Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Best poisons to craft & a few other poison related questions!!

Hammy01
Hammy01
✭✭✭✭✭
Ok so first off..

What are some of the better poisons to make?

Can poisons be applied via class skills such as a Templars jabs?

Just trying to figure out if it is better to craft a bunch of poisons for my Mag templar or not!!

Hammy!!
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    In theory I feel that the dual magicka + stamina 'drain' poisons are best. I say 'in theory' because I'm yet to find an effective use of them over buffed enchantments.

For your second question - AFAIK jabs won't proc it, it needs to be light/heavy attack or a skill from the 'Weapon' skill lines
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Hammy01
    Hammy01
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Panth141 wrote: »
    In theory I feel that the dual magicka + stamina 'drain' poisons are best. I say 'in theory' because I'm yet to find an effective use of them over buffed enchantments.

For your second question - AFAIK jabs won't proc it, it needs to be light/heavy attack or a skill from the 'Weapon' skill lines

Ok thanks...

Well I am guessing it is not worth using poisons then as a mag templar, which kind of suck as I am sitting on a lot of mats for making poisons :)!

Hammy!!
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    If you're weaving basic attacks in between your skills, you can still proc the poison. The magicka/stamina draining poisons are useful in PvP for shutting down your opponents abilities. Their main use in PvE would probably be damage (a combo of ravage health and gradual ravage health can do over 8k damage with a single activation).

The main limiting factor to poisons is that they take time to activate (20% chance per hit) and they take effect over time (usually lasting 3-8 seconds). This makes them very inefficient for any target that isn't going to be upright for more than 20-30 seconds. In most situations, normal weapon enchantments will be better.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • nordsavage
    nordsavage
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    When I tank I use vulnerability poisons. +8% damage taken for 3.9 seconds.

Also poisons are only applied on light attacks, heavy attacks and weapon abilities. So if you are a jabs based Templar it might be best for you to just stick with enchantments.
    I didn't choose tank life, tank life chose me.