Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts

Guild Store Sales - Option to have some gold deposited directly into the Guild Bank from each sale.

Robbmrp
Robbmrp
✭✭✭✭✭
Lets face it, with the high guild trader bids out there these days, more and more guilds are requiring a sales limit, donation or otherwise(raffle) to get gold for bids.

It's our gold to do with as we see fit so lets make it easier to contribute to our guilds. I don't want to spend time going into each guild bank and making a deposit, or emailing x amount of people for tickets, or having to keep track of my sales. I want to be able to just open the mail and receive my gold and that's it.

Why not let the players themselves decide if a portion of our Guild Sales should be deposited into the Guild Bank from each sale. This could easily be added into the Selling Page for any sales listed. This would allow players to send parts of their sales directly to the guild bank. No more having to deposit gold into the guild bank, selling $x amount of items or buying tickets(if you don't want to be bothered). If you don't want more than the normal tax sent to the guild, that's fine, you don't need to do anything as all options below are defaulted to "Opted Out."

A few ways this could be done are below.

Option 1: On each item you sell, there is a field listed that asks what % of the final sale you would like to go directly to the guild. This value would always be defaulted to 0 with a range of 0-100.

Option 2: Two fields would be added, one for a %(range 0-99) on the amount to be sent to the guild and another field with a max gold sent amount. So say you want to send 33% of your guild sales to the guild until you've sent 20,000 gold. Then all other sales over that go straight to you. Both fields would default to 0.

Option 3: Flat amount of sale. For those who don't like to calculate things, you could enter in a flat amount to be deposited from each sale. This value would always be defaulted to 0 and have a range from 0-999,999.00.

When items are sold, the designated % value is automatically deposited into the Guild Bank. This should show up on Guild deposits as well.

What do you all think?
NA Server - Kildair
  • Amsel_McKay
    Amsel_McKay
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Any feature added to guilds would be nice, but this seems to be something I would put way down the list of things to work on. I mean on PC we have addons and I cant imagine how hard it is to search on Xbox or PS4 without addons, I wish they would look at MMerchant and other Guild store search tools and add those features to the core game
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The only issue I see is this could become a requirement to be in the trade guild. On the surface, this does not sound so bad, but the reality is, all it would do is raise the costs of getting a kiosk, because of inflation related to an increased money supply. Then those who do not have a tax requirement will have to implement one, resulting in costs going up even more.

At least now, with most guilds, the donations and raffles are optional, so there by curbing the gold inflow, which keeps Kiosk Pricing at a more reasonable rate.

When people post that we need more gold sinks, I just think about how much Gold the Kiosk process takes out of the game.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Nestor The guilds I am in on PC -NA do have either a sales requirement or other method which is fine. I don't mind contributing to them at all. I would just like an easier and less thought required process. With this setup, I could easily set an amount from each sale to go directly to the guild.

As far as increasing kiosk costs, that's already being done as both of the guilds I am in are having to relocate their weekly trader due to extremely high bids in high volume areas.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks for reminding me that i haven't donated to my guilds this week, gotta do that tonight!
    thumb3d.gif
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    Thanks for reminding me that i haven't donated to my guilds this week, gotta do that tonight!
    thumb3d.gif

@SirAndy Now if we had something like this on the Selling page, you wouldn't have forgotten! :D
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Robbmrp wrote: »
    @Nestor The guilds I am in on PC -NA do have either a sales requirement or other method which is fine. I don't mind contributing to them at all. I would just like an easier and less thought required process. With this setup, I could easily set an amount from each sale to go directly to the guild.

As far as increasing kiosk costs, that's already being done as both of the guilds I am in are having to relocate their weekly trader due to extremely high bids in high volume areas.

I understand Sales Requirements and Raffles, but if the guild I am in makes a donation or raffle a requirement, I will be looking for another trading guild. I think these mega trading guilds that we have now are just going to create a situation that is going to pull the rug out from under them. I don't see how a guild can maintain the bid levels they do just from the taxes on the sales. I know that most Guilds subsidize to an extent the Guild Trader as a benefit for the members, and to that end, do rely on donations from members to keep the bids going. But I also know that not everyone in a guild will donate (I would be surprised if its more than 10% of the members in most guilds) so in essence, those making the donations are carrying some of the subsidy.

I say let the mega traders have those locations at their higher prices. But, then we run into the Aspen or Jackson situation where the Billionaires are pushing out the Millionaires so that second tier guilds start having to bid more and more to maintain the space.

I think ZOS should just come in and double the number of Kiosks for Trading Guilds, that would do more to reduce the insane bids that are needed than anything else. No need to overhaul the system, just plop some more traders in the game and have at it. Increase the number Kiosks at the rural locations more so than in the main trading centers to incentivize people to go shopping there.

• Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

I understand Sales Requirements and Raffles, but if the guild I am in makes a donation or raffle a requirement, I will be looking for another trading guild. I think these mega trading guilds that we have now are just going to create a situation that is going to pull the rug out from under them. I don't see how a guild can maintain the bid levels they do just from the taxes on the sales. I know that most Guilds subsidize to an extent the Guild Trader as a benefit for the members, and to that end, do rely on donations from members to keep the bids going. But I also know that not everyone in a guild will donate (I would be surprised if its more than 10% of the members in most guilds) so in essence, those making the donations are carrying some of the subsidy.

