Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

did the writ quests changed in the last days?

NeKryXe
NeKryXe
✭✭✭✭✭
i wasn't able to play during the last 4 or 5 days, and today, when i returned to the game i found out that i only have one daily writ quest on the boards instead of the usual six. and i'm not forgetting any previous quest in my journal. so, i'm wondering if something changed in those days. are we only able to do one daily writ quest now?
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Not on PS4 - I got all 6 provisioning and crafting writs for my characters yesterday (this morning US time). The only time I see only one writ is when I role a new character and get the writ to start my crafting training.

Re-check your quests and put in a ticket if everything else is fine.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    that's weird. i still got only one writ until now, and i already logged out and in a few times and checked all boards.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting... today i got all the writs. looks like we have to play the game daily to get the 6 quests, after 3 days away we only get 1.
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Hmm, I don't do all 6 writs on all my characters each day. And, I can pick up all 6 anytime I want, as long as I don't have some already active.

Now, there has been a weird issue for some people where they can't pick up a writ, but it has not happened to me yet. I have also noticed in some cases a delay in that I can go to the writ board, not see any quests, but a couple of minutes later, the quest arrow appears and I can pick up the quests.

So, I would try going to another quest board in town in your alliance if your not able to pick up a quest at one board.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »
    Hmm, I don't do all 6 writs on all my characters each day. And, I can pick up all 6 anytime I want, as long as I don't have some already active.

Now, there has been a weird issue for some people where they can't pick up a writ, but it has not happened to me yet. I have also noticed in some cases a delay in that I can go to the writ board, not see any quests, but a couple of minutes later, the quest arrow appears and I can pick up the quests.

So, I would try going to another quest board in town in your alliance if your not able to pick up a quest at one board.

i did that, yesterday, for many hours, i tried all boards, nothing changed, i only got 1 writ quest. but today i got all 6 quests as usual.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    in the last few days i've been receiving and doing all the 6 writ quests, but somehow today i only received 5 quests, today the alchemy quest was missing. i'm not sure if this happens to everybody. did anyone got the alchemy quest today?

i've been doing this quests for so long and i still didn't understand how it really works and why from time to time we don't get all the quests. is this random? aren't we supposed to always receive 6 daily quests?
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    NeKryXe wrote: »
    i've been doing this quests for so long and i still didn't understand how it really works and why from time to time we don't get all the quests. is this random? aren't we supposed to always receive 6 daily quests?
    It's not random, and it's not really daily, either.

It depends on when you turn in the completed writ. That's when the countdown resets (either 20 or 24 hours, not sure which).

It can seem like a writ doesn't show up, but this is merely an illusion as your actual play time can make it look like you skipped a day.

Take this as an example:
    You take two writs at 8am.
    You complete one quickly because you have the mats and turn it in.
    You complete the other, but it took more time because you had to grind. It gets turned in at 4pm.

The next day, you play the game, and it's 11am. You will only see 1 writ on the board, which will be for the one you turned in at 8am. The other won't show up for another few hours.

If you're doing multiple writs, it's best to have a "no later than" time to turn in all writs. Those you don't complete, abandon them so you can always get 6 every "day".

Hope this helps. :smiley:

• NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Violynne wrote: »

Take this as an example:
    You complete the other, but it took more time because you had to grind. It gets turned in at 4pm.

it never happened. i always have all the mats, and most things i even have prepared for hundreds of days, like food and potions. every day i deliver all writs at the same time, i take about 10 seconds to deliver all. so, it hardly can be the problem since it happens too many times :)
  • Violynne
    Violynne
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Okay, I'm back to say ignore everything I just said. I'm wrong. Apparently, writ crafting has changed since my last play, and now I don't understand it either.

Yesterday, I completed a writ I took off from Malabal Tor's board, but had to put them into the chests at Reaper's March.

As soon as I did, the board lit up with a new writ, which means my 20-24 hour wait time isn't accurate.

My apologies, as I had thought this was how it worked.

Given your situation, now that's something I will need to watch for as well.

I'm just curious, but what level are you? I'm still under 50 (new character), so I'm wondering where you're at.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'm just curious, but what level are you? I'm still under 50 (new character), so I'm wondering where you're at.

the problem happens with all my characters, but i mostly do the writs with my main that is on champ level 435.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    so many updates since July but this bug seems to randomly happen. after many weeks receiving 6 writ quests until yesterday, today i only got access to 1 writ quest. this is really weird.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    this bug returned. today i only received the Alchemy Writ.

