The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

*Edited* suspicious AP farming BwB EU

Czirne
Czirne
✭✭✭✭
Previous post was closed for "naming-shaming" allright, my bad.
"“Naming-and-shaming” is the act of creating a post to call out an individual or group by name, and making them the subject of public accusation, ridicule and/or shaming. Generally, naming-and-shaming involves an in-game situation and/or Terms of Service violation, which the ESO Community Team is unable to assist with."

-All clues show he is boting or using some external program. Problem is we as players can prove it - even when someone find him(still noone ever saw him since campaing started), all we can "video evidence" is guys repairing some towers for a few hours. ESO Community Team is only thing who can assist with this.

" If you genuinely believe someone has violated our Terms of Service, you should report them in-game via the support interface — do not bring the situation onto the official ESO community forums."
Lots of people reported him, me myself reported him several times, no response from you at all. Not evem email asking to send evidence, nothing. I asked around, thi guys is doing this for some time. This is not his 1st suspicious AP gaining in BwB. Considering reports do not work, I decided to bring this issues to forums, to finally get some answers.

I took the liberty to edit my post to be more suitable to forums:

Hello everyone,
I want to point out player everyone in bwb knows, yet noone have ever seen him. People even put bounty on his head(10k to whoever finds him).
As I understand, he logs his EP character, destroy some resources tower, and repair them to get AP, i see there is nothing illegal or exploity about that, its just a dock move with an I instead of O. He got 1 200 000 ap since campaing started, and every time a get ahead of him, he logs in and start repairing.
But here's the thing - night before last night i went sleep and 3 am, and i he had 850 000 AP, when i logged in in 7am, he had 1 003 000. I really dont believe he was awake all night just to get ahead even more. Actually, he is doing that approx 5-6 hours a day, and meanwhile he manage to get AP on his 3 ep characters. I have no prove, but i believe he is using some repair bot. Noone in right mind would spend 6 hours a day sieging and destroying tower, just to annoy people who actually play a game.

Hereby i challenge @ZOS to check their logs or whatever to find out if this guys is using some external program or not, and if so, ban him. If he is legit and do all this on his own in his free time, I'm ok with that - i would even feel sorry for him, clearly he has some issues.

PS: i know i may sound like some angry crying baby, but... i think what is he doing is dishonorable and if he's boting, it should not be tolerated.
Edited by Czirne on July 18, 2016 4:30PM
I believe in lagless Cyrodiil!
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All I took from this was: "if you can't beat them, try and get them banned"
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Well sorry, but if some guy repairing tower all night to get ahaed of everyone, and every time you catch up to him he starts do it again, whan am i suppose to do? repair towers too? That seems like exploiting game mechanic to me, if you gain more AP by destroing tower and repair it, destroy, repair etc. etc. than pvping and playing the game.
    I would not say a world if anyone ever saw him in cyrodiil, if he actually was playing the game and compete with rest of us fairly. But that is not the case. Even players from EP and AD never saw him, and "veterans" of BwB talking about him as a "cheater" with external program.
    as you can see, I wanna this to be look at, and ban him only he is truly exploiting.
    Edited by Czirne on July 18, 2016 1:31PM
  • AmmonErebos
    AmmonErebos
    ✭✭✭
    you don't need to siege resource towers as they will degrade over time... and it is very easy to get AP through that method, he could also be repairing keep walls and such which often degrade as well...

furthermore he may not even be on same timezone as you... so him jumping that much AP when u are asleep isn't anything special...

your accusations of AP farming is sketchy at best... it is only against the game rules if he is sieging then repairing... so you are running on assumptions here. I've seen same happen in BWB NA.. someone got the same accusations against them... yet if people actually looked they could see what he was actually doing and nothing was wrong with it.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    you don't need to siege resource towers as they will degrade over time... and it is very easy to get AP through that method, he could also be repairing keep walls and such which often degrade as well...

furthermore he may not even be on same timezone as you... so him jumping that much AP when u are asleep isn't anything special...

your accusations of AP farming is sketchy at best... it is only against the game rules if he is sieging then repairing... so you are running on assumptions here. I've seen same happen in BWB NA.. someone got the same accusations against them... yet if people actually looked they could see what he was actually doing and nothing was wrong with it.

