Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Questions on Build and Set Pieces

Matt45045
Matt45045
I am trying to start working toward the build I want and was hoping someone could answer a few questions:

1. I was wondering if increasing Weapon Damage or Max Stamina would lead to a larger increase in damage? Or are they proportionally the same, meaning if I double one with no change in the other will the damage increase be the same on both or will one lead to a bigger increase over the other? I'm trying to max my burst damage and wondering if concentrating on one or some mixture of both would be more beneficial.

2. I'd like to use Infused or Divines on my armor to maintain versatility, is 3 infused and 4 divines still the best way to go or is 7 Divines or Infused going to lead to bigger gains. I will typically be trying to max DPS through max stam/magicka and spell/weapon damage.

3. I have the ability to craft Hunding's Rage, Night Mother's Gaze, or Twice Born Star. Which one of these would offer the most DPS and should I use one for pve and a different one for pvp?

4. Do Dots and Poison do more damage per second on a critical attack or does the dps from the dots stay the same and only the initial attack do more damage. And will Thaumataurge increase effects of Poison Bow Skills and Alchemical Poisons?

5. Do defense lowering effects light Night Mother's Gaze and Reaper's Mark stack?
  • Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    Matt45045 wrote: »
    I am trying to start working toward the build I want and was hoping someone could answer a few questions:

1. I was wondering if increasing Weapon Damage or Max Stamina would lead to a larger increase in damage? Or are they proportionally the same, meaning if I double one with no change in the other will the damage increase be the same on both or will one lead to a bigger increase over the other? I'm trying to max my burst damage and wondering if concentrating on one or some mixture of both would be more beneficial.

2. I'd like to use Infused or Divines on my armor to maintain versatility, is 3 infused and 4 divines still the best way to go or is 7 Divines or Infused going to lead to bigger gains. I will typically be trying to max DPS through max stam/magicka and spell/weapon damage.

3. I have the ability to craft Hunding's Rage, Night Mother's Gaze, or Twice Born Star. Which one of these would offer the most DPS and should I use one for pve and a different one for pvp?

4. Do Dots and Poison do more damage per second on a critical attack or does the dps from the dots stay the same and only the initial attack do more damage. And will Thaumataurge increase effects of Poison Bow Skills and Alchemical Poisons?

5. Do defense lowering effects light Night Mother's Gaze and Reaper's Mark stack?

1. Every 10.46 Stamina is equivalent to 1 Weapon Damage. So, in terms of set bonuses, you get more bang for your buck from Weapon Damage bonuses. At gold CP160, you're looking at 967 Stamina or 129 Weapon Damage (967 Stamina is equivalent to 92.4 Weapon Damage), so best to stack as much Weapon Damage as possible if that's what you're into.

2. If Twice-Born Star you probably want to go full Divines to maximize the benefit of using that set.

3. Twice-Born Star or Night Mother's Gaze. Probably best off going 5 TBS and 4/3 NMG.

4. DoTs can crit.

5. Yes, they stack.

Hope that helps!
  • Matt45045
    Matt45045
    Thank you @Semner, if I didn't go Twice Born Star, should I use 3 infused and 4 divines or some other combination?

• Semner
    Semner
    ✭✭✭
    Yeah, probably. Gold infused would mean an extra 519 Stamina or an extra 49.6 effective Weapon Damage. 49.6 is greater than the amount of Weapon Damage you would get from having those pieces as Divines using the Warrior Mundus, and 519 Stamina is more than the amount of additional Stamina that you would get from the Tower Mundus.