Update 44 is now available for testing on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/categories/pts
Maintenance for the week of September 30:
• PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for maintenance – September 30, 4:00AM EDT (8:00 UTC) - 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – October 2, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Important question regarding VMA

Chilla_Deluxe
Chilla_Deluxe
✭✭✭
Hey guys, I've been trying VMA for 3 days now I got until the final boss on stage 9 and am unable to beat it, I have 30k stamina, 20k health , 9k magicka, 2k stam recovery and 3900 weapon damage buffed, the gear I use for it is 5 twice born star(divines, serpent and shadow stones), 1 Kena, 1 Bloodspawn, 3 agility all robust weapon damage, golden sharpened maul/can swap to precise golden if needed. my gear is purple except for the Bloodspawn and Kena they're gold.

The main issue is when the Crematorial guard spawns, I cannot kill him fast enough or evade the fire damage, I've seen numerous videos of people saying you can move around him as he shoots it to evade it, but I think with the new DB patch it can't be done as I have tried loads of times, by the time i dpsed him, the boss is spamming skills on me and i'm forced to dodge roll lots and I know about interrupting his star burst attack, but literally I've also been using corrosive armor for the Crematorial guard but not getting it frequent enough, he just hits me too hard, the daedroths base attack is also a hard hitter + Dot for me, people say its experience and stuff just keep practicing but I don't see any light at the end of this tunnel lol, other stages I've struggled but I saw hope. Would swapping for Shadow and Warrior mundus help though? or maybe hundings instead of TBS?

So to my main question, is it worth it to run a Magicka Sorc just for farming VMA Weaps? I can level it up in 2 days to 50 and I got all my magicka gear already if needed. I mean with the reduced time to sorcs shields will that heavily affect it? Also how much easier is it for a magicka sorc then a stamina character?

Thanks in advance,
    ✭✭✭
    I struggle on normal lol. Prob because I try and do everything on a pvp setup.
  • Minute_Waltz
    Minute_Waltz
    ✭✭✭
    What class are you? On my stam dk I pop a corrosive armor when boss teleports and aoe+spawning first crem guard, dps them down and kill the mage before going up for crystals. When you drop down if you dont have enough dps then make sure you collect all 3 gold ghost and stun the crem guard and kill it. (Or you can pop another corrosive armor if you dont have all the ghost)

Try use sigils for the part you are stuck at, even go and use all of them just to learn and get through it.
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Just grab defensive sigil leap at the grem guard and finish it. Use thief and shadow stones.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Try grabbing the defense sigil at the beginning of the fight, get the boss to 70% as quickly as possible. If you do it fast enough, you won't have to deal with the Crem. Guard at all. If you aren't fast enough, the defense sigil should still be active until you kill the Guard. After that, you'll need to be able to stay upstairs and dodge his attacks and knockbacks long enough to destroy all three crystals. Once the third is destroyed and he knocks you downstairs again, grab the damage sigil and burn the boss to zero. With high enough damage you won't need to do anything else but burn - but it may be beneficial to you to get all of the yellow ghosts during this last phase. You should be able to get all the ghosts, use the synergy, and burn him without regard for any other adds.

Many people I know save their defense sigil until the last burn phase of the boss too. I say it ultimately depends on your damage output. If you can get the boss to 70% fast enough, you don't need the sigil and you won't have to fight the first Guard. It appears to me that you can afford to give up some recovery for WD or max stam, both of those will improve your chances a great deal due to the increased damage. I'm obviously guessing here - but start by trading your recovery glyphs on your jewelry for WD. If you're using the Serpent mundus, trade it for Thief or Shadow, whichever you are not already using.
    Edited by Autolycus on July 1, 2016 2:42PM
  • TankHealz2015
    TankHealz2015
    ✭✭✭

???

What is this about the "gold ghost" ?

I been practicing on normal MA and never touch any ghosts... I thought they damaged me...

• Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    OP, we really need to know your class to help!