I know he can repair walls because they decay over time, thats because we watch all castles and repair it all when it decays. we know he is not reparing castles. Thats why there is bounty on his head, if anyone see him and tell, he gets paid - so far nothing. If he was repairing castles, first of all it will be repired, whitch is not, until we repair it, and someone would see him and collect bounty.
    and about time zone, i paly on EU, so it could be +2hour/-1hour.
    Here is more evidence about him destroying towers and repairing, he has 2 accoutns, and 3 characters in EP leaderboars, propably he can prepare 2 more towers meanwhile one is repairing.

I know i speculate, thats why i made this thread - reports did nothing so far, and i want ZOS to look at this case and tell. If he is legit, im ok with it - Spending 6 hours a day pressing Q over and over again to earn 250k AP is punishment enought.
    Edited by Czirne on July 18, 2016 1:44PM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Repairing walls is a valid AP farming technique (the question of whether or not it should be is a different argument altogether) and isn't considered an exploit under the current system.

If he's logging in on alts to enhance that then whilst it is a different and sly way of gaining AP (probably also inefficient), again, I don't see how that's an exploit.

If he's using some botting program/software to have main and/or alts simultaneously logged in so he can constantly repair walls then yeah, that's an exploit. However, as you said, that's not the case.

Maybe this person just knows he/she isn't not good at PvP and isn't liked (as you alluded to) so doesn't have a group to support him/her get AP so he/she is using the best method available?

Mass reporting someone without any evidence to back up your claim of exploiting/cheating is a terrible way to go about things and yes, does make you seem like an "angry crying baby".
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Repairing walls is a valid AP farming technique (the question of whether or not it should be is a different argument altogether) and isn't considered an exploit under the current system.

If he's logging in on alts to enhance that then whilst it is a different and sly way of gaining AP (probably also inefficient), again, I don't see how that's an exploit.

If he's using some botting program/software to have main and/or alts simultaneously logged in so he can constantly repair walls then yeah, that's an exploit. However, as you said, that's not the case.

Maybe this person just knows he/she isn't not good at PvP and isn't liked (as you alluded to) so doesn't have a group to support him/her get AP so he/she is using the best method available?

Mass reporting someone without any evidence to back up your claim of exploiting/cheating is a terrible way to go about things and yes, does make you seem like an "angry crying baby".

You put some good arguments, but you missing my point. That guys is appearently doing this every other week, every time in different aliance. Its not like "he is not good at pvp and he wanna win leaderboards"(some people says they know him and he has milions AP from vet so he can buy stones for that and rep, but i dont know that for sure so i did not mention it), he is doing it to annoy people. Seriously, every time anyone comes close to him, he logs in a starts doing that. no matter what time is it, sometimes its 2 hours morning, sometimes afternoon, last time it was night/early morning. He is doing that on purpose to scum people who are actually trying.
    He is earning points on his EP characters, propably playing them on his other account, but in moment anyone catches up, DC character start earning point like 50-60k per hour.
    I find it hard to believe he spend that amount of time a day sieging resources tower and repairing them to prevend DC get emp instead of actually plaing the game. That is why we(namely all DC, EP and AD in BwB) suspect him of boting, and thats why we wanna ZOS to look at it.
    Edited by Czirne on July 18, 2016 2:03PM
  • Sunburnt_Penguin
    Sunburnt_Penguin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Czirne wrote: »

You put some good arguments, but you missing my point. That guys is appearently doing this every other week, every time in different aliance. Its not like "he is not good at pvp and he wanna win leaderboards"(some people says they know him and he has milions AP from vet so he can buy stones for that and rep, but i dont know that for sure so i did not mention it), he is doing it to annoy people. Seriously, every time anyone comes close to him, he logs in a starts doing that. no matter what time is it, sometimes its 2 hours morning, sometimes afternoon, last time it was night/early morning. He is doing that on purpose to scum people who are actually trying.
    He is earning points on his EP characters, propably playing them on his other account, but in moment anyone catches up, DC character start earning point like 50-60k per hour.
    I find it hard to believe he spend that amount of time a day sieging resources tower and repairing them to prevend DC get emp instead of actually plaing the game. That is why we(namely all DC, EP and AD in BwB) suspect him of boting, and thats why we wanna ZOS to look at it.

It doesn't matter how often, where or for which Alliance he's doing it for.. You can't ban someone if they're not breaking the rules.

