Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

Jewelcrafting

darjobuno
darjobuno
✭✭✭
I am dying waiting for this to happen. Jewel crafting would give us the ability to have two full crafting station sets. Right now I am selling all my extra jewelry wincing each time I do it.
No longer swimming upstream
  • rabb1t_ESO
    rabb1t_ESO
    ✭✭✭
    You are going to be dying for a long enough period you will become a lich. :O They have already stated they have zero plans to make this happen anytime in the next few years, so it is extremely unlikely to happen. :(
  • darjobuno
    darjobuno
    ✭✭✭
    I will just hold my breath until they do :o:#:s
  • STEVIL
    STEVIL
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    darjobuno wrote: »
    I am dying waiting for this to happen. Jewel crafting would give us the ability to have two full crafting station sets.

and you state why they wont do it after saying you want it.

Complete post.

WELL DONE.
    Proudly skooma free while talks-when-drunk is in mandatory public housing.
    YFMV Your Fun May Vary.

First Law of Nerf-o-Dynamics
    "The good way I used to get good kills *with good skill* was good but the way others kill me now is bad."

• Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    I want crafted jewelry simply due to the fact the stupid bind on pickup gear will not drop at my level. This would give me the option to make it in a set. Right now I wear a dropped monster helm set, a dropped set with jewelry, and a 5 piece crafted set. Yet I have well over 2k raw materials I cant seem to make enough gear with. Also, having non-legendary non-upgradable jewelry is simply anoying to say the least as it limits what you can get from a set.

Also they should have crafted balista to get rid of the VAST amounts of ruby ash...
  • alkodav
    alkodav
    ✭✭✭
    it's really strange.... whyyyyy we can't craft it?

There was saying a lot.. but over the 2 years - no certain info, and it's make me really sad(
  • Kensei_ESO
    Kensei_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Yep, they are holding out on purpose. I just don't know if it's because they are too lazy or just being jerks.
  • Ashtaris
    Ashtaris
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    They do need to add some more crafting aspects to the game. As far as crafting goes in general, we have seen nothing new since the games release. So jewelry crafting would be a welcome addition. So would Spellcrafting, but that will be much harder to implement due to balancing issues.
  • Calidus1
    Calidus1
    ✭✭
    No jewelry crafting ever please, it would break game. Requires people to find a crafted and dropped set. Also, the the best Jewelry (gold sets) should only we rewarded for leaderboards--not from crafting improvements.
  • darjobuno
    darjobuno
    ✭✭✭
    Calidus1 wrote: »
    No jewelry crafting ever please, it would break game. Requires people to find a crafted and dropped set. Also, the the best Jewelry (gold sets) should only we rewarded for leaderboards--not from crafting improvements.

Having only the best items being dropped and finds leads to pay to play issues. While I myself am a ESO plus player. I have heard a myriad of complaints about pay to play. If you make the best times dropped items guess where the best items are going to be found? DLCs which you pay for.

Better to put it in to the crafting matrix where everyone can have access to the better gear. If a person does not like crafting they can always buy crafted items. Trust me crafting is not easy and it takes a lot of patience, time, and skill points.

Also not everyone has the time as the unemployed, retired, and kids home from school. So by making it based off leader boards they are punishing those who work for a living.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    The other problem with jewelry sets being drops only is that some sets only come in blue quality. You can upgrade the quality on the armor and weapons of these sets, but the jewelry is just up a creek without a paddle.
    STEVIL wrote: »
    and you state why they wont do it after saying you want it.

Complete post.

WELL DONE.
    What's wrong with having two complete crafted sets? People can already get a complete crafted and a complete drop set.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • lardvader
    lardvader
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I still support the idea but the craftable sets can't be as good as the current BiS gear. It needs be new 3 piece sets on its own and not part of Hunding etc. Last it might have to be pretty expencive - maybe introduce some new mats you need for it.
    CP 1200+ PC EU EP
  • Bouldercleave
    Bouldercleave
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I would be happy just being able to improve or deconstruct existing jewelry.

I agree that even if we could create jewelry, it should not be as good as earned set items but should be better than simple looted PvE stuff.
  • Aemon_Isklexi
    Aemon_Isklexi
    ✭✭✭
    lardvader wrote: »
    I still support the idea but the craftable sets can't be as good as the current BiS gear. It needs be new 3 piece sets on its own and not part of Hunding etc. Last it might have to be pretty expencive - maybe introduce some new mats you need for it.
    The problem with making completely new sets is how would they be included in the game. There are already crafting stations for all the existing sets. Would jewelry crafting have its own unique stations to give unique sets? Where would these crafting stations be located? What kind of bonuses could these new sets give that would differentiate them from existing 3 piece sets (e.g., willpower, agility, endurance)?

Introducing materials unique to jewelcrafting would also have issues. Jewelry is typically made using metals and gemstones. If we use gemstones as a unique material, where would they come from? If they use metal, would they use the same metals as smithing? If they use new metals, why wouldn't those metals also be used in smithing too and vice versa? What quality improving materials would it use?

To start addressing the concerns over materials, we should start by setting some parameters. Rings only have three intrinsic properties: level, quality, and a stat boost. This contrasts with most gear having the properties level, quality, motif, and trait. This means that jewelcrafting would have the same breadth of materials for level and quality, but it would only have three materials for the last property (magicka, stamina, or health) compared to the nine traits of other crafted gear (and obviously no motif). This is a much smaller range of possible materials than any of the other crafting skills. Unless they add a slew of new possible traits for jewelry, I don't see the devs making a new crafting profession for it.

I would be happy just being able to improve or deconstruct existing jewelry.
    That's pretty much all I want at this point.
    "I do not carry such information in my mind since it is readily available in books. ...The value of a college education is not the learning of many facts but the training of the mind to think." ~Albert Einstein
  • bulbousb16_ESO
    bulbousb16_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yes, jewelry should be craftable, and YES! craftable items should be more powerful than looted ones, as a general game theory.
    Lethal zergling
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Most likely they figure nobody would farm for the dropped sets if they could craft a similar set. Therefore no one would do the quests in order to obtain jewelery.
  • Sporvan
    Sporvan
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    A jewel crafting tree would be very basic though. You only have four traits to research.

What I suggest is adding Jewel crafting under an existing tree like Enchanting and not bothering with trait researching.

Allow enchanters to improve jewelry and to craft jewels according to a set type.
  • Mike0987
    Mike0987
    ✭✭✭
    Just thought I would post here to bring this to the top of the list in the forums. Let them know its not going away lol.