The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/

Why is BWB lag free when full and the other campaigns not? EU

Jade1986
Jade1986
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭
Seriously, I just got to 50 and decided to start playing in the vet champion point campaigns, but the lag is SOOOOOOO bad it is just insane! BwB gets full at times and it never has this issue, are there any good champ pt campaigns that are semi balanced faction wise that dont have the worst lag since the apollo missions?
  • Rosvira
    Rosvira
    ✭✭
    Because vet pvp is a massive zerg fest. You stuff all the players into one area and boom, whole thing lags. Any vet campaign without lag is probably dead or a buff campaign :p
    Edited by Rosvira on July 12, 2016 12:55PM
    Rosvîra - EP Sorcerer
    Arivsor - DC Sorcerer
    Legendary Nobhead - EP Templar
  • Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's not just the concentration of players - we will reach the same concentrations at times and still not have equivalent lag. I think you could attribute a lot of it to the lower number of AOE skills used in lowbie PvP. Many of those skills are unlocked pretty late in skill trees and if you choose to beeline X skill, you may never reach Y skill or its morph.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma
  • Rikumaru
    Rikumaru
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I heard some of the lag is caused by passives and such which might explain why BwB doesn't lag.
    Overload rework. Power Overload now does physical damage and grants you the power of a tornado: You throw a brick at the target with a light attack, and you hammer your head into that brick with every heavy attack. We have decreased its Ultimate cost, but increased the chance that you get stuck in the animation.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Rikumaru wrote: »
    I heard some of the lag is caused by passives and such which might explain why BwB doesn't lag.

looks like i may have to go to azura then....
  • Berserkur
    Berserkur
    ✭✭✭
    Azura is a bit better than the other campaigns but not lag free at all. Maybe because of the missing CP calculation, the less organised proxi det trains or it's because of most of the time it isn't completely pop locked, I dont know.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Berserkur wrote: »
    Azura is a bit better than the other campaigns but not lag free at all. Maybe because of the missing CP calculation, the less organised proxi det trains or it's because of most of the time it isn't completely pop locked, I dont know.

It just sucks because I was looking forward to playing with CP finally with my stamknight dps SnB heavyarmor character, but now.....ugh....I may have to settle for the less populated CP campaigns then....
  • Orchish
    Orchish
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Either get used to it or play on a semi dead campaign i'm afraid. We've had this lag ever since the lighting patch. Yes we had lag before that patch but never ever was it as bad as we have experienced ever since then. It was getting worse with almost every single update until the point the servers would crash almost constantly. Remember the rollback days of pvp?

It's gotten much better since then the servers don't crash anywhere near as much, but the lag is always there sadly and if you think that's bad, wait until the weekends when it becomes a constant slideshow.
  • adarkartist
    adarkartist
    ✭✭
    because in vet campaigns everyone is using meteor
  • Giraffon
    Giraffon
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    This is why I have 8 characters. I love Blackwater because it's the best PvP experience in the game.

I'm hoping with the upcoming patch and flags in PvE areas that players might spread out a little more and cut down on the lag problems in Vet PvP, but I've got 3 baby toons at around level 20, so I'm good to go either way.
    Giraffon - Beta Lizard - For the Pact!
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Orchish wrote: »
    Either get used to it or play on a semi dead campaign i'm afraid. We've had this lag ever since the lighting patch. Yes we had lag before that patch but never ever was it as bad as we have experienced ever since then. It was getting worse with almost every single update until the point the servers would crash almost constantly. Remember the rollback days of pvp?

It's gotten much better since then the servers don't crash anywhere near as much, but the lag is always there sadly and if you think that's bad, wait until the weekends when it becomes a constant slideshow.

Yeah, I tried Trueflame on Sunday, and it was at 390 ping! O.O
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    More buffs, more AoE, more calculations for the servers to handle. This would be my guess.
    PC/EU DC
  • Reverb
    Reverb
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cyrodiil was laggy as hell when there was no such thing as Champion Points, so that can't be it.

I play equally in a CP vet campaign and bwb. Even when bwb is poplocked all 3 factions (as it has been lately <3 ) the big battles are less laggy than similar sized battles in vet campaign, so there's some difference in common vet skills or passives contributing to lag.
    Battle not with monsters, lest ye become a monster, and if you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes also into you. ~Friedrich Nietzsche
  • JamilaRaj
    JamilaRaj
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    laced wrote: »
    It just sucks because I was looking forward to playing with CP finally with my stamknight dps SnB heavyarmor character, but now.....ugh....I may have to settle for the less populated CP campaigns then....

How very ungrateful of you. ZOS worked hard for a full year or so to have CPs removed from the noob campaign and now they finally succeeded and showed to their detractors insensitive jokes about glacial pace and breaking two things for one fixed were completely undeserved, you come here and whine about moving to adult campaign to play with CPs!
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    JamilaRaj wrote: »
    laced wrote: »

How very ungrateful of you. ZOS worked hard for a full year or so to have CPs removed from the noob campaign and now they finally succeeded and showed to their detractors insensitive jokes about glacial pace and breaking two things for one fixed were completely undeserved, you come here and whine about moving to adult campaign to play with CPs!

Say wut? I love how there is no cp in the lowbie campaign.....
  • Leandor
    Leandor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    50+ player zergs in BWB? - Check.
    All AvA skills in BWB? - Check.
    All weapon line / class line skills & passives in BWB? - Check.
    Siege overkill in BWB? - Check.
    Pro ball groups with coordinated ultimates and "creative use of game mechanics" in BWB? - Woopsa, nope.

There we go, culprit found.
  • Jade1986
    Jade1986
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Leandor wrote: »
    50+ player zergs in BWB? - Check.
    All AvA skills in BWB? - Check.
    All weapon line / class line skills & passives in BWB? - Check.
    Siege overkill in BWB? - Check.
    Pro ball groups with coordinated ultimates and "creative use of game mechanics" in BWB? - Woopsa, nope.

There we go, culprit found.

But would that lag up the WHOLE campaign? I mean, I just spawned into True Flame and it was instantly over 300 ping :/

• Adenoma
    Adenoma
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's hard to run ball strategies in BwB with many AOE skills other than bombard and steel tornado, so you don't see a lot of that. It's hard to have an entire group of folks with impulse, sap, etc. But I think anyone who thinks that lowbie PvP has a deficit of creative use of game mechanics is fooling themselves. There are some strange builds that are literally only viable in nonvet PvP.
    Adenoma-Badenoma-Sadenoma