I don't believe for a second that someone would bot and risk getting an account banned just to "scum people". If you're on PS4/EU then PM me his name to see if I know him.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    Sadly im on PC EU.
    I did not believe it either, first few days. Then i learned he has 2 accounts, and i noticed every time i did catch up with him he came and earned lots of ap to created gap between 1st and 2nd place.
    There is no need to ban tho, easy fix came to my mind, game needs daily diminishing return on repairing. 1000 stones full AP, next 100 half of it, next 1000 stone half that half - easy solution. BwB is for 7 days, current campaing has 1 day, 13 hours, 50 minutes to end. He earned over 1 400 000 ap in 5 days and 11 hours just by repairing. This should not be game feature.
    https://postimg.org/image/rfdh9au69/
    Edited by Czirne on July 18, 2016 2:23PM
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC NA, so I can't speak to this guy in particular, BUT:

I made 1.4 million in the first 4 days of the most recent BWB campaign (2 mill in first 5.5, but last day and a half I was emp so that's different). Only about 100k of it was from wall repairs. I have the week off work, my wife was out of town, so I played 20+ hours a day for the first 3 days.

I wasn't tower farming (much), or repair farming, mainly just playing. It IS possible, but I got lots of accusations of cheating from my own alliance members. Somebody even put a bounty out on "Deadly sightings," too, despite my being at every major keep defense that day.

Honestly my rate of AP gain was kinda garbage, I just played a ton.

Again, I don't know who you are referring too, but without really clear proof I recommend caution in letting accusations fly. Is there proof that both accounts are the same guy? And if he is leaderboarding 2 or more factions, do you just never Emp him?
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭
    I'm on PC NA, so I can't speak to this guy in particular, BUT:

I made 1.4 million in the first 4 days of the most recent BWB campaign (2 mill in first 5.5, but last day and a half I was emp so that's different). Only about 100k of it was from wall repairs. I have the week off work, my wife was out of town, so I played 20+ hours a day for the first 3 days.

I wasn't tower farming (much), or repair farming, mainly just playing. It IS possible, but I got lots of accusations of cheating from my own alliance members. Somebody even put a bounty out on "Deadly sightings," too, despite my being at every major keep defense that day.

Honestly my rate of AP gain was kinda garbage, I just played a ton.

Again, I don't know who you are referring too, but without really clear proof I recommend caution in letting accusations fly. Is there proof that both accounts are the same guy? And if he is leaderboarding 2 or more factions, do you just never Emp him?

I made 1,1 mil myself, i know its possible. But noone ever saw that guy, he does not participate in any battle. And there is prove, other account is same name, only one number more. If that guys was running around cyrodil and everone saw him, i would make it a big deal. But he is like a phantom - he never speaks, he is hidden god know where, seriously, im not kidding, i asked that guy who put bounty on his head if anyone saw him and colected that bounty. noone saw him. thats the point, its drity AP. :disappointed:
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    850k to 1mil ap over one night is bad.

Just sayin' :p
    EU | PC
  • SleepyTroll
    SleepyTroll
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Master_Kas that's bad as in that's not a lot or that's bad because that's way to much?
    If it's b3cuase that's not a lot well then if you could make 1mil ap a night you should hit rank 50 in under 3 months. Even half that would be 6 months. Feel like we would have more 50's running around if that were the case.
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think he's saying that making 150k AP overnight isn't very impressive.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    @Master_Kas that's bad as in that's not a lot or that's bad because that's way to much?
    If it's b3cuase that's not a lot well then if you could make 1mil ap a night you should hit rank 50 in under 3 months. Even half that would be 6 months. Feel like we would have more 50's running around if that were the case.

Last cycle on Trueflame PC EU me and @Nafirian made a bit over 1 mil ap the first day.

Meaning 150k in one night isn't alot ^^ my bad for not explaining.
    Edited by Master_Kas on July 19, 2016 6:11PM
    EU | PC
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Master_Kas wrote: »

Last cycle on Trueflame PC EU me and @Nafirian made a bit over 1 mil ap the first day.

Aaaah i miss my emp then good times so much *** happend.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Nafirian wrote: »

Like the entire EP pop at arrius mine? :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • DeadlyRecluse
    DeadlyRecluse
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, AP gain in BWB (at least in NA) can't really be compared to the potential AP gain in TF.

