black wolf so bought it anyways.
  • Moglijuana
    Moglijuana
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sporvan wrote: »
    I'd have preferred it without the red eyes, but I figure we won't get another chance at a black wolf so bought it anyways.

same. this will most likely be the last thing I purchase from ESO. I unsubscribed today 0_0.
  • Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

Same here. Did it take this long for the Polar bear mount to be released after Wrothgar dropped?
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • Chalinal
    Chalinal
    ✭✭✭
    Hello all,

I was expecting the Doom Wolf mount to have the red glowing eyes, but not the black shadowey stuff coming off the top of the red glowing eyes, making it look like the Doom Wolf has eyelashes. I think the wolf would look much better with just the red glowing eyes; the "eyelashes" take away from the cool, dark, evil wolf look that I think was the intention.

Am I the only one that thinks the black shadowey effect should be removed and/or takes away from the Doom Wolf's appearance?
    • @Chalinal
    • PC - NA
    • Guildmaster of <Tamriel Emporium> crafting guild
    • J'Kharj - magicka Nightblade
    • Master Crafter in all professions with 9 traits and all styles
    • Furniture Crafting: Only missing a couple recipes
  • MockingCat
    MockingCat
    ✭✭
    LOL the howl, or can you even call it a howl? XD I was expecting something.... well ferocious
    not a sound that makes it sound like its going to kill over or its having breathing issues.
    I think the Doom Wolf should see a vet.

I kinda like the eyes but over all the mount is not for me, my senche looks better. The sounds needs to be fixed so it dousnt sound like its dieing lol XD
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The shadowy stuff on the eyes once you see it you can't unsee it! Please get rid of it and the mad cow's disease howl.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I like the howl and the eye smoke :(

Overall very happy with it, perfect mount for an assassin character
    *Special Snowflake*

• Elfbait
    Elfbait
    ✭✭✭
    I wanted to like this mount, but it's so edgy teenager-ish. Cute model though.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Ourorboros wrote: »

Same here. Did it take this long for the Polar bear mount to be released after Wrothgar dropped?

It was released a little over a month after it, in December. The Black Bear showed up mid-late February.

I hope the Ice Wolf is released on the next two months. It will be perfect for my Nord.
    Just so that everyone knows, my Altmer still can't have black hair. About a dozen of Altmer NPCs in the game have black hair. Just saying.

Meet my characters:

Durza gra-Maghul, Orc blacksmith: The thing was done perfectly, in the most efficient way.
    Sings-Many-Songs, Argonian fisher: Sure, I'll do the thing... Eventually. Maybe.
    Aerindel, Altmer stormcaller: After extensive research, I've come to the conclusion that doing the thing would be a waste of resources.
    Liliel, Dunmer pyromancer: Aerindel said I shouldn't do the thing. Something about "resources".
    Gyda Snowcaller, Nord cryomancer: I will find a way to do it that won't waste resources and make Aerindel proud of me.
    Beatrice Leoriane, Breton vampire: I persuaded someone else into doing the thing. You are welcome, dear.
    Sahima, Redguard performer: Doing the thing sounds awfully unpleasant and really not my problem.
    Ellaria Valerius, Imperial priestess: I'll pray to the Eight for the thing to be done, if it is Their will.
  • jim.chronous_ESO
    jim.chronous_ESO
    Soul Shriven
    Love the Doom Wolf a very menacing mount. But please find a better howl for the wolf mounts, the current one just doesn't work.
  • Phoenix_Frost
    Phoenix_Frost
    Soul Shriven
    I really really REALLY wanted to like this mount... as I really was looking forward to a dark(er), more sinister wolf mount.

But, I am SO incredible disappointed!!! :(

The red glowing eyes looks silly, weird and unnatural... not unnatural in an "otherworldly cool" kinda way, but unnatural in an "this looks like [Snip]" kinda way. Almost like the devs didn't bother to make it look like evil glowing eyes and just put in some half-[Snip] solution to "glowing eyes" with one-single-red-tone-way-too-glowing red hue... also the fur looks like it's plastic, all one-tone-shiny-black (seriously, it looks like some [Snip] from a game from the 90's!?).

And the weird black "smokey" effect... RNGeesus don't get me started on that (oh please do!)... It looks like silly ugly eyelashes, as if the "ever so evil dark mount" is a little pretty-girl she-wolf (who couldn't even put on her fake eyelashes correctly!). Every time I look at it I'm almost expecting it to poof into a dark mist and then emerge with a little black dress on xD
    AND the "howl"??? What IS that sound?? It sounds like SHE's dying and/or giving birth to a mountain troll and hating every second of being a girly fabulous-eyed Donna Doom Wolf!!??
    (P.S. embrace it girl, it's the wonder of womanhood... I can understand her hate for the fake eyelashes tho').

Furthermore, I don't think it is needed to have a Dark Brotherhood hand-logo. For people who want to use the wolf mount in general it loses a bit immersion. But then again, I understand that it is connected to DB DLC and people who RP in this way, so that's a subjective point (and yes admittedly, so is all the rest).

