Maintenance for the week of March 25:
• [COMPLETE] Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• [COMPLETE] PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – March 26, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – March 28, 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Why doesn't ZOS publicly address issues with their games?

Smasherx74
Smasherx74
✭✭✭✭✭
I've seen ZOS talking about being in love with people's money and talking about their husbands, but not one time have I seen any of them address game balancing, or major issues like performance, mementos still broken, and orcinium constantly crashing people.

Other than that, they just do the typical moderator messages for the most part. Would it really hurt to have ZOS actually interact with the community's threads relating to the game?
Master Debater
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    You haven't been looking hard enough then. Can't say I've seen anything regarding mementos (which by the way work on my Vampire but not my main so it could be a Lv50 issue...) but for game balancing replies try Combat & Mechanics where all that is discussed and as far as Orsinium crashing goes I haven't had a game crash in Orsinium in a good while myself.
    Guildmaster of Power With Numbers in PS4 NA Server's Aldmeri Dominion.
    Proud Founder of the Yaysay cult! DOWN WITH THE NAYSAY CULT!! #ToxicRemedy
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Smasherx74 wrote: »
    I've seen ZOS talking about being in love with people's money and talking about their husbands, but not one time have I seen any of them address game balancing, or major issues like performance, mementos still broken, and orcinium constantly crashing people.

You need to search better. Seriously.

Edited by Elsonso on June 30, 2016 10:48PM
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Sylveria_Relden
    Sylveria_Relden
    ✭✭✭✭
    Liability.
    TL;DR - If you got this far without reading the entire post you're either too lazy or suck at reading comprehension and probably don't belong in a public forum anyway. Just move along, you wouldn't understand.
  • JD2013
    JD2013
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev tracker, brah.
    Sweetrolls for all!

Christophe Mottierre - Breton Templar with his own whole darn estate! Templar Houses are so 2015. EU DC

PC Beta Tester January 2014

Elder of The Black
    Order of Sithis
    The Runners

@TamrielTraverse - For Tamriel related Twitter shenanigans!
    https://tamrieltraveller.wordpress.com/

Crafting bag OP! ZOS nerf pls!
  • vyndral13preub18_ESO
    vyndral13preub18_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭
    Because no one likes to hear No ETA about a fix they think is important.
  • qrichou
    qrichou
    ✭✭✭
    They dont care , there most famous answer iis no eta
    because its possible
  • Smasherx74
    Smasherx74
    ✭✭✭✭✭

How about you provide evidence instead of mindlessly telling me to do something better. There is a Z button to click to see their posts, everytime I click it, it's either moderation or non-game specific discussions.
    Master Debater
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭

How about you provide evidence instead of mindlessly telling me to do something better. There is a Z button to click to see their posts, everytime I click it, it's either moderation or non-game specific discussions.

JD2013 wrote: »
    Dev tracker, brah.
  • Elsonso
    Elsonso
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Just use the Dev Tracker like everyone else.
    PC NA/EU: @Elsonso
    XBox EU/NA: @ElsonsoJannus
    X/Twitter: ElsonsoJannus
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev tracker, brah.

Dev Tracker is full of crown store item responses and upcoming DLC issues. Not the current state of the game issues.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dev tracker, brah.

Dev Tracker is full of crown store item responses and upcoming DLC issues. Not the current state of the game issues.

Sometimes the juiciest dirt is buried deep.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev tracker, brah.

Never thought seeing juiciest and dirt in the same sentence would make me hungry.
    "The more you know who you are, and what you want, the less you let things upset you."
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Dev tracker, brah.

Never thought seeing juiciest and dirt in the same sentence would make me hungry.

Worm Cult Stew yo.
  • Justice31st
    Justice31st
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev tracker, brah.

Worm Cult Stew yo.

lol
  • SienneYviete
    SienneYviete
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Dev tracker, brah.

It really shouldn't be though. To be perfectly honest when I saw that thread someone started a couple of patches back with all the bugs listed with evidence and Zos devs were jumping in telling us they were looking at them I had a resurgence of faith in this company, however that was quickly dashed by Zos either flat out denying their existence or saying that they could not replicate the bugs.
    Edited by SienneYviete on June 30, 2016 11:48PM
    Delta
    Valheru's
  • thisisScoMan
    thisisScoMan
    ✭✭✭✭
    as far as Orsinium crashing goes I haven't had a game crash in Orsinium in a good while myself.

Really? Maybe I took all your crashes. I had 4 crashes last night walking from the writ drop off to the Orsinium Wayshrine. It took me a good 15 minutes to make the journey. Fun times.
    Xbox One. NA Server
    Australian.
    600+ CP
    DC - 3 x Level 50
    AD - 2 x Level 50
    EP - 3 x Level 50
  • phobossion
    phobossion
    ✭✭✭
    Because people would be throwing anything they say into their face. Sad reality
  • UltimaJoe777
    UltimaJoe777
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    as far as Orsinium crashing goes I haven't had a game crash in Orsinium in a good while myself.

Really? Maybe I took all your crashes. I had 4 crashes last night walking from the writ drop off to the Orsinium Wayshrine. It took me a good 15 minutes to make the journey. Fun times.