I say let the mega traders have those locations at their higher prices. But, then we run into the Aspen or Jackson situation where the Billionaires are pushing out the Millionaires so that second tier guilds start having to bid more and more to maintain the space.

I think ZOS should just come in and double the number of Kiosks for Trading Guilds, that would do more to reduce the insane bids that are needed than anything else. No need to overhaul the system, just plop some more traders in the game and have at it. Increase the number Kiosks at the rural locations more so than in the main trading centers to incentivize people to go shopping there.

@Nestor that's a great idea to take care of the extremely high kiosk bids. I would still like an easier way to donate to the guild that has less actions required on my part though. This would be a very simple fix to that. By being able to designate a value or % of gold from each sale to deposit directly into the bank. The time required for this would be seconds and once I list my item I'm done with it. Once it sells, we both get our gold.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A mechanism that makes it easier to donate would help. I just get vewwy scared when I am facing a slippery slope of good intentions.....
    Edited by Nestor on July 20, 2016 2:27PM

• idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who does a little extra to help my trading guild I would not want the option the OP is asking for. It takes little effort to donate through a banker if so desired. So little effort it's almost an after thought.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    As someone who does a little extra to help my trading guild I would not want the option the OP is asking for. It takes little effort to donate through a banker if so desired. So little effort it's almost an after thought.

@Giles.floydub17_ESO having multiple options to contribute to the guild would never be a bad thing. Since all values would default to 0, those that don't want to use this function wouldn't need to do anything. They can continue doing what ever they like. This would at least give people a different option if they don't like to buy tickets, or deposit into guild banks or what ever.

With this on there, it takes out the weekly thought for me "have I donated to this or that guild this week?". It's like the Ronco Rotissirie.... I set it and forget it.......
    NA Server - Kildair
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

@Giles.floydub17_ESO having multiple options to contribute to the guild would never be a bad thing. Since all values would default to 0, those that don't want to use this function wouldn't need to do anything. They can continue doing what ever they like. This would at least give people a different option if they don't like to buy tickets, or deposit into guild banks or what ever.

With this on there, it takes out the weekly thought for me "have I donated to this or that guild this week?". It's like the Ronco Rotissirie.... I set it and forget it.......

There are about a thousand things more important than this.

Additionally if they did add this it should default to zero for each sale posted requiring the user to reset everything for each listing which would also make it cumbersome but would prevent accidents.

So, basically on par with the lowest priorities in the game.
  • Robbmrp
    Robbmrp
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There are about a thousand things more important than this.

Additionally if they did add this it should default to zero for each sale posted requiring the user to reset everything for each listing which would also make it cumbersome but would prevent accidents.

So, basically on par with the lowest priorities in the game.

Of course. There's so much more that need to be fixed before something like this should be done. The problem is, it won't be.
    NA Server - Kildair
  • BenevolentBowd
    BenevolentBowd
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    My thoughts about Traders
    • fees serve that greater good by taking a lot of money out of the economy but divides the cost over many people
    • supply and demand set the trader prices
    • guilds are paying for securing a (specific) trader for the week, paying a premium for high traffic areas located near a wayshrine, bank, and/or respec shrine
    • the tiered marketplaces gives opportunities for bargain-hunters and encourages travel to areas with lower populations
    • the guild gold bank and bidding info should be hidden from general members (optional) before the bid deadline or if a bid has been submitted but revealed after for transparency to the members
    At one point I was in favour of adding more traders, but it's pretty tedious as it is now shopping around for the best price hoping the lowest price items is still there after you have made your rotation.

A few of ideas that come to mind are would be relatively easy to implement but may be constrained by memory issues. I'm not recommending all be implemented but offering possibilities to allow guilds to generate more revenue.
    • increase the number of items that can be listed, perhaps limiting this benefit to strategic towns like traders in capital cities.
    • increase the number of guild members
    • add a field to the guild list that shows officers how many of the max number of trade listing have been used by members to allow guilds to set sales and/or buy quotas and flag poor performers
    • allow guilds to set own sales taxes (up to a max limit), but indicate on the guild invite what the current guild tax is.
    • allow guilds to keep keep some/all of the game "fees / commissions" on sales generated at Cyrodiil vendors to encourage guilds to claim and maintain ownership of places in Cyrodiil
    • give winners of the cyrodiil leaderboards a bonus number of sales slots to the guilds they lead (or a member of) for the following week.
    Edited by BenevolentBowd on July 20, 2016 8:20PM
    Megaservers: PC NA (sometimes) / EU (sometimes) Xbox NA (mostly)
    Luxury Furniture Gallery [PC/NA]: Moon-Sugar Meadow
    Website:BenevolentBowd.ca, "Shared My Notes With the World to Help Others"
    ESO Calendarmancer - Retired
    #TeamStackableTreasureMaps