The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

NPC's loading in WAY to late.

Daranigan
Daranigan
✭✭✭
So I'm trying to do the black sacrament in the dark brotherhood. I'm going for the achievements but this is getting to the point of impossible. NPC's are not loading in. While hiding in barrels I have timed some of them. Some NPC's are taking 5 minutes or more to load in. This time is in addition to the time I've already spent doing the quest. And while I cannot see them, they can still see me. Now I have taken my time, been patient and tried every troubleshooting step I can think of. But because they can see me while not even being there, this is making it impossible. How do you avoid the gaze of something that isn't even there?

Now let's be perfectly clear about this. This issue is, in fact, and issue with the elder scrolls online game. I know this through process of elimination.

- I have spoken with my internet service provider. My internet is running at the best possible performance I can get.
- This is NOT an issue with my PS4. Literally every other game, feature and app I have is working without issue.

Now I have tried some troubleshooting steps to get it to work right and it's just not happening.

- I have abandoned the quest and restarted it.
- I have tried sharing the quest.
- I have power cycled my PS4.
- I have logged out of my character and back in.
- I have even taken the game off my console and reloaded it back on, even though this is a 3+ hour process.

Now I have submitted a few tickets on this issue and recieved no help. All I get is the same bs troubleshooting steps that don't work. So now I'm turning to the forums. Can somebody give me a real answer? Because the lazy morons working the ticket system clearly have no idea how to do anything but send out generic crap that doesn't help anybody and wastes a lot of time.

• RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    Can't agree more. It's not just the New DLC, I have it everywhere I go, Convenant, Dominion and right now expecially Wrothgar.

In the Dominion it was a big problem with friendly NPC's and quest progression, mostly though and especially in dungeons the enemies are there but not there. The red dots are on the radar, they damage you, you cannot see them or even target them. You cannot go through doors or logout due to combat. It's currently game-breaking.

And so I have sent tickets and the usual tips suggest the problem is at my end and I am supposed to restart the game or my console every 5 minutes? I'm currently looking at a loading screen that has been there for 5 mins. Sometimes - and it is a sign of slow load of NPCs - several loading screens occur in one area or Dungeon, but often once it loads up, you're dead.

It kind of breaks the fantasy.

Any comment from devs? Acknowledge the issue?
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hopefully will be better after tomorrow's patch?
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    i believe this is working as intended.
    the NPC's are in stealth, much in the same way you can enter stealth.
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    This crap still didn't get fixed @ZOS_GinaBruno ps welcome back :smile:
  • reb101
    reb101
    ✭✭
    I been seeing this a lot even in the original main store NPCs
    reb101
    PS4 - Ebonheart Pack - NA
  • terrordactyl1971
    terrordactyl1971
    ✭✭✭✭
    Still not fixed, lag is still bad......leading to npc's loading in very late and random loading screens.

My guess is they need to invest in more bandwidth capability
  • Vaoh
    Vaoh
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    It's 100% on ESO, not your internet. We all deal with it and hate it.

I have absolutely no confidence it will ever see a full fix though.
    Edited by Vaoh on July 7, 2016 9:57AM
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    this NPC not loading issue, as far as i can tell, is like an extra bonus loading screen with out having to get the additional loading screen.

which is pretty nice, AM I RITE?

what is actually nice about these loading times though, it gives us casual players some additional RL time to get chores done around the house.

as guy was saying, i'll have my character hide in a basket to avoid invisible NPC and go to the grocery store, or head to the toilet to leave a poop in the mechanical water bowl that operates on magic.

anyone check out some of the new items in the crown store?
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    As I have already posted here, I will be brief.

This is awful. Someone official should respond and request maintenance.
    Today alone I have had this scenario (in Wrothgar) in every big Dungeon and in Orsinium. I die every "bonus" loading screen, I often get stuck and regularly my second skill-set/weapon is unreachable.
    The achievements and gameplay in general is tiresome.

Please - say something.
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    ...hahaha and one combat dragged me through 2 walls, off map and back again until I had some control.
  • jcroop9
    jcroop9
    My best one was riding my mount at high speed, agroing a mob I COULD see, them BAM! unusually long load screen pops up. When it finishes loading I am dead. Then I rezz, run to a wall, when I revive I am attacked by the infamous invisible mobs, I try to run and just agro more stealthy buggers. Then BAM...dead again. I rezz, ghost run to another hopefully less populated area and BAM! I die again AS A GHOST. I was no where near a cliff but the death message was "watch your footing" which means fall death. That was the bestest ESO experience. One thing I have learned since then. AOE (at least my Acid Spray ability) still kills invisible mobs. Doesn't help with the stealth quests obviously though. :(
    Edited by jcroop9 on July 8, 2016 12:35AM
  • Daranigan
    Daranigan
    ✭✭✭
    So... I posted this on the 3rd of July, it is now the 7th of July... and so far nobody that can actually do anything about this issue has responded. The update patch did NOT fix the original issue. My tickets, (which I have been sending in daily) are still only being answered via the useless automated robots that send out the same useless troubleshooting steps that still do not work.

Even after replying to the emails, the best I get is a survey request, asking how well you did fixing my problem. I have been taking these surveys, giving you the lowest score you allow me to give you followed up with a copy/ paste comment of, "You did not solve my problem. You did nothing."

And judging from the comments in this thread, I'm not the only one having these issues. So Zenimax, Bethesda or whoever is actually responsible for the problems we are having, I am asking nicely one more time. Please do something about this. Anything really would do. Cause you have done nothing. And doing nothing doesn't solve the problem. This will not go away by ignoring it. So please respond.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    Can we get a response on this please @ZOS_JessicaFolsom @ZOS_GinaBruno
  • socivL
    socivL
    ✭✭✭
    devilsTear wrote: »

you only speak when you are spoken too.
    2 templars - 1 cup
  • kalimar44
    kalimar44
    ✭✭✭✭
    This is why I'm going to try out Neverwinter next week. I'm getting sick and tired of this bs.

Neverwinter is a ftp dnd MMO.
  • devilsTear
    devilsTear
    ✭✭✭
    socivL wrote: »
    devilsTear wrote: »

you only speak when you are spoken too.

Huh?
  • reb101
    reb101
    ✭✭
    Yeah it's really effecting my immersion. Also I was just in a delve and I was killed by and invisible mob. That had not loaded for me to see.
    reb101
    PS4 - Ebonheart Pack - NA
  • RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    In order to get a response or action we probably need to generate more responses and more details.

PLEASE ADD YOUR reload screen, slow NPC spawn, NPC quest giver invisible, lag, etc issues here if you feel the game is not functioning smoothly.

I myself have all of the above issues and they seem intrinsically related.

• RobbieRocket
    RobbieRocket
    ✭✭✭
    ...oh and the Graphics often fail to load texture... ground, walls and doors. It all smells of poor loading scenario.
  • Rittings
    Rittings
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    The megaservers aren't quite so "mega" I'm afraid.
  • davidcombs7
    I have opened ports and have a type 1 connection and still experience bonus loading screens and 1-2 min npc faze in. If they dont fix it now, one tamriel will be nail in the coffin to this game. Megaservers get bogged down, you need to fix the servers asap
  • disintegr8
    disintegr8
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Did Direfrost Keep the other day and we took it in turns to see the final boss. At one stage I could see her and other couldn't, then I lost her and the others could see her.
    Australian on PS4 NA server.
    Everyone's entitled to an opinion.