Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Leveling blacksmithing

Captain8504
Captain8504
✭✭✭
Hello, I was wondering could someone help me level my blacksmith. My character is level 27 and blacksmithing is level 7. Psn Captain8504.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    here's one way, and you wont need help to do it.

go to marbruk ( assuming you are ad, if not go to your alliance's main town ). go to the fighter's guild. rob it blind, upstairs and down. go to the outlaws refuge behind the building, and fence everything except the metal weapons and armor. leave the refuge ( the loading screen resets the stuff in the guild ) and go deconstruct everything. then go do it again. and again and again.

this will also level up your legerdemain at the same time, and give you some gold.

granted, you can only fence a certain amount per day --- when you reach the limit, then switch to only stealing stuff you can deconstruct.

takes a few hours, but it goes by quickly
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Oh thank you so much
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    I went to the fighters guild in wayrest and it gives me hardly XP on deconstruction.
  • newtinmpls
    newtinmpls
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Remember - if the item value is 0, the decon value is low.

If you are wiling to spend the tempers, you can improve, then get more XP for decon.
    Tenesi Faryon of Telvanni - Dunmer Sorceress who deliberately sought sacrifice into Cold Harbor to rescue her beloved.
    Hisa Ni Caemaire - Altmer Sorceress, member of the Order Draconis and Adept of the House of Dibella.
    Broken Branch Toothmaul - goblin (for my goblin characters, I use either orsimer or bosmer templates) Templar, member of the Order Draconis and persistently unskilled pickpocket
    Mol gro Durga - Orsimer Socerer/Battlemage who died the first time when the Nibenay Valley chapterhouse of the Order Draconis was destroyed, then went back to Cold Harbor to rescue his second/partner who was still captive. He overestimated his resistance to the hopelessness of Oblivion, about to give up, and looked up to see the golden glow of atherius surrounding a beautiful young woman who extended her hand to him and said "I can help you". He carried Fianna Kingsley out of Cold Harbor on his shoulder. He carried Alvard Stower under one arm. He also irritated the Prophet who had intended the portal for only Mol and Lyris.
    Order Draconis - well c'mon there has to be some explanation for all those dragon tattoos.
    House of Dibella - If you have ever seen or read "Memoirs of a Geisha" that's just the beginning...
    Nibenay Valley Chapterhouse - Where now stands only desolate ground and a dolmen there once was a thriving community supporting one of the major chapterhouses of the Order Draconis
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I went to the fighters guild in wayrest and it gives me hardly XP on deconstruction.

Stolen items, even after Laundering and now Improving don't give much for Experience on decon.

There is a better way. Go to a public dungeon, or zombie/bloodfiend or wolf/skeever/jackal spawn area and run a pattern grinding mobs. You will get lots of loot to decon, lots of experience to level your character and skills, and gold to cover repairs with extra left over. Win Win Win

Feeding Champ level items to a low level crafter will really crank up their craft leveling.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    im sorry, i forgot they nerfed it a while back.
  • Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Nestor wrote: »

Stolen items, even after Laundering and now Improving don't give much for Experience on decon.

There is a better way. Go to a public dungeon, or zombie/bloodfiend or wolf/skeever/jackal spawn area and run a pattern grinding mobs. You will get lots of loot to decon, lots of experience to level your character and skills, and gold to cover repairs with extra left over. Win Win Win

Feeding Champ level items to a low level crafter will really crank up their craft leveling.

If your on Na server on ps4, could you show me? I'm kinda noob when it comes to these things lol psn same as my name on here
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't play on consoles. However, L27 is about Zone 3, so find the public dungeon in that zone
    For Aldmeri Dominion
    http://tamrieljournal.com/public-dungeon-group-challenge-conqueror-guide/#rulanyilsfall
    or for Daggerfall Convent
    http://tamrieljournal.com/public-dungeon-group-challenge-conqueror-guide/#obsidianscar
    or for Ebonheart Pact
    http://tamrieljournal.com/public-dungeon-group-challenge-conqueror-guide/#sanguinesdemesne

Note, Public Dungeons are full of 6 to 9 mob groups, so you need some good AoE or someone to do the dungeons with you. Most of them can be solo'd if you have good AoE. Otherwise, use a guide like this (he has ones for each alliance) to find the spots that have dense fast respawning mobs

https://rakashieso.wordpress.com/2014/04/13/complete-ebonheart-1-50-power-leveling-guide/
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Captain8504
    Captain8504
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the advice. I'll try that :)