Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Nightblade Questions

FloppyFrank
FloppyFrank
✭✭✭
So I'm about to get my first alt to fifty, and I was wondering how is nightblade tanking and healing? My char is an argonian, and I was planning on making him a mag nb tank. So what gear and skills should I use? Also, is it viable? If not, then how is nb healing? If nb tanking doesn't work out I was planning on turning him into a healer for I almost have a full SPC set.
Xbone GT: x mech duck x
  • exeeter702
    exeeter702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Healing and tanking on all 4 of the classes in this game is absolutely viable or content. Don't let a single person try to tell you otherwise.

Nightblade tanking gets its major ward / resolve via shadow barrier passive. I see stamina nb tanks using shades to keep up shadow barrier passive, magicka sap tanks usually just opt for refreshing path.

Power extraction or sap essence for aoe pulls, shades gives you your maim debuff and for easy 4 man content siphoning attacks is good for sustain, in harder content leeching is actually not bad despite popular opinion.

Almost everything else is standard tanking stuff, like snb skill line, undaunted for ranged taunt, possibly webs etc etc.

Nightblade healing is awesome too. 5 Kags, Magnus or Julianos, 1 kena 2 torugs. SPC is better then any of the crafted options, esp for nb healer but can be hard to aquire.

Full heavy resto attack for major mending, apply Mutagen twice, lay down refreshing path and maybe springs, weave funnel health between staff attacks. Siphoning attacks with 1500 mag regen is all you will need for sustain. Sap essence and refreshing path for aoe groups. Veil of shadows is great, barrier from support skill line is good to. Slap on healing ward for oh *** moments and you are good to go.
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    Nightblade tanks are easily the best dungeon tanks in the game. Easy to heal as they have self-healing, able to self-buff Major/Minor Ward/Resolve with only class skills. Virtually unlimited resource management from Siphoning Attacks. Doooo it. They're op.
  • FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    So I decided to turn my nb into a healer, and its working pretty well. I'm running 5 pc krags, 3 willpower, 2 torugs swords, and 2 pc nightflame. Funnel health, mutagen, and refreshing path are my HOTS and healing ward and grand healing are my direct heals. With siphoning strikes I have practically 0 magicka issues. Only thing I'm wondering is what stats should I be going for? Right now buffed, I think I hit like around 33k magicka, 22k health, and maybe 2.2k spell power? cant quite remember, and around 1.3k regen with around 55% crit with the thief mundus. Also, which mundus should I use and is it worth slotting inner light for healing?
    Edited by FloppyFrank on July 19, 2016 7:54PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Anything that increases Criticals will help your healing, as you can have a Critical Heal.

Your stats are OK, although you may find you can reduce the regen because the heavy attacks with a healing staff restore magic. But, other wise you seem to be OK. The biggest issue is, can you maintain heals and resources in a Boss Fight in a Group Dungeon, particularly a Vet Dungeon Boss that takes longer to beat? If your magic pool is depeleted, it does not matter how high your spell or healing is, your at 0 HPS (Heals per Second)
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Anything that increases Criticals will help your healing, as you can have a Critical Heal.

Your stats are OK, although you may find you can reduce the regen because the heavy attacks with a healing staff restore magic. But, other wise you seem to be OK. The biggest issue is, can you maintain heals and resources in a Boss Fight in a Group Dungeon, particularly a Vet Dungeon Boss that takes longer to beat? If your magic pool is depeleted, it does not matter how high your spell or healing is, your at 0 HPS (Heals per Second)

Haven't really tested him out yet in a hard dungeon. I just recently got this guy to 50 and switched him over to healing, so I've only ran two dungeons with him, elden hollow and wayrest. My bar swapping and rotation was quite poor though, so I really need to try and get that down
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    There are a couple of threads around here on Healing that are great for learning what to do and when. Just knowing when to have Heals Up and when to run around avoiding attacks until needed again is a big step in that direction. Also, things can synergize so one skill can make another all that much better.

Do a Search on Healer Tips and you will find the threads,........eventually.

• FloppyFrank
    FloppyFrank
    ✭✭✭
    Alright thanks man, I'll try to find those threads. Just one last thing, does healing springs stack on itself?
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

• Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