150k in one night isn't terribly suspicious even in BWB, but I don't know of anyone pulling 1 mill in a day there.
    Thrice Empress, Forever Scrub
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭

And they got wiped by the rain of meteors? MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMM
  • Berserkur
    Berserkur
    ✭✭✭

Hmmm...2. Guys and a rain of Meteors? Sound's like something is wrong with your engines.
  •  Czirne
    Czirne
    ✭✭✭✭

To be fair, AP gain in BWB (at least in NA) can't really be compared to the potential AP gain in TF.

150k in one night isn't terribly suspicious even in BWB, but I don't know of anyone pulling 1 mill in a day there.

Amount of AP is not suspicious - me myself earned 1,3 mill in 5 days there in BwB before i hit lvl 50, but everyone on that campaing knew me, everone saw me, and everyone know i am legit.
    That guy this thread is about is invisible, noone has ever seen him (bounty still uncollected), noone ever fight him, he did nothing for camaping, only destroying resources towers and repairing them again, 6+ hours a day, mostly when anyone came close to him, or catch up with him, to secure 1st spot in LB for himself.
    As i said, if he really sits infront of pc 6+ hours a day pressing Q every few seconds, there is nothing i can do but admire his patient and amount of time and afford he puts into trolling and annoying people. All i want is ZOS to check him is he boting or using some external program or not.
    Edited by Czirne on July 20, 2016 6:09AM
  • cokris
    cokris
    ✭✭

This is on BWB tho. Bit different circumstances.
    Banana Squad | KiteSquad |
    Ciara + Caíth + Cassiia + other toons starting with a C
    Faction jumper < 3
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Berserkur wrote: »

Hmmm...2. Guys and a rain of Meteors? Sound's like something is wrong with your engines.

I was emp :^)
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Shooting Star instantly restores 144 ultimate if it hits 6 targets while you're emp, if Im not mistaken. ;)
  • Nafirian
    Nafirian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »

Shooting Star instantly restores 144 ultimate if it hits 6 targets while you're emp, if Im not mistaken. ;)

+I was vicious death NB and my meteor was one shotting people pretty much so yeeeea.
  • Master_Kas
    Master_Kas
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    cokris wrote: »

This is on BWB tho. Bit different circumstances.

Yeah just pointed it out. 150k should be doable over night.

It looks like they got a Sheym in BwB :trollface:
    EU | PC
  • Valencer
    Valencer
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Valencer wrote: »

+I was vicious death NB and my meteor was one shotting people pretty much so yeeeea.

Im starting to see how that would make 1m AP in 1 day a trivial matter. :D
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    oh no, he is back dueling himself again, campaign killers ( ld) take note
  • raviour
    raviour
    ✭✭✭✭
    luci u can *** off with ur last say ***, u r biggest hypocrite in game
  • Goose_
    Goose_
    Soul Shriven
    If the powers that be could look into this that would be nice, all I can add is that the players on the EP board were about 1000 AP difference between the 3 of them which lead me to believe that somethings going on (along with all the other things) we have lots of theories but no evidence and I'm not even sure if hes doing anything wrong, but, it is true that no one has seen or heard from him all week (from all factions), other players at the top of the red and yellow board get seen/fight all the time they are always where the action is as they are not doing anything strange.

I have even been looking for him repairing walls/resources and have not seen him once even though his/her score went up a fair bit while i was looking for him.

We just have no idea whats going on and its annoying as there is no point to it all.

*edit, you get less AP on the non-vet game as there are way less people, the sieges/attacks are no where near as long/big and there aren't as many people about (compared to Azura for example) so the amounts of AP he/she is getting is quite a lot.
    Edited by Goose_ on July 20, 2016 3:17PM
  • Erondil
    Erondil
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You think someone is cheating because he made 150k AP in one night? lol
    nI8BCWB.jpg
    ETNvUeG.png
    ^without AP buff
    150k AP in one night is nothing really for a decent solo player that cares about his AP gain. Thats like... 80 kills in one night, even less if he gets ticks
    Edited by Erondil on July 21, 2016 8:37AM
    ~retired~
    EU server, former Zerg Squad and Banana Squad officer
    Dennegor NB AD, AvA 50 Grand Overlord 24/05/2016
    rekt you NB AD, AvA 32
    Erondil Sorc AD, AvA 23
    Denne the Banana Slayer NB EP, AvA 14
    Darth Dennegor lv50 Stamina NB DC, AvA 19
    Youtube Channel