Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Grand Sermonizer

Grazzt
Grazzt
✭✭✭
Hello everyone !
I was really enjoying the Dark Brotherhood DLC until I ran into this part of the questline where I have to kill the Grand Sermonizer...
I tried at least a dozen times and died every time, up until the point where I just said "screw it" and went back to playing Final Fantasy XIV.
It's too bad cos I really love ESO, so I don't want to end it on a frustration, is there something I'm missing somewhere maybe, do I need to do something in particular to kill her ?
Thanks in advance for the advices :smiley:
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kind of hard to help you with this without a little more info about where your at in the game. If your new and are being battle leveled it could just be your a little underpowered and need to get a few more skills morphed or added. If you been around for awhile your build could be to centered on a support roll and you don't generate enough dps for this fight. Or just a bad tactic's in the fight. Try giving your level class a little info on build and tactic's used and you will see more response with ideas that you might like.
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Thanks for the answer !
    Actually, yes, this is a new alt that I've created just for the Dark Brotherhood DLC, so I'm lv.9, battle leveled indeed...
    So you think I should probably skip this for now and come back when I have more powerful/morphed skills then ?
    Isn't it a bit weird that we cannot complete the DLC story with a new character though ?
  • cjhhickman39
    cjhhickman39
    ✭✭✭✭
    You probably could if perfect on all areas but how many can pull that off.
  • Whiphid
    Whiphid
    ✭✭✭✭
    I've done this one with a guildmate who was around at that time and who had someone give him a good hint when he kept dying on his own run. The trick with the guys at the end (assuming that's where you are dying) is to try and agro two at the time. Don't run into the cave. Kite the two guys in the center back into the tunnel first with a ranged attack, then the pairs on either side, then take on the boss.
    One land! One Emperor! Who among you will stand with me?

PS4/EU - Breton Sorcerer / Breton Healplar / Khajiit Stamblade / Khajiit Stamplar / Altmer SorcTank
    Grand Master Crafter and Guild Master of the Aetherium Alliance.
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    Ok, I'll try that and let you know, thanks ! :)
  • Grazzt
    Grazzt
    ✭✭✭
    So ... I tried that and still failed miserably, the thing is that the two men guarding the Grand Sermonizer won't come by themselves, this Sermonizer a**hole always comes with them, and there's no way I can fight 3 ennemies at once at lv.10 (yeah, because I kept trying I actually gained one level in this thing)

And the thing is, when you die here, you have to do it all over again, from the very beginning where you have to listen to the interrogatory again and everything, so this is more than annoying.

Having a challenging fight is one thing, having a fight that you absolutely cannot win is another, this isn't fun anymore, it's just frustrating, I don't know who designed this thing but thanks to him (or her) I'm now gonna spend my time and money on another game !
    Edited by Grazzt on July 30, 2016 7:45AM
  • KimberlyannKitsuragi
    If I may suggest grouping up with people or just following anyone who's in the same quest as I don't believe it's instanced. Don't forget about asking in zone chat in Anvil or Kavetch :) I hope to see you back soon. She is rather tough. I thought of giving up myself but I asked my guild too if they would help and I got lucky that some had the DLC and could help me. I hope they fix the mechanics soon too. Some fights are really hard
    Feel free to add me. I'm part of the Gummy Guars PC/Mac NA server. Master crafter and working on getting 9 traits on everything