Anyway, enough hate on (the failed) Donna Doom Wolf ;)

I wish/hope the devs will fix it...
    Let's say if 80% people also thinks it needs fixing = fix.
    If 20% people think it's fine = let Donna stay fabulously frightening.

SOLUTION, A:
    1). The eyelashes really needs to disappear!
    2). The eyes could be more like the normal wolf eyes, but in a much darker red tone.
    3). The howl... please just end her misery! (re-make that howl for heavens sake).
    4). The fur could need some re-texturing. The shiny all black makes it look like a plastic toy. Throw some dark charcoal grey/black in there.
    5). DB hand logo, not sure. I'm 55/45 on remove/keeping (not a deal breaker like the rest).

SOLUTION, B:
    Make another more generalized dark wolf mount.
    1). NO special effects, just pure dark wolf!
    2). Normal wolf eyes (maybe in a darker more red color tone).
    3). Standard howl
    4). Fur: Dark charcoal grey/black + deep cold brown.
    5). No logos, nothing special, just darker wolf.

SOLUTION, C (A+B):
    Or heck... do both and people will be happy with Doom Wolf and there will be extra crowns spent on another cool mount :)

(Oh, and please get working on the general lag in the game)
    I wish you the best Zenimax (and Bethesda) and I do my best to support your continued effort in running a great game.
    I truly hope you will work on improvements (in general), so players will have a better experience playing the game and would want to spend more time and money with it.
    -Phoenix

[Edit to remove profanity]
    Edited by [Deleted User] on July 26, 2016 11:59PM
  • Averya_Teira
    Averya_Teira
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The mount sounds like a cow being tortured.....
  • Icy_Waffles
    Icy_Waffles
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If they fixed the sound of the howl I would be alright with it.
  • Gargath
    Gargath
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Looks a bit scary, but I like the howl and overall "heavy" look - they made a really good mount.
    The glowing eyes are cool btw, reminds me the Skyrim's horse :).

cienistogrzywy-show.jpg
    Edited by Gargath on July 24, 2016 8:24AM
    PC EU (PL): 14 characters. ESO player since 06.08.2015. Farkas finest quote: "Some people don't think I'm smart. Those people get my fist. But you, I like."
  • PS4_ZeColmeia
    PS4_ZeColmeia
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They need some luminosity (could just be faked with textures) to make the red eyes look like they are glowing, remove the eye lashes, and I agree they need just a few other colors mixed in to make it look less plastic like my male lion that is never going to be rode on again.
    PSN: ***___Chan (3 _s)
    Hybrid, All-Role NB
  • Preyfar
    Preyfar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They need some luminosity (could just be faked with textures) to make the red eyes look like they are glowing, remove the eye lashes, and I agree they need just a few other colors mixed in to make it look less plastic like my male lion that is never going to be rode on again.
    The smokey plumes just need to go up a bit higher (so it looks like it's trailing into the sky a bit). The only real issue is they're too short. As for the glow, it's too far out in front of the eyes. If they moved the glow back a bit into the wolf's skull it'd look a lot better.
  • Stravokov
    Stravokov
    ✭✭✭✭
    Wish I didn't miss the sale for it :(
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I was a bit sceptical when I first saw it, but I've really come to love it. It goes really well with my dyed Plague doctor costume, glad I got both of these before they were taken off the store.

28571444440_643bb20edf_o.png

Actually, come to think of it. Elder Scrolls: I Arena had these big black wolves with glowing eyes called Hell Hounds

ArenaHellHound.gif

"These canines are actually from the nether planes, usually summoned by some powerful being to perform a service. They attack with their powerful jaws, or with a fire breath that burns their intended victims. They are resistant to fire-based spells."

I remember fighting these when doing a playtrough of the game a few years back, so if we assume that this is the same species, I would say the Doom Wolf is totally in line with the lore. Arena also had giant ice wolves with glowing blue eyes.
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on August 8, 2016 8:56PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just came back to the game... these types of mounts only get sold once? Or, do they come back several months down the line?
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ScardyFox wrote: »
    Just came back to the game... these types of mounts only get sold once? Or, do they come back several months down the line?

So far, only three limited time mounts came back - and the reasoning was that they were offered before Console Release, so they came back for the people on Consoles to have a chance to grab them.

Other than that, nothing that was removed from the Crown Store was offered again, so far.

Meet my characters:

• ScardyFox
    ScardyFox
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

So far, only three limited time mounts came back - and the reasoning was that they were offered before Console Release, so they came back for the people on Consoles to have a chance to grab them.

Other than that, nothing that was removed from the Crown Store was offered again, so far.

Bit gut-wrenching but thanks for the answer.
  • Abeille
    Abeille
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Abeille wrote: »

Bit gut-wrenching but thanks for the answer.

Yeah I know, I wish I could have said something different :(

I still hope that they start cycling the limited time stuff eventually.

Meet my characters: