Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Stam DK or Stam Temp

Limelife
Limelife
So i just came back to the game 4 days ago. The first thing i did when i came back was level a DK to 50. I mainly did it to get back into the swing of the game and not be so lost after 2 years gone. I have a level 50 Temp/ DK / NB and cant pick which one i want to play. The NB isn't a choice mainly because i don't like the play style. I do like 2h/bow builds but i am not locked into that. I also would dabble into tanking but not magicka. I was wondering which is better, desirable, and needed in groups for PVE. Also who does better in PvP between stam DK and Temp.
  • Curragraigue
    Curragraigue
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Based on what you want to do personally I would play the Stam DK. I just find the Stam DK easier for tanking. They can however both be good at PvP and PvE with the right builds. Tanks usually have the shortest queues for group dungeons.
    PUG Life - the true test of your skill

18 characters, 17 max level, at least 1 Stam and 1 Mag of every class, 1 of every race and 1200+ CP

Tanked to Undaunted 9+ Mag and Stam of every class using Group Finder for 90+% of the Vet Dungeon runs
  • Rockndude
    Rockndude
    For pvp they both do a great job and a lot of damage from what I have seen. I have a lvl 42 stam dk but never tried a stam templar. From my experience, stam dks are more limited with their damage dealing skills because their main spammable damage ability is just wrecking blow/dizzying swing, whereas stam templars can use biting jabs as well. I have actually seen many stam templars gap close, dizzying swing, jabs, execute in pvp with great success. I truly wish stam dks were not completely dependent on weapon skills for damage and had a stamina morph for whip or something even though they gave us poison claw and noxious breath. To give you an idea of what sets to use on a stam dk, my endgame pvp will be 5pc hundings rage, 1 kena, 2 leki, 3 agility with 5 inpenetrable traits and the rest divines. I am also going to experiment with 5pc black rose instead of Hundings to see how it turns out. Most people endgame use 5 hundings, 1 kena, 1 bloodspawn, and maelstrom bow and maul/greatsword. I am on XB1, NA, AD If you are as well and need help let me know.
  • Limelife
    Limelife
    From my understanding there is more Stam Temps running around then Stam DKs. That Stam DKs do more damage but stam temps have more to offer to groups.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    stam sorc! mine is so much fun :p
  • Limelife
    Limelife
    Heh i am not leveling up another toon right now. But i will keep it in mind.
  • bebynnag
    bebynnag
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I have Micshone a stam DK (redguard) full medium so no off tanking, but the damage output is amazing, sustainability when causing melee damage usuall 2 handed & dual weild but there are times when wings & snipe are needed ;)

i also Puffy The Slayer (original i know) a templar tank (nord), and she is a BEAST! seriously just stands there and takes EVERYTHING thrown at her, and doesnt even notice! LOL

they are both fun to play, obviously melting Npc/dungeon bosses & giving as good as you get in pvp is incredibly fun; but for me not as much fun as standing there taking very little damage as an emp tried to kill you only to ulti heal bk to hull health
    which causes them to call for back up!