The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 6:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – May 6, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – May 8, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)

Stuck in Wrothgar. Tickets placed. No response.

Methadone_Man
Methadone_Man
✭✭✭
Gamertag is Methadone Man
Character is Kulel Oromon. Templar. Aldmeri Dominion.

He is permanently stuck in Wrothgar. I have rebooted 7 times and it will not load that character. Please relocate. Already cleared cache. Already deleted local save game data. Didn't work. I placed multiple tickets and have no response as of yet.
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    And because I posted here, I finally got a response. I want to share the email so that people understand the consequences of moving a character. It's a one-time thing, according to the email. So you better get on your knees and thank them that they gave you the privilege of moving your character just this one time so you can keep playing their game. But they ain't doing it a second time. It's like that episode of Family Guy where Spider-Man saves Peter. "Everybody gets one, Peter."

"Response By (Andrew) (07/14/2016 03:54 PM)
    Greetings,
    I've been able to successfully move your characters requested so you should no longer experience this issue the next time you log in.
    Please be sure to not return to the crash areas as we won’t be able to move you a second time. The highest volume of crash loops we’re seeing are in and around Orsinium and Wrothgar, especially where you pick up and do Crafting Writs.
    We are working on a solution, please bear with us as we work to patch this issue. Please keep an eye on our Patch Notes forum for any updates at http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"
    Edited by Methadone_Man on July 14, 2016 8:02PM
    Options
  • GeneralFlogger
    GeneralFlogger
    ✭✭✭
    Soooooo any plans to give us a work around for the crafting writs? Probably wishful thinking right? Or maybe ZOS can just put up big warning signs around the"crash zones" saying Enter At Your Own Risk! ONE move per character is rediculous, what a joke!
    Options
  • Rex-Umbra
    Rex-Umbra
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    ZOS fix your game
    Xbox GT: Rex Umbrah
    GM of IMPERIUM since 2015.
    Options
  • Zeddakis
    Zeddakis
    ✭✭✭
    "Response By (Andrew) (07/14/2016 03:54 PM)
    Greetings,
    I've been able to successfully move your characters requested so you should no longer experience this issue the next time you log in.
    Please be sure to not return to the crash areas as we won’t be able to move you a second time. The highest volume of crash loops we’re seeing are in and around Orsinium and Wrothgar, especially where you pick up and do Crafting Writs.
    We are working on a solution, please bear with us as we work to patch this issue. Please keep an eye on our Patch Notes forum for any updates at http://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/patch-notes.

Thank you for your continued interest and support!

Warm Regards,
    The Elder Scrolls Online Team"

If this customer support response really reflects the mind set of ZOS....SHAME on you ZOS!

How can you justfily to continue to sell the Orsinium DLC when you are also telling people who paid for it not to go there and access the DLC?

People this is what we need to take to Microsoft and file ticket after ticket over with their customer support. The fact that ZOS is selling stuff in their Store that they are also in fact telling people who pay for it not to play, because it is too bugged right now. If they do play what they in fact paid for and you get stuck twice then you also lose access to your character which means we lost access to a service we have also paid for. Actually we might want to start contacting State AGs as well. Like the guy did with Star Citizen.
    Edited by Zeddakis on July 18, 2016 10:17AM
    Options
  • heyewe
    heyewe
    ✭✭✭
    I'm on my EIGHTH reload trying to get out of Wrothgar. I've done everything you did @Methadone_Man but continually get crashe back to the dashboard.
    My mistake seems to be that I dared do my writs today after waiting WEEKS and someone telling me it was fixed. Nope.

Seriously upset that I can't do my writs and the loss of tempers and materials I need from doing them AND...having my healer stuck in Wrothgar.

And...9th attempt. DC'd.
    Options
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    One possible workaround that has worked for some people is to hold up on your left analog stick the entire time the character is trying to load. It will move your character like 2 meters or so even if you crash and don't see it. The game recognises this small movement. Keep doing it with each retry when you load and you may be able to move your character just enough to get him/her out of the area where stuck. This has actually worked for a few people although it takes about 20 loads for some people.

The other option is to spam in-game help tickets on another loadable character. Create like 50 to 100 tickets. Use your smart glass app on your phone so you can copy/paste the same message. Make it simple and use the word relocate. "My character named ______ is stuck in Wrothgar despite multiple loads. Please relocate.". You gotta do this over and over and over to get their attention. With the phone app you can actually create about 50 tickets in under 15 minutes. Think how long it takes to reload several times and you'll see this ticket spamming is a viable option. Overwhelm them with tickets to make them pay attention to you. They will move your character just to get you to stop spamming tickets.
    Options
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    For future writ attempts, always load in to the Shatul wayshrine which is north of the writ area. Ride into the writ area and get off horse before the gates, and walk just barely going inside the city gates. Turn in writs and immediately walk out north towards the Shatul wayshrine. Never use the wayshrine in the city itself. Never venture into the city to explore or do any quests with quest givers in the city. The city is basically downtown Hiroshima after the bomb dropped.

In essence, do not do about half of the content that you paid real money to access in Wrothgar. Outside the city gates, you'll still get kicked randomly but you won't be perma-stuck.
    Options
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    And lastly, realize that ZOS doesn't care about you at all. You will either have to find a workaround (left stick trick) or annoy them enough just so they will move your character just to get you to stop annoying them. And keep counting down the days till Skyrim remastered is released.
    Options
  • lagrub
    lagrub
    Soul Shriven
    Same here. Got stuck on Saturday. Put in ticket yesterday. Expected to be moved, but have not heard back. Bumped the ticket twice.
    Options
  • Methadone_Man
    Methadone_Man
    ✭✭✭
    Gotta do it 50 times. Twice won't get their attention.
    Options