The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Poison Help

nick59349b14_ESO
nick59349b14_ESO
✭✭✭
Hello Gents,

I've looked everywhere for the ingredients to the poison "Drain Health Poison IX" and I haven't been able to find the exact ingredients on the net. I have the capability to make it but without the knowledge I am forced to buy in the guild traders.

Thanks.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Which alchemical ingredients are you missing?

I hope it's not butterfly wings because they are all over Tamriel ...

Beetle scuttle can be found on assassin's beetles or thunderbugs ... my favorite place to farm is the thunderbugs in Khanarthi's Roost.

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/262984/big-asslist-of-poisons-potions-using-two-alch-mats
    Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 4, 2016 10:50PM
  • KingMagaw
    KingMagaw
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Each reagent has 4 abilities. Match them up to make your poisons.

Most are labelled Drain Health Poison IX, many varieties, so be more specific in the abilities you need.
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    I have no idea which I'm missing? I can buy any ingredients I need I just need to know which 3 I need to make that particular poison.

I guess I should clarify, I don't need the actual ingredients just the recipe I guess. The 3 required to make the poison.
    Edited by nick59349b14_ESO on July 4, 2016 10:48PM
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    KingMagaw wrote: »

Most are labelled Drain Health Poison IX, many varieties, so be more specific in the abilities you need.

Drain Health, Magika and Stamina. I've tried matching them up but I haven't been able to get results I need for the poison above.
    Edited by nick59349b14_ESO on July 4, 2016 10:51PM
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    An example would be the opposite which is Columbine, Bugloss and Mountain Flower which restores all 3.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Drain Health, Magika and Stamina.

You'll need mountain flower, columbine, and bugloss for that type of poison. IMPORTANT NOTE: Three effects on poisons don't last as long as two effects ... but you can certainly still use three effect poisons.

Edited by Taleof2Cities on July 4, 2016 10:53PM
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    http://www.sunshine-daydream.us/ESO/alchemy.html

Hint: Any positive potion recipe when used with an oil has the opposite effect on enemies. You don't have to just use the new poisonous herbs. Making a poison with the Tri-Pot Columbine, Bugloss, and Mountain Flower for instance will do a triple poison drain instead.
    Edited by phaneub17_ESO on July 4, 2016 10:53PM
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭

You'll need mountain flower, columbine, and bugloss for that type of poison. IMPORTANT NOTE: Three effects on poisons don't last as long as two effects ... but you can certainly still use three effect poisons.

So by using the poison solvent instead of the potion it has the opposite effect?
  • Dagoth_Rac
    Dagoth_Rac
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    I believe that is simply a standard tri-pot made with Alkahest instead of Lorkhan's Tears. So probably Alkahest + Columbine + Bugloss + Mountain Flower. I am not 100% sure on that, but I am pretty sure that all the "Restore" effects flip to "Drain" when using an oil instead of water.
  • Taleof2Cities
    Taleof2Cities
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

So by using the poison solvent instead of the potion it has the opposite effect?

Correct in most cases, yes.
  • nick59349b14_ESO
    nick59349b14_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    Excellent, thanks. Thanks for the info on the 2 ingredient poison as well.