The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Master Merchant Data / Removing Older Transactions

IcyDeadPeople
IcyDeadPeople
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭
Love the Master Merchant add on - it certainly seems essential for successfully trading in ESO.

Looking for any suggestions on how to either reduce the size of the stored data in saved variables or somehow make it possible to load characters with MM, despite having two separate ESO accounts and well over 200,000 transactions stored.

Started using Master Merchant about two years ago. At that time, I had a second account with 4 trading guilds, and 1 or 2 trading guilds on my main account. MM worked absolutely fine on both accounts apart from a short delay with high ping / low frame rate upon first logging in each time.

I stopped playing ESO for about 8 months and then returned. I have been participating in one trading guild on my main account with no problems for about one month. A few days ago, I joined five trading guilds with my second account, and everything still seemed to be working OK.

Today I have been unable to load any characters on my main account (ESO Error 303 Timeout), unless I disable Master Merchant. I am still able to load characters on my second account with Master Merchant enabled.

Any suggestions for what I can do to get MM running again on my main account as well? Not sure if this is relevant, but the total size of the MM files in my saved variables folder is 203MB
Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 18, 2016 4:50AM
  • FleetwoodSmack
    FleetwoodSmack
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think the only thing I could think of would be removing the MM data from the SavedVariables folder, though I'm sure the addon author would know more on resetting the data somehow. Seen you made a post over there. Anytime when I use it anymore, I crash after a half hour every hour and fourty minutes or so, like a timeout/disconnect so hopefully you find something that works. =/ Kinda miss being able to price my own stuff.
    Tell me lies, tell me sweet little lies!
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    Why not just delete the folders in /addons and reinstall the addon?

Also there is a why to clear out the old data from within /mm itself. There are two buttons, one that resets the addon and one that clears and reloads the last two weeks worth of data. Get yourself into the habit of clearing the old stuff on a weekly basis.

I hope that helps
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Why not just delete the folders in /addons and reinstall the addon?

Also there is a why to clear out the old data from within /mm itself. There are two buttons, one that resets the addon and one that clears and reloads the last two weeks worth of data. Get yourself into the habit of clearing the old stuff on a weekly basis.

I hope that helps

Great to hear - wasn't aware of a way to do this in-game. Which is the button that clears and reloads the last two weeks? I see only a "Reset" button, "Refresh" button, "Show All Info" "Show Unit Price." Within the Add-On settings menu, there is a slider to choose who many days of data to retain. It was set to 30. I tried reducing this to 15. Hopefully that might allow me to log in with MM enabled on the main account.

Just to confirm, if I "reset" or delete the folders and reinstall, it would delete all the stored transactions, but upon running it the first time it's going to search back through the past week or so to update from all the recent guild transactions?
    Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 18, 2016 9:15PM
  • IcyDeadPeople
    IcyDeadPeople
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Thanks so much for this tip - able to log in to both accounts and everything works fine now!

I logged in to the second account, opened MM menu and adjusted the Sales History Size slider from 30 days down to 15. After /reloadui, the number of stored transactions went down from 230,000 to 190,000 and the size of the MM files in the Saved Variables folder went down a little as well.

Edited by IcyDeadPeople on July 18, 2016 10:12PM
  • Slammer99uk
    Slammer99uk
    ✭✭✭
    Which is the button that clears and reloads the last two weeks? I see only a "Reset" button, "Refresh" button,

The reset is the one that clears out the older data.
    Just to confirm, if I "reset" or delete the folders and reinstall, it would delete all the stored transactions, but upon running it the first time it's going to search back through the past week or so to update from all the recent guild transactions?

That is correct. By clearing the older data out you ensure you have the most current prices listed. I am glad the suggestions helped