The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Capes and cloaks

• Anti_Virus
    Anti_Virus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    There were cloaks in ESO early alpha, it had a majorly negative impact on frames so they were scrapped before beta. If you go to youtube u can find video's of ESO Alpha play.

I just dont understand how such small thing like cloaks could have such negative impact on the game when much older games have no problem with them.

What is wrong with Esos engine??

If you want your cloak to look like a piece of wood / long sheet of paper glued to your back Im sure it can be done with a very small hit to fps. Getting it to look like a proper cloak is much more resource intensive. In fact Im yet to see an MMO that does cloaks well.

On a related topic - I would love to see is ZOS making a coat mesh instead of painting coat textures onto the robe mesh thats already in game.

DCUO does it just fine and it's an MMO with a 2008 engine so why can't ESOs engine do the same?
    Power Wealth And Influence.
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @JD2013 it's sad because Guildwars 2 also can't handle capes...

YET: (list of games with this)
    Exhibit A:
    28 April 2005
    Guild Wars

Exhibit B:
    24 April 2007
    LOTRO

Exhibit C:
    20 May 2008
    Age of Conan

Exhibit D :
    18 September 2008
    Warhammer online

Exhibit E:
    11 January 2011
    DC Universe Online

Exhibit F:
    20 December 2011
    SWTOR
    Personally I believe that the reason they did not implement them was not "lag" because I mean then they might as well not have added little pets either...

I think it was clipping, they couldn't handle the clipping :wink:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."