The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

■ ZOS, CAN U FIX THE DAMN "MAP LOADING" ISSUE AFTER DB NEW DLC!!!!!

JosephZhengwow
ZOS, CAN U FIX THE DAMN "MAP LOADING" ISSUE AFTER NEW DLC!!!!!

IT REALLY DROVE ME MAD! WHILE I RUN THROUGH EACH CITY TO RETURN THE CRAFTING DAILY QUEST, SOMETIME IT GOT ME TWICE OR THREE TIMES OF MAP LOADING! IT ALSO OCCURS DURING DUNGEON RUNNING OR PVP!! TWO MAINTENANCES WERE DONE AFTER NEW DLC LAUCHES, BUT NO ANY IMPROVEMENT OR FIX REGARDING THIS STUPID ISSUE!!

DO U REALLY CARE WHAT'S THE PS4 PLAYERS' FEELING???????

Edited by JosephZhengwow on July 10, 2016 8:53AM
  • reb101
    reb101
    ✭✭
    I am having this issue real bad tonight in hallow city. What in the world it's horrible.
    reb101
    PS4 - Ebonheart Pack - NA
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ZOS does care.

They're not keen on fixing it soon though. Apparently it is not important enough.

I have seen far more 1 star or Soul-Shriven forum members lately than I ever have. So many people coming here just to have their voices heard on this severe issue.

Rest assured, ZOS will fix it. When things get this bad, they jeopardize their playerbase's willingness to stay instead of moving on to other games.

Give them another month and something may happen :(
  • JosephZhengwow
    PLEASE FIX THE FREQUENT MAP-LOADING ISSUE, THANK YOU.
  • JosephZhengwow

PLEASE FIX THE FREQUENT MAP-LOADING ISSUE, THANK YOU.
  • BalticBlues
    BalticBlues
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    It even is getting worse...

Before Friday's patch, I "only" had 3 loading screens doing my writs.
    Today I had 5 loading screens doing my writs.
    One loading screen lasted about a minute.

I finally have more loading screens than writs playing time.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    As all who have spoken...
    The issue appears to be loading-oriented, in other words often things do not load right.

The main symptoms are:

- multiple load screens after using a wayshrine to a new area or entering a dungeon/new dungeon area, this in turn can lead to simultaneous combat (whilst loading) and often Death
    - NPC's are not visible or are one-way ineractive (they can kill you or talk, but you can't kill them or progress a quest) and this can lead to Death, missed looting, and delays
    - graphics of floors, ground, walls and doors fail to texture load and look like clay or glass
    - weapon/skill bar sticks (unable to swap to alternate) which can have all kinds of consequences depending on playing style or slotting technique
    - "dead world" with delayed or no response when attempting interaction with doors, items and NPC's
    - sound drop outs often in combo with some visual loss, (example: no flame sound or stream on flamestaff)
    - stuttery, jerky, laggy graphics especially when riding and/or navigating towns

SMOOTH is not a word I would hold near to PS4 ESO this last month...

...all of this leads to frustration.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    ...and I forgot, the questmarkers have gone nuts. They are very slow, often disappear before reloading on maps or compass and have become even more confusing with regards to in zone/out zone, near, far, etc.
  • jcroop9
    jcroop9
    Not going to entirely blame this on ZOS, elder scrolls has had a lot of "traveling to fast load issues" in the past on old single player games.
  • JosephZhengwow
    Totally agree with RobbieRocket and you have listed all the issues I also faced and suffered since BarkBrother DLC.
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Any improvement after today's maintenance?
  • vic4ert
    vic4ert
    nothing has changed ((
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Was excited to sign in after the troublesome last 2 weeks and 3 server downtimes this week.

...First dungeon, could not progress through a doorway (not door, just doorway) due to invisible NPC. Took 15 seconds to load in. I cannot confirm the other symptoms yet but it feels exactly the same and I would conclude - if I had to, right now - that the server maintenance had nothing to do with the issues listed in this thread, specifically the ones I have posted a couple of posts ago.

