Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Question on Weapon Types

Hawco10
Hawco10
✭✭✭✭
Hi guys,
Is the 2 handed axe more powerful than the two handed axe? I currently use a blue 2 handed sword and thinking about getting the axe instead and then upgrading it. Thing is, I know all the stuff needs to upgrade the axe would not be cheap and so just trying to find out if the axe would be a better option before I go out and spend the gold.
Thanks!
  • Curtdogg47
    Curtdogg47
    ✭✭✭✭
    If I remember correctly Axes have the chance to bleed for additional damage. And swords have I think %5 higher damage . I maybe wrong as I am away from the game and cant check.
    I used a two handed sword and recently switched to a two hand axe. But I will probably go back to the sword as I don't feel like the bleed damage is worth it for me personally. It could depend on the type of build you run, and you may find the bleed damage very valuable. I changed more for the look of the axe and to try something new.
    Edited by Curtdogg47 on July 19, 2016 2:37PM
  • The_Old_Goat
    The_Old_Goat
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    If you look at the passive attributes in the 2 handed tree, you'll see the benefits of each weapon(axe,maul,sword,etc.).
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Like all things, if your build and playstyle can benefit, or rather, leverage, the passives, then that is the better weapon.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Sharpened 2h Maul is the best choice.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    What class, what other sets, etc? If you're a Stamina Dragonknight who's also running Valkyn Skoria, then go Axe since the bleed is another opportunity to proc your set. Not sure what other instances you might want an Axe... possibly for Implosion proc off of physical damage on Stamina Sorcerer?

In any case, it's a bit difficult to advise on this without knowing the details. :)
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    WHILE DUAL WIELDING
    Grants a bonus based on type of weapon equipped:
    Each axe gives your melee attacks a 4% chance to bleed enemies for [x] Physical Damage over 6 seconds.
    Each mace causes your attacks to ignore 5% of an enemy's Physical Resistance.
    Each sword increases your damage done by 1.5%.
    Each dagger increases your Weapon Critical rating. (by 2%)
    Dual Wield Rank 41
    --
    --
    --
    Rank II
    WHILE DUAL WIELDING
    Grants a bonus based on type of weapon equipped:
    Each axe gives your melee attacks a 8% chance to bleed enemies for [x] Physical Damage over 6 seconds.
    Each mace causes your attacks to ignore 10% of an enemy's Physical Resistance.
    Each sword increases your damage done by 2.5%.
    Each dagger increases your Weapon Critical rating. (by 5%)

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)