Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 23:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – September 23

How long too level up clothing

yosan
yosan
Soul Shriven
I have been at it for about 3 weeks, still I am only lvl 11, searching for the materials seem to take very long. Any tips to speed it up?
I cant buy them because i am poor
Edited by yosan on July 1, 2016 8:56PM
  • Danksta
    Danksta
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    If you're trying to level it up by making armor, you're going about it the wrong way. Deconstructing gear and doing crafting writs is the way you want to go.
    BawKinTackWarDs PS4/NA

• yosan
    yosan
    Soul Shriven
    I am crafting mostly for the writs, shall deconstruct more I guess thanks
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Yep, you get little Inspiration for making equipment, unlike Alchemy and Provisioning. Save your mats for making stuff or selling it.

Decon Mob Loot is the fastest and best way to level crafting. Intricate items are really nice, they are almost triple Inspiration.

Now, almost more important than leveling Crafting is to research traits. You need to know them to make crafted sets. There are threads in the Crafting section that discuss strategies for doing this. You can learn enough to make decent gear in about 1 to 2 weeks, to learn them all will take a year. So, start researching now.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• Darkestnght
    Darkestnght
    ✭✭✭✭
    Kill everything, loot every chest and just get as much med/light armor you can deconstruct. Green items are good and blue offer more experience when deconstructed. You can buy (incinerate) armor from guild stores which speeds it up a little to. It is going to take awhile, maybe months to get to lvl 50...it will be worth it!

If I were you I would level blacksmith and wood working at the same time.

Another tip is to make sure you go to the Pack Merchant and get more space to store stuff so you can stay out longer and get more stuff.
    Edited by Darkestnght on July 1, 2016 9:13PM
    Xbox NA - CP1300+
    Xbox EU - CP400+

• yosan
    yosan
    Soul Shriven
    I am leveling woodworking also. And I am researching all the time, if i have an item that allows it
    Edited by yosan on July 1, 2016 9:21PM
  • Nestor
    Nestor
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    yosan wrote: »
    I am leveling woodworking also. And I am researching all the time, if i have an item that allows it

You can usually find researchables in the Guild Stores pretty cheap if you need a specific trait, like for 100 gold or so. Also, if you ask near a crafting station, someone might make you a traited item.

Hint, if you low on Gold, steal things and Fence them in the Outlaw refuge. You can make 5000 to 10000 gold a day easy doing this.
    Enjoy the game, life is what you really want to be worried about.

PakKat "Everything was going well, until I died"
    Gary Gravestink "I am glad you died, I needed the help"

• yosan
    yosan
    Soul Shriven

Nestor wrote: »

You can usually find researchables in the Guild Stores pretty cheap if you need a specific trait, like for 100 gold or so. Also, if you ask near a crafting station, someone might make you a traited item.

Hint, if you low on Gold, steal things and Fence them in the Outlaw refuge. You can make 5000 to 10000 gold a day easy doing this.

I only have the base game unfortunately
  • wayfarerx
    wayfarerx
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

Stealing / fencing / outlaw refuges are in the base game, you do not need the Thieves Guild DLC to be a thief :)
    @wayfarerx - PC / North America / Aldmeri Dominion
  • yosan
    yosan
    Soul Shriven
    wayfarerx wrote: »

Stealing / fencing / outlaw refuges are in the base game, you do not need the Thieves Guild DLC to be a thief :)

Didnt know that thanks
  • rrico_76
    rrico_76
    And one other option yet. Craft some things and exchange with another player, you both gain more inpiration by decon that way.