Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Does it matter what type of weapon I use with my shield?

NoRagret
NoRagret
✭✭✭
I saw in my skill window that two-handed gives a passive named Heavy Weapons Expert but One hand and Shield doesn't, does it just come down to which weapon looks better?
  • Brightxdawn
    Brightxdawn
    ✭✭✭
    No comes down to what skills you want to use. 2h has different abilities than a sword board does. It's up to you.
  • NoRagret
    NoRagret
    ✭✭✭
    No comes down to what skills you want to use. 2h has different abilities than a sword board does. It's up to you.
    Yeah I know that but what I meant was what difference does it make if I use Sword+Shield, Axe+Shield or Mace+Shield?
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nope, no difference at all.
  • NoRagret
    NoRagret
    ✭✭✭
    DannyLV702 wrote: »
    Nope, no difference at all.

Thanks
  • Sharee
    Sharee
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No difference, but i would still choose the weapon depending on the bonus it gives when dual wielding - just in case you decide to give DW a try later.

For example, if you are a magicka character, use a sword with the shield, not an axe, since if you later switch to DW, you'll be stuck with a gold axe that causes physical bleed, instead of a bonus to all damage(including magical) that a sword gives.