@TankHealz2015

Collect three gold ghosts and you can use 'Spectral Explosion' and stun all enemies. If an enemy collects a gold ghost they get much tankier.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• dereck_phantom
    OP I have been stuck on the last boss for a long time I quit tried again yesterday and beat him. The defense sigil is the key it's the first sigil I pick up as soon as the crem guard shows then I get rid of healer then crem guard after. It's all so simple now but I'm a mag NB so the heals are crazy.
  • AverageJo3Gam3r
    AverageJo3Gam3r
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Panth141 corrosive armor implies stam DK
  • kadar
    kadar
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Autolycus wrote: »
    Try grabbing the defense sigil at the beginning of the fight, get the boss to 70% as quickly as possible. If you do it fast enough, you won't have to deal with the Crem. Guard at all. If you aren't fast enough, the defense sigil should still be active until you kill the Guard. After that, you'll need to be able to stay upstairs and dodge his attacks and knockbacks long enough to destroy all three crystals. Once the third is destroyed and he knocks you downstairs again, grab the damage sigil and burn the boss to zero. With high enough damage you won't need to do anything else but burn - but it may be beneficial to you to get all of the yellow ghosts during this last phase. You should be able to get all the ghosts, use the synergy, and burn him without regard for any other adds.

Many people I know save their defense sigil until the last burn phase of the boss too. I say it ultimately depends on your damage output. If you can get the boss to 70% fast enough, you don't need the sigil and you won't have to fight the first Guard. It appears to me that you can afford to give up some recovery for WD or max stam, both of those will improve your chances a great deal due to the increased damage. I'm obviously guessing here - but start by trading your recovery glyphs on your jewelry for WD. If you're using the Serpent mundus, trade it for Thief or Shadow, whichever you are not already using.
    @Chilla_Deluxe
    Yeah on my Stamblade I do the exact reverse:

1) Power sigil to start the fight allows you to push the boss to 70%, and thereby prevent the first cermonial guard spawn, reliably.
    2) Once, you finish the 3 crystals, I immediately grab the defense sigil. Here's why: The boss always does the channeled attack that can be interrupted (forget the name) immediately upon coming down from the top level. The Defense sigil will actually reflect all of the damage (like you'll take zero) back on himself, leaving you free to deal with any guards or dps the boss while taking no damage for the duration of his channel. Just don't interrupt him, haha.
  • Panth141
    Panth141
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    @Panth141 corrosive armor implies stam DK

@AverageJo3Gam3r

Thanks, missed that! :)

OP - are you getting killed by the Crem Guards before or after the crystal phase?

I find the fight much easier after the crystals, as you can rotate between stocking up on gold ghosts and corrosive armour to alternate between spawns. If it's pre-crystals then there should (IIRC) only be one crem spawn if you go hard with DPS, so just try to make sure you have an ultimate ready for the start of the fight, by whatever means.
    PS4 EU - Panth141 | CP 630+
    Dominion
    Almalexia's Fallen - Magicka Dragonknight - PvE Main
    Lost Hope of Sotha Sil - Magicka Dragonknight - PvP Main
    Claws-in-pockets - Stamina Nightblade - PvE/P DPS
    Nocturnal's Guise - Magicka Nightblade - PvE DPS
    Udun - Magicka Templar - PvP Healer
    Onsi's Shattered Blade - Stamina Sorcerer - Dungeon/vMA Farmer
    Stands-like-Mountains - Magicka Nightblade - PvE Saptank
    Auri-El's Forgotten Light - Magicka Sorcerer - PvP DPS

Covenant
    Tharkün - Magicka Sorcerer - PvE DPS
    Rahai-Anaa - Stamina Dragonknight - Provisioner (lol)

Pact
    Perolis - Magicka Sorcerer - Enchanter/Alchemist/BwB PvP

• Spliffo
    Spliffo
    ✭✭✭✭
    Drop your regen and run max health/stam food and you will dps them before they kill you. Weaving heavy attacks when needed will make up for the regen loss