Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Crafting Previews

ThePonzzz
ThePonzzz
✭✭✭✭✭
Is there any hope for a crafting preview for armor, weapons, and shields? I know there is eso-fashion, but the site doesn't always help. With so many motifs now and more and more being added every major update, it's hard to keep up. The thumbnail image doesn't do the final product. Rare crafting style materials are hard to find, the CP160 scaling of materials doesn't make it easy to just check and see... It's just a cluster.

I'm torn what to make, and I'd rather not always NEED to hide my look behind a polymorph or costume. ESO Barbies are real, yo.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    We have been asking for this since Beta on the PC.

One thing you can do, I think this can be done on the consoles, is to scale up the UI so the pre-view icons are larger. Note, if you do this on the PC and you have addons that put elements on the screen, it can move things around as you change the UI Scale, so this is not an elegant solution

The other thing you can do is make the Chest and Legs and Shoulders in a lower level with cheaper mats and get a decent idea of what it will look like. There were not all that many differences in the look of gear for Vet/Champ Ranks beyond color of the base material. Again, not elegant, but something to do before whipping up a CP160 set you might decide you just hate after seeing it on.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Ourorboros
    Ourorboros
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Yeah, like Nestor said, this has been a long time ask. What's really frustrating is how many previews there already are. There is preview in crown store, for the dye station, and the character screen. Given this, it makes no sense that there is no preview for craft stations. Get it together, zos!
    PC/NA/DC
    Breton Sorcerer Maester.White - BB meets GoT >Master Crafter< { 9 Traits completed 4/23/15 }
    TANSTAAFL--->There ain't no such thing as a free lunch.....Robert Heinlein
    Women and cats will do as they please, and men and dogs should relax and get used to the idea....Heinlein
    All those moments will be lost in time, like tears...in...rain. Time to die. "Blade Runner"
    ESO: the game you hate to love and love to hate....( >_<) May RNG be with you (*,_,*)
  • ThePonzzz
    ThePonzzz
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I'm one of the people who requested it during beta, and then after beta on this name. Just keep hoping and hoping. It wasn't too big of a deal with the old scale of materials. But considering the cost of style materials and now the cost of 160 CP160 per item, it's just ridiculous that this is still a thing 2 years later.
  • MattT1988
    MattT1988
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    This is such a basic and obviously useful feature I just don't get why it isn't in the game and hasn't been since it's come out. Does my head in really.....