The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [IN PROGRESS] PC/Mac: NA megaserver for maintenance – April 25, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 2:00PM EDT (18:00 UTC)
https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/comment/8098811/#Comment_8098811

Pvp CP distribution question

AGrz5585
AGrz5585
✭✭✭

Pvp CP distribution

Which is best place to put points? I'm a stam NB, gear is 5 hundings, 5 marksman, 1 kena. Warrior mundus stone. 73 into mighty.

Now would it be better to pump rest into precise strikes or into penetration?

Was thinking of using 2h maul with nirn and putting all points into pen.

Thoughts ?
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    ^
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Use 2 hand maul with Sharpened. 100% do Not put all your points into penetration. I would do like 90-100 in mighty, 45 in precise strikes, 22 in penetration. Or if you need healing put like 27 in blessed.
  • AGrz5585
    AGrz5585
    ✭✭✭
    But why? If everyone is running impen wouldn't the penetration CP star equal better damage?
  • yodased
    yodased
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Just join azura and don't worry about the silly CP system
    Tl;dr really weigh the fun you have in game vs the business practices you are supporting.
  • Hutch679
    Hutch679
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    AGrz5585 wrote: »
    But why? If everyone is running impen wouldn't the penetration CP star equal better damage?

Because the penetration champion points are miniscule.... ~79 per point? That's nothing... Most people aren't near 30k armor resist. So if youre using sharpened weapons and apply major fracture you almost take your enemies resist to 5k or less anyway.

• DannyLV702
    DannyLV702
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    With surprise attack plus sharpened you already shave off over 10k in resistances. If he's a medium or light armor user, then he will be next to zero. Now if you have a maul and run into a tank, that extra 20% penetration will come in handy. I think putting points into penetration is pretty useless. Put some into extra healing if you feel you have leftover CPs