The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Is there a more current Add-On that does what Sous Chef does

MasterSpatula
MasterSpatula
✭✭✭✭✭
✭✭✭✭✭
Sous Chef is one of those Add-Ons I consider to be absolutely essential. It tells you who of your characters knows any given recipe, with a big bold checkmark if none of your characters know it, a semi-opaque checkmark if the current character doesn't know it, and a list of all the characters who do know it at the bottom.

Unfortunately, the author of the add-on abandoned it some time ago. It's badly out of date and, as of DB, gives you error messages when you try to run it. There's some workarounds in Sous Chef's comments section on ESOUI. Someone has even tried a to patch together a new version, but it doesn't seem to be working for everyone, and it's only posted in the comments section.

The thing is, I can't imagine playing without this Add-On, so I feel like there must be another Add-On out there that does the same thing. If there wasn't, I would think people would be clamoring for someone to take it over. So I ask you, oh great and wise Add-ON community, is there an alternative?
"A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Cookery Wiz, though it has several other functions too, it adds a section to the tooltip which lets you know which chars need that recipe.

EDIT: Sorry, I was wrong... it doesn't show the info in the recipe tooltip, instead it adds an icon to the inventory menu that lets you know if you need that recipe on the current char, and if you hover the mouse over it, it tells you which other chars on you account need that recipe.
    Edited by leeux on July 11, 2016 11:53PM
    PC/NA - Proud old member of the Antique Ordinatus Populus

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ «And blossoms anew beneath tomorrow's sun >>»
    ~~ «I am forever swimming around, amidst this ocean world we call home... >>»
    ~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
    ~~ "Slash the silver chain that binds thee to life"
    ~~ Our cries will shrill, the air will moan and crash into the dawn. >>
    ~~ The sands of time were eroded by the river of constant change >>
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I'll check it out. Thanks, @leeux!
    "A probable impossibility is preferable to an improbable possibility." - Aristotle
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You're welcome :)

My chars
    Liana Amnell (AD mSorc L50+, ex EP) =x= Lehnnan Klennett (AD mTemplar L50+ Healer/Support ) =x= Ethim Amnell (AD mDK L50+, ex DC)
    Leinwyn Valaene (AD mSorc L50+) =x= Levus Artorias (AD mDK-for-now L50+) =x= Madril Ulessen (AD mNB L50+) =x= Lyra Amnis (AD not-Stamplar-yet L50+)
    I only PvP on AD chars

~~ "Let strength be granted so the world might be mended... so the world might be mended."
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    leeux wrote: »
    You're welcome :)

Thanks again for the tip, @leeux. I finally got around to using it. It's a bit more complex than I was looking for, does more than I really wanted. The single biggest flaw is it doesn't tell me if I need a recipe on alts until it's in my inventory, and being able to tell before I loot was a major part of what I was looking for.

Still, I'm giving it a try. Maybe it'll grow on me. I like the silly icon it uses.
  • leeux
    leeux
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yeah, I understand... I miss Sous Chef too :cry: We can only hope that some day someone will pick it up and update it.

Nevertheless, I love Cookery Wiz too... the cooking window and the way you can queue "orders" for cooking and brewing is really awesome.

My chars
    I only PvP on AD chars

• Phinix1
    Phinix1
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Sous Chef is one of those Add-Ons I consider to be absolutely essential. It tells you who of your characters knows any given recipe, with a big bold checkmark if none of your characters know it, a semi-opaque checkmark if the current character doesn't know it, and a list of all the characters who do know it at the bottom.

You should check out ESO Master Recipe List.

It does what Sous Chef did and a LOT more.
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Thanks, I'll give it a shot.

I have to confess, it perplexes me that my searches on ESOUI didn't turn up either of these.
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    as of DB, gives you error messages when you try to run it

That was actually a pretty easy fix, two lines of code.
    I updated my version a while back and it's working without any errors for me.

Maybe i should upload my fixed version to ESOUI ...
    idea.gif
  • MasterSpatula
    MasterSpatula
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »

idea.gif

From what I saw in the comments section on the Add-on, results of that fix were mixed. I noticed that after I made it, I started getting a lot more LAU errors. That seemed odd to me.
    Edited by MasterSpatula on August 4, 2016 11:04PM
  • CJohnson81
    CJohnson81
    ✭✭✭✭
    I seriously hope that when the time comes, these authors can take the time to do whatever tweaks are necessary to allow these add-ons to run on XBOX. I know a few things have to happen - Microsoft launching the functionality, ZOS allowing add-ons to run on the console version, etc - but seriously when we can get them I'll be so happy.

Do you know how much it stinks to craft stacks of food one.... click...... at...... a..... time.....? It's especially bad when I'm just trying to clear out inventory and make some cash. I have to psyche myself up to do it because it's like mid-1800's battlefield surgery. Of course, alcohol helps now as it did back then.
    Huor Melwasul - Archdemon, The Demons of Light - Warlock, Hufflepuff House - ADXB1 - NA
    I'm only updating this because we're commenting on a thread about signatures. Give me awesomes!
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    SirAndy wrote: »
    idea.gif
    From what I saw in the comments section on the Add-on, results of that fix were mixed. I noticed that after I made it, I started getting a lot more LAU errors. That seemed odd to me.

No, i meant i did my own fix. I never read any of the comments on ESOUI.
    When i got the LUA error after the DB DLC, i traced down the problem (outdated API call) and fixed it.
    smile.gif
    Edited by SirAndy on August 5, 2016 1:55AM
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Phinix1 wrote: »

You should check out ESO Master Recipe List.

It does what Sous Chef did and a LOT more.

This is what I use.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • SirAndy
    SirAndy
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