:-(
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    ...wow! It could even be yet worse. I'm struggling with conversations (NPC's), quest progression and the weapon swap and interaction with items issues are worse than ever. Be careful what you wish for, this just got worse...
  • JosephZhengwow
    God bless us! I'm ESO membership from Day 1 both on PC and PS4 console, but suffered from such kind unbelievable issues!
  • xSILVER_SHAMANx
    xSILVER_SHAMANx
    ✭✭✭
    Not that this helps to resolve the issue in any way, but........ This is also happening on the XBOne.
    Every issue mentioned by RobbieRocket.
    Things actually appear to be getting worse.
    I'm curious if you are all ESOPlus subs? It might be my imagination, but I only became a sub for the crafting bag, and it honestly felt to me that the issues for me intensified 3 fold as soon as I became a subby....
    I'm wondering if there is some shoddy code in the way they implemented the CB, which is like a limitless bank, in that it is shared across all toons. Exactly HOW is it implemented? Seeing how the size isn't defined, the data structure would likely need logic built into it. Is it some kind of hashmap or dictionary? Or are we referencing into some sort of look up table?
    It just feels to me that after DB went live things got bad, but once I subbed, things got EXTREMELY BAD!!

• SpiderKnight
    SpiderKnight
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Not that this helps to resolve the issue in any way, but........ This is also happening on the XBOne.
    I'm curious if you are all ESOPlus subs? It might be my imagination, but I only became a sub for the crafting bag, and it honestly felt to me that the issues for me intensified 3 fold as soon as I became a subby....
    I'm wondering if there is some shoddy code in the way they implemented the CB, which is like a limitless bank, in that it is shared across all toons. Exactly HOW is it implemented? Seeing how the size isn't defined, the data structure would likely need logic built into it. Is it some kind of hashmap or dictionary? Or are we referencing into some sort of look up table?
    It just feels to me that after DB went live things got bad, but once I subbed, things got EXTREMELY BAD!!

I have eso plus and things got terrible at DB release, however, only on my main character am I seeing 3 loading screens from Sanctuary to Garlas Agea and any other place within that amount of distance - upon spawning in or opening a door, 1-2 minutes of invisible npcs when I spawn anywhere, and other major lagging issues. All 3 of my alts do not have issues as bad, there's maybe max 10 seconds for npc to show up and I hardly see any loading screens. Not to mention my mementos have not worked on my main since last patch, my alts can use them fine...
  • Pandorii
    Pandorii
    ✭✭✭✭✭

There's a section in the 2.5.3 patch notes that says "Fixing an issue where having a large number of items in your inventory, Craft Bag, and bank could cause your game to crash." This seems to reinforce your theory.
  • JosephZhengwow
    NOTING IMPROVED AFTER THIS MAINTENANCE ON JULY 19TH!! DAMN IT!!
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    To be honest what did you expect?
  • Ritzey01
    Ritzey01
    ✭✭✭
    People, and i use the term loosely, who come here and type in all caps do no good and shouldnt be listened to. If you want to make sure ZOS is aware of an issue you can do it in a constructive manner. Thats how you get listened to.
  • JosephZhengwow
    devilsTear wrote: »
    To be honest what did you expect?

SIMPLE REQUEST:

1. IMPROVE THE DAMN FREQUENT MAP LOADING;
    2. IMPROVE THE SITUATION WHILE YOU ALMOST KILLED ALL MOBS BUT THEY STILL DON'T COME OUT IN DUNGEON.
  • JosephZhengwow
    Ritzey01 wrote: »
    People, and i use the term loosely, who come here and type in all caps do no good and shouldnt be listened to. If you want to make sure ZOS is aware of an issue you can do it in a constructive manner. Thats how you get listened to.

If you have five alts to do daily crafting quests, and you got 2 or 3 map loading while you run through the city (like Deshaan) to receive or turn the quests, it totally takes 1 hour to finish all five alts' daily, and you will know what I'm feeling.