Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Gear

Mattoxx96
Mattoxx96
✭✭
Is there a way of improving gear champion rank, say from CR 140 to 160...

and also I really don't like crafting gear, just isn't my thing, how do I get a really good weapon, I'm only CR 262 so vMA is a no for me, where do I buy or mob drop to get the next best thing.
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    No crafting huh, buy it from Guild Traders. I prefer to make my own, otherwise I try to find Syvarra's Scale for stamina or Bahraha's Curse for magicka. Both have decent procs for beginners and average players or casual alts.
  • DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Pvp gear is pretty good and incredibly cheap at guild traders. Personally I love crafting everything I wear, aside from my maelstrom weapons and monster sets
  • Duiwel
    Duiwel
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    PvP, Trial, Dailies, Guild Traders all have gear too if you don't like crafting sets.

What do you not like about it though? If you buy a craftable set from someone and it's epic quality ( purple ) will it be different from an epic acquired loot drop? Nope it will be the same.

So I don't get why you don't like it, it's not like you have to use materials or craft it yourself to get. Just use gold if you're lazy...

:smiley:
    @Duiwel:
    Join ORDER OF SITHIS We're recruiting! PC EU

"Dear Brother. I do not spread rumours. I create them..."
  • Mattoxx96
    Mattoxx96
    ✭✭
    Thanks guys, and to be honest, I would craft gear but it's so long and time consuming. This relates to my first question, but I've had a look at the crafting gear and it says the max CR gear I can make is 140? Unless their is a way to improve the rank of the gear.
  • xilfxlegion
    xilfxlegion
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mattoxx96 wrote: »
    Thanks guys, and to be honest, I would craft gear but it's so long and time consuming. This relates to my first question, but I've had a look at the crafting gear and it says the max CR gear I can make is 140? Unless their is a way to improve the rank of the gear.

you cannot improve the rank of existing gear.
  • sunskater
    sunskater

True before Imperial City, but we can make CP160 gear these days. We do understand the required commitment but I like being able to create in minutes what would require weeks of searching the traders. Might even save some gold...or even make some.

Best,
    jt
    Valan'yi (AD): CP160+ Bosmer stamblade ranger.
    Ayannis (DC): CP160+ Breton magplar healer.
    Sarsthor (EP): Lv7 Nord dragonknight tank...someday...

Master Clothier & Woodworker. All levels & sets, 9 traits, many styles. All enchantments.
    Provisions, potions & poisons available for all situations (except Psijic Ambrosia).

PSN: Sunskater
    PS4/NA
  • ThePaleItalian
    ThePaleItalian
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is there a way of improving gear champion rank, say from CR 140 to 160...

and also I really don't like crafting gear, just isn't my thing, how do I get a really good weapon, I'm only CR 262 so vMA is a no for me, where do I buy or mob drop to get the next best thing.

Are you on PC? Or PS4 and Xbox? I just made a full set of 140CP gear for someone last night. Just need to know what sets and stuff you want made. There are alot of people out there for a fee that will do it. Including me.
    Conan, what is good in life?
    Crush your enemies. See them driven before you. Hear the lamentations of their women.

PS4 Screen Name: The_Pale_Italian
    ZweiHandler - Orc DK Tank
    Solstice StormHaven - Magika Sorc
    Oba Nobanaga - Stam NB
  • Mattoxx96
    Mattoxx96
    ✭✭
    I'm on PS4 EU, if someone could craft me some sets that would be great, will pay obviously.
    Edited by Mattoxx96 on July 11, 2016 1:35AM
  • superleeds19
    superleeds19
    ✭✭
    @Mattoxx96 Send me message and I'll craft some for you. I'm on ps4 eu

Psn is: superleeds2