The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Elden Root awful on console.

rmatthendrick
rmatthendrick
✭✭
Anybody else on console avoid Elden Root like it's the plague? My game crashes there nearly every time.
  • Pomaikai
    Pomaikai
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root sucks on PC's too.
  • altemriel
    altemriel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I am on PC EU and I love Elder Root, I take it as my home town (I am Altmer) and it looks awesome, my game almost never crashes.

I feel so sad for you console guys for the crashes, I hope ZOS fixes it asap!!
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm having texture issues.

The hallway behind the big tree's wayshrine, where you go to get upstairs, often has invisible walls and floor. It crashes there a lot. Real fun since I'm doing the quests that take you to the throne room.

The front door area of the embassy building next door is all distorted.

Last night all the little stone walls you find along the roads were just a flat black texture.

General issues everywhere with the less complicated "far away" version of parts of the landscape persisting even when you're right next to them.

Edited by Appleblade on July 20, 2016 12:57PM
  • The_Lex
    The_Lex
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    To pick up the daily pledges, I travel to the Elden Root Temple Wayshrine or the Ossuary Wayshrine and travel in. By the time I get to the enclave, the area is usually loaded. I still sometimes have to wait a few minuites for Maj and Glirion to load in, though.

No matter how I get there, the area around Elden Root stutters pretty badly.

Edited by The_Lex on July 20, 2016 1:29PM
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Anybody else on console avoid Elden Root like it's the plague? My game crashes there nearly every time.

Elden Root has always been a rough place to get in and out of. It's a pretty localized location - a one stop shop for whatever your needs are. Plus a lot of players tend to "hang out" in Elden Root - why, no idea! Earlier today I think my game crashed three or four times trying to leave the area via WayShrine.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS
  • Appleblade
    Appleblade
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Elden Root tonight. Crashed to dashboard three times in four minutes.

Got a screenshot of the weird door.

ChB6Qw0.jpg

Some of the textures not quite right.
    Edited by Appleblade on July 21, 2016 2:14AM
  • King_Khaos
    My xbox can barely handle it. I would be there for 20 minutes and character appearances still wouldn't fully load.
  • Looeeze
    Looeeze
    ✭✭✭
    I find most of the time, if I wait for all the players to not be blacked out, then I avoid crashing. If I move while even one player is blacked out, then I crash.
    Xbox One - North America
  • Travy_2Hype
    Travy_2Hype
    ✭✭✭
    Looeeze wrote: »
    I find most of the time, if I wait for all the players to not be blacked out, then I avoid crashing. If I move while even one player is blacked out, then I crash.

Also, I've found if you're traveling to Orsinium and/or Elden Root; travel to a different way shrine (which ever is closest) and then run to the town. May seem like a drag, but it's a lot quicker than having your game crash two to three times and have to load back in.
    X-Box: EU

Orc Stamina DragonKnight - Tank
    Altmer Magicka Templar - DPS
    Redguard Stamina Sorcerer - DPS