1 Writ in one day on all my characters instead of the usual 6 Writs.

looks like this bug still happens, randomly, since the last year :\
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    the daily writ quests bug is getting more frequent in my account. in the last 2 weeks i've been receiving only the Alchemy Writ almost everyday in all my characters.

is anyone else still having this problem or may it be a bug in my account?
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you've checked it, @NeKryXe, but just making sure you're not 25/25 in active quests?

I didn't see you mention being at the quest cap anywhere in the thread. You can only have 25 total quests active at a time ... after that you can't receive any more (including writ quests).

Also, double check that you didn't pick up and turn in writs already after the daily reset.

But, it could be a bug too. Send in a support ticket if you've exhausted the possibilities above.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 23, 2017 12:59AM
  • uzbachchi
    uzbachchi
    ✭✭✭
    [deleted]
    Edited by uzbachchi on July 23, 2017 5:07PM
  • Mickey_Ox
    Mickey_Ox
    ✭✭✭✭
    the daily writ quests bug is getting more frequent in my account. in the last 2 weeks i've been receiving only the Alchemy Writ almost everyday in all my characters.

is anyone else still having this problem or may it be a bug in my account?

I'm the opposite actually, twice in the past 3 weeks there were days with no alchemist writ available for me, the other 5 were there.
    Ever Tried, Ever Failed,
    No Matter.
    Try again, Fail again,
    Fail Better
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭

It depends on when you turn in the completed writ. That's when the countdown resets (either 20 or 24 hours, not sure which).

It can seem like a writ doesn't show up, but this is merely an illusion as your actual play time can make it look like you skipped a day.

Take this as an example:

The next day, you play the game, and it's 11am. You will only see 1 writ on the board, which will be for the one you turned in at 8am. The other won't show up for another few hours.

If you're doing multiple writs, it's best to have a "no later than" time to turn in all writs. Those you don't complete, abandon them so you can always get 6 every "day".

Hope this helps. :smiley:

This is wrong.

I have thousands of times across my 8 crafters done my writs at 11pm on a Friday night, then the next morning get up at 9am and do them again (I've done this every weekend for years),.

Likewise, I have many times forgotten to delete a writ I couldn't complete that day, and then the next morning deleted it and gotten a new one right away.

It doesn't start a timer from when you complete them, the writs have a fixed reset time every day.

As to the OP's issue, I have no idea, in all the years I've been doing writs I've never had one go missing, I've received them every day religiously. The only thing I can think of is what has been mentioned already about the quest cap.
    Edited by Belidos on July 25, 2017 11:39AM
  • Azurya
    Azurya
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Belidos wrote: »

I've received them every day religiously.

Ah, you are religious, nice for you ;)
    Edited by Azurya on July 25, 2017 11:46AM
  • Belidos
    Belidos
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Azurya wrote: »
    Ah, you are religious, nice for you ;)

It's a common phrase here, sort of a synonym, it means "to do something over and over again without missing".
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I think you've checked it, @NeKryXe, but just making sure you're not 25/25 in active quests?

I didn't see you mention being at the quest cap anywhere in the thread. You can only have 25 total quests active at a time ... after that you can't receive any more (including writ quests).

Also, double check that you didn't pick up and turn in writs already after the daily reset.

But, it could be a bug too. Send in a support ticket if you've exhausted the possibilities above.

i have very few active quests now since i already complete the pve solo quests a long time ago.
    that's not it, and it wouldn't explain why i always get the Alchemy Writ.

the Alchemy Writ never failed, not not even one single time, i'm always able to pick that one, but the other 5 are failing to appear many days.
  • NeKryXe
    NeKryXe
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    interesting... looks like they slightly fixed this on the last update - now i always get 5 writs but Alchemy Writ is very very rare to appear.

it's better now for sure, i prefer to lose the Alchemy Writ than to only get that one as it was before, but... it's still weird :)
  • Magdalina
    Magdalina
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Take this as an example:

That's not true. It's absolutely possible to give in yesterday's writs then immediately pick up new ones, writs reset at 9 a.m. my time(I'm bad with timezones so not sure what time it is for the US) every day.

To OP - did you have old writs when you logged in? Like, you logged in, finished old ones, then noticed you can't pick up new ones? If that were the case it'd mean your old writs happened to coincide with the new ones, in which case the system fails to track them and assumes you have done today's writs, even though in reality you've only done those a week old and should be able to pick new ones up. Works same way with pledges. If that's not the case, then that'd be a bug I have never experienced o.o