The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• [COMPLETE] ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 6:00PM EDT (22:00 UTC)

I wish we could learn how many Crowns items will cost BEFORE they are released (reply if you agree)

argouru
argouru
✭✭✭
It would help players to know in advance how many Crowns items will be BEFORE they are added to the Crown store. For example, I'm worried the Doom Wolf Mount will be another 4k in Crowns like the special senche that was released a few months ago. Knowing how much they will cost before hand will help us save up crowns as well as cash to get more Crowns beforehand to ensure that we don't end up missing out on them.

Add a comment if you agree that this practice should be implemented... :)
  • Shadowstep2003
    Shadowstep2003
    ✭✭✭
    It would be nice, but it will not happen. You are asking because you would like to plan ahead and make efficient use of your crowns.

A company's primary goal is to make money. ZOS does not want you to be able to plan ahead they would love for you to find yourself at a deficit so you're forced to spend more money on crowns to acquire the items you seek before they disappear.

It's not shady, it's just business. Just offering an explanation and some insight why they most likely won't do this.
  • MarkusLiberty
    MarkusLiberty
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm going to guess that it's going to cost the same as the special Thieves Guild Mount, which was around 2500 Crowns.

I believe the Senche was more of a special case, in fact I'm pretty sure the high crown price was a major selling point for people, as it would increase its rarity. This doesn't strike me as the same type of event
    Edited by MarkusLiberty on July 15, 2016 5:47PM
    *Special Snowflake*

• Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I don't think they know. Honestly. I think they finalize the cost based on the ooh and ahh from the forum.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • DragonSamurai360
    DragonSamurai360
    ✭✭✭
    I agree I only have $56 and change to spend on crowns for the limited time items on the 21st. If they would have given a price on July 1st when they first announced the Breton Hero costume and the Doom wolf mount I could have planned better, but without knowing exactly how much they cost it makes it kind of difficult to be able to ensure I get them as I WANT THEM BAD!!! All I can hope is that one 1500 Crown pack and one 5500 Crown pack would be able to purchase them. Thing is the Dro m'thra Senche was too darned expensive and yeah it was cool looking but jeeze that was a lot of money they were asking for. I guess my Xbox Live rewards deposit plus the $50.00 gift card I bought yesterday went in at a good time.
  • Khairiah
    Khairiah
    ✭✭✭
    I disagree.. If you have money to spare for crowns to spend in the crownstore its your win. If not its just too bad. Tough love for thoose whos low on cash, but thats how it works.

As someone else mentioned, you would be able to plan how to spend your crowns which would be a loss for the game devs.

Poor people have less priveliges than the rich. Same thing in game as in real life.
  • RogueShade
    RogueShade
    ✭✭✭
    I'd think they would sell more if they announced the cost ahead of time. If you have advance notice you can make sure you have money set aside to buy extra crowns, if it's more than the crowns you have but you haven't set the money aside you won't/can't buy it so they lose out on your money.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    disagree , and repleying .
    Safety zone is a myth.
    They want people to invest so they stick to the game even when its broken.

because its possible
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    RogueShade wrote: »
    I'd think they would sell more if they announced the cost ahead of time. If you have advance notice you can make sure you have money set aside to buy extra crowns, if it's more than the crowns you have but you haven't set the money aside you won't/can't buy it so they lose out on your money.

Exactly. If they want us to buy these things, you'd think they'd give us advanced warning so we can financially plan ahead so they can get our money.
  • redspecter23
    redspecter23
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In some cases, feedback regarding crown store items is dependent on the price. Not knowing the price ahead of time can skew feedback, but I'm guessing ZoS is aware of this. Most discussions simply degrade to people arguing about how something is overpriced rather than how interesting the item actually is.

I agree with the posters above that ZoS definitely does NOT want players planning ahead. They'd prefer you spend crowns right now, then top off later to buy new goodies. It can backfire of course. If I know a new mount is coming that I really want, I may save 5000 crowns, not spending anything right now, but then perhaps only need 2500 for the mount when it goes live. So they may potentially lose that impulse purchase I might have made, but that's probably a small portion of customers that would behave that way.
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    They do not want players to be able to argue and throw stones until its too late.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    My apologies for not understanding but you can click the Crown Store in game and see how much the things are. Or do you mean hoping to haggle with the devs aout prices before they're released?
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    No, just want a heads-up BEFORE they hit the store so I'll know in advance how much they'll cost.
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    argouru wrote: »
    No, just want a heads-up BEFORE they hit the store so I'll know in advance how much they'll cost.

Ohh I see. Sadly, I doubt that'll happen. We can dream though :D
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    meri20098 wrote: »
    argouru wrote: »

Ohh I see. Sadly, I doubt that'll happen. We can dream though :D

I dunno, it seems a reasonable request. They can tell us the cost of the Gold Edition months in advance, but can't tell us how much a mount or costume will cost a couple of weeks early.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • reclaimervii.sierra117ub17_ESO
    Khairiah wrote: »
    I disagree.. If you have money to spare for crowns to spend in the crownstore its your win. If not its just too bad. Tough love for thoose whos low on cash, but thats how it works.

As someone else mentioned, you would be able to plan how to spend your crowns which would be a loss for the game devs.

Poor people have less priveliges than the rich. Same thing in game as in real life.

wut
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    My guess is 2500 for the Doom Wolf
  • MathCore666
    MathCore666
    Soul Shriven
    Agree
  • argouru
    argouru
    ✭✭✭
    2500 confirmed. Yay! The voice is odd, but he looks amazing to me. My new favorite mount. :D
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I am inclined to agree.

However, I feel it is more important that crown store items are reasonably priced, then I will concern myself with them being forecasted. At this point, I haven't seen a reasonably priced crown store item in several updates that I've been willing to pay for (and I've sank a fair number of crowns already - it's not that I'm stingy... I prefer frugal).