The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of May 13:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – May 13
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – May 14, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

I want to ride a netch

Smasherx74
Smasherx74
✭✭✭✭✭
Self explanatory, they don't have to be giant. Just want a "flying" mount, and one that references past elder scrolls and lore.
Master Debater
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    Yep, it would be wonderfull - Netches or Silt Striders as mounts :)
    Edited by alkodav on July 7, 2016 5:39AM
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    alkodav wrote: »
    Yep, it would be wonderfull - Netches or Silt Striders as mounts :)

That's what it was called. There was even on in skyrim but I couldn't remember the names of them in morrowind.

A baby version of that would be great, or I guess just a regular netch.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • iviikeonxbox
    iviikeonxbox
    ✭✭✭
    I want to ride a Mage Mender.

What is best in Cyrodiil?

To crush you enemies. To see them driven before you and to hear the lamentation of the mage menders!
    Xbox One | Daggerfall Covenant

Twitter.com/iviikeonxbox
    Twitch.tv/iviikeonxbox
    YouTube.com/iviikeonxbox
    Options
  • mb10
    mb10
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    have you ever seen anyone ride a netch before?
    no so it wont be happening
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    mb10 wrote: »
    have you ever seen anyone ride a netch before?
    no so it wont be happening

I used to ride on silk striders all the time.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭
    no, Netch were never a mountable creature in TES.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

A Silt Strider is basically a giant netch.

Your argument "Netches were never mountable in TES" is invalid because neither were bears, guars or camels... (can't believe you just made that argument)
    Master Debater
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

latest?cb=20141211235520

How is that basically a giant netch?
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Typhoios wrote: »

latest?cb=20141211235520

latest?cb=20121116072215

Has Bethesda ever referenced Silk Striders being or looking like netches? I don't know if they have or not but a Netch is definitely a typically smaller version of a Silk Strider. I suppose you could argue Silk Striders have hard shells that can be cut out for a riding place, but I think they're essientally one in the same, no reason why riding some sort of netch would be against lore considering they even make Dark Elfs passive increase fire/ice/lighting now instead of just fire.

That's beside the point though, the structure of Netches and Silk Stiders are the same. Silk striders are meant for multiple people, where as a netch would only be mountable for 1 person. It makes perfect lore sense if you really want to think about, I feel like you're just against flying mounts even if their just hovering mounts...
    Master Debater
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    Typhoios wrote: »

latest?cb=20141211235520

latest?cb=20121116072215

Has Bethesda ever referenced Silk Striders being or looking like netches? I don't know if they have or not but a Netch is definitely a typically smaller version of a Silk Strider. I suppose you could argue Silk Striders have hard shells that can be cut out for a riding place, but I think they're essientally one in the same, no reason why riding some sort of netch would be against lore considering they even make Dark Elfs passive increase fire/ice/lighting now instead of just fire.

That's beside the point though, the structure of Netches and Silk Stiders are the same. Silk striders are meant for multiple people, where as a netch would only be mountable for 1 person. It makes perfect lore sense if you really want to think about, I feel like you're just against flying mounts even if their just hovering mounts...

I'm not against it. I just don't think they are comparable. A netch is soft with tenticals. A Silt Strider has a hard exoskeleton with legs. Netchs fly or float. Silt Striders walk. Silt Striders have their shells hollowed out a bit to ride in. Netches you would just sit on their head? The structures are not the same at all. They just have vaugely similar shapes. I don't care one way or another if they give us Netch mounts. I'm only opposed to you calling Netches smaller Silt Striders as they are not even close to having the same biology. They are just roughly a similar shape. A netch is like a giant jellyfish, a silt strider is more like a giant bug.
    PC/EU DC
    Options
  • shadowwraith666
    shadowwraith666
    ✭✭✭✭

Your argument "Netches were never mountable in TES" is invalid because neither were bears, guars or camels... (can't believe you just made that argument)

a silt strider is NOT a netch, in TES lore camels, Senche, wolves, bears and guars were bred for riding or use as beasts of burden.

SILT STRIDER
    Giant arthropods, which can be up to 60 feet tall. Used as a means of transport in Morrowind by manipulating exposed organs and tissues. It is said that their numbers dwindled due to the Red Year, when the eruption of the Red Mountain killed most of them and destroyed their native habitat.

NETCH
    Netch are large and generally peaceful creatures that resemble airborne jellyfish with the size and disposition of cattle, floating through the air supported by internal sacks of magical gases. Although male ("Bull") netch are larger than the female ("Betty"), and sometimes possess the ability to poison their opponents, the latter can be provoked into aggression more easily. They are usually peaceful but can be defensive of their territory, particularly during breeding season. Netch are often domesticated in Morrowind, mainly due to their hides making good quality leather, although the skin contains a toxin that renders the meat inedible.[1] While feral Betties usually keep a harem of several Bulls, herders often keep the female-male ratio low for faster breeding. Some wild families appeared in Solstheim in the Fourth Era, perhaps drawn by the familiar flora that had grown up in the southern ashlands following the Red Year.
    • Vicktor Bloodtail - L42 Argonian Magblade, Werewolf - EP
    • Xarxes - L31 Dunmer Sorc, Vampire - EP
    • Lichtspear - L21 Argonian Temp - EP
    • Rajka Fireclaw - L21 Khajit DK - AD

PS4 EU
    Spill some blood for me dear brother
    Vicente Valtiere, Dark Brotherhood, Oblivion
    Options
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    97140-spongebob-square-pants-riding-a-jellyfish.jpg
    Options
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

a silt strider is NOT a netch, in TES lore camels, Senche, wolves, bears and guars were bred for riding or use as beasts of burden.

SILT STRIDER
    Giant arthropods, which can be up to 60 feet tall. Used as a means of transport in Morrowind by manipulating exposed organs and tissues. It is said that their numbers dwindled due to the Red Year, when the eruption of the Red Mountain killed most of them and destroyed their native habitat.

NETCH
    Netch are large and generally peaceful creatures that resemble airborne jellyfish with the size and disposition of cattle, floating through the air supported by internal sacks of magical gases. Although male ("Bull") netch are larger than the female ("Betty"), and sometimes possess the ability to poison their opponents, the latter can be provoked into aggression more easily. They are usually peaceful but can be defensive of their territory, particularly during breeding season. Netch are often domesticated in Morrowind, mainly due to their hides making good quality leather, although the skin contains a toxin that renders the meat inedible.[1] While feral Betties usually keep a harem of several Bulls, herders often keep the female-male ratio low for faster breeding. Some wild families appeared in Solstheim in the Fourth Era, perhaps drawn by the familiar flora that had grown up in the southern ashlands following the Red Year.

Okay so I reverse my position and I want mini-silt striders.
    Master Debater
    Options
  • Luigi_Vampa
    Luigi_Vampa
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭

SILT STRIDER

NETCH

Okay so I reverse my position and I want mini-silt striders.

Silt Striders don't fly. Wasn't that your original point that you want a "flying" mount?
    PC/EU DC
    Options