I frame rate lag heading that way but never crash. I play on PS4 NA though so if you are on a different console/server perhaps they just have it worse...
  • Rohamad_Ali
    Rohamad_Ali
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    phobossion wrote: »
    Because people would be throwing anything they say into their face. Sad reality

Actually this is not always the case . Many times Jessica has addressed an issue and many people immediately thank her for it . Even if it has to be repeated several times , the players actually get more patient at least knowing they're putting efforts out .

I understand that's probably an unpleasant job to do but communication helps calm people down . The one time statement and then no updates is what seems to frustrate people most .
  • scorpiodog
    scorpiodog
    ✭✭✭✭✭

Other than that, they just do the typical moderator messages for the most part. Would it really hurt to have ZOS actually interact with the community's threads relating to the game?

Because if they took time out to address every person's concern about every aspect of game balancing that every person doesn't like about every build in every patch ... they'd never get anything else done.

• CokeVoAYCE
    CokeVoAYCE
    ✭✭✭✭
    why would they publicly announce of the errors in their game? there are so many players out there playing blissfully ignorant and not knowing what they're playing on is broken.
  • teaguewh
    teaguewh
    So, when will Orsinium crashing be fixed?
  • DHale
    DHale
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Honestly there are tons of bugs in in this game no doubt but a huge majority are learn to play issues and ZOS trying to appease casuals. I meet ppl that are like cp 300 plus every day and know sooooooooooo little about this game it down right scares me. I meet them every day. Makes me sad and angry at the same time.
    Sorcerna, proud beta sorc. RIP April 2014 to May 31 2016 DArk Brotherhood. Out of retirement for negates and encases. Sorcerna will be going back into retirement to be my main crafter Fall 2018. Because an 8 k shield is f ing useless. Died because of baddies on the forum. Too much qq too little pew pew. 16 AD 2 DC. 0 EP cause they bad, CP 2300 plus 18 level 50 toons. NA, PC, Grey Host#SORCLIVESMATTER actually they don’t or they wouldn’t keep getting nerfed constantly.
  • vamp_emily
    vamp_emily
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    I don't blame them for publicly addressing anything on this forum.

Example posts:

p: group finder broken
    zos: we are looking into it
    p: that is what u said last year
    p: lol.. group finder tool.. lolol ahahaah lol
    zos: we find the problem.. we will update next patch
    p: about time.. why not have a hot fix now?
    p: lol lol group finder tool
    p: they need to hire better programmers

So ya i can see why they wouldn't publicly address stuff more often.

If you want a friend, get a dog.
    AW Rank: Grand Warlord 1 ( level 49)

• ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    I think worry. Because a lot of us have problems but apparently a lot of us don't have problems
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    You haven't been looking hard enough then. Can't say I've seen anything regarding mementos (which by the way work on my Vampire but not my main so it could be a Lv50 issue...) but for game balancing replies try Combat & Mechanics where all that is discussed and as far as Orsinium crashing goes I haven't had a game crash in Orsinium in a good while myself.

Agree. Well, agree about Zos discussing various issues through multiple means. If a player wants to keep up with the information just pay attention to the various outlets Zos uses to discuss matters of the game.

I cannot agree or even speak to momentous working on your vamp but not your main. Need me info, lol
  • nimander99
    nimander99
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    There was once a myth called "Balance in an MMORPG" and people believed it was possible, thus began an 18 year pogrom on PVP balance in MMO's which I like to call the 'Dark Ages of PVP'.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Warcraft has now instituted a baseline stat system in PVP and I find it brilliant and a right step in the right direction. So basically stats are 'normalized' now so its entirely a skill based competition with gear mattering not at all.

Think Halo multi-player PVP and you are the right area. I have always lobbied for a separation of the base PVE game and the PVP game especially in today's MMO's where a more Action oriented combat relies more heavily on player skill and not spell rotation.
    Edited by nimander99 on July 22, 2016 5:38PM
    I AM UPDATING MY PRIVACY POLICY

PAWS (Positively Against Wrip-off Stuff) - Say No to Crown Crates!

∽∽∽ 2 years of Elder Scrolls Online ∼∼∼
    "Give us money" = Box sales & monthly sub fees,
    "moar!" = £10 palomino horse,
    "MOAR!" = Switch to B2P, launch cash shop,
    "MOAR!!" = Charge for DLC that subs had already paid for,
    "MOAR!!!" = Experience scrolls and riding lessons,
    "MOARR!!!" = Vampire/werewolf bites,
    "MOAARRR!!!" = CS exclusive motifs,
    "MOOAARRR!!!" = Crown crates,
    "MOOOAAARRR!!!" = 'Chapter's' bought separately from ESO+,
    "MOOOOAAAARRRR!!!!" = ???

Male, Dunmer, VR16, Templar, Aldmeri Dominion, Master Crafter & all Traits, CP450
  • ScottK1994
    ScottK1994
    ✭✭✭
    nimander99 wrote: »
    There was once a myth called "Balance in an MMORPG" and people believed it was possible, thus began an 18 year pogrom on PVP balance in MMO's which I like to call the 'Dark Ages of PVP'.

But there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Warcraft has now instituted a baseline stat system in PVP and I find it brilliant and a right step in the right direction. So basically stats are 'normalized' now so its entirely a skill based competition with gear mattering not at all.

Think Halo multi-player PVP and you are the right area. I have always lobbied for a separation of the base PVE game and the PVP game especially in today's MMO's where a more Action oriented combat relies more heavily on player skill and not spell rotation.

I think the very word causes confusion on the definition of balance. We should call them tweaks in present and future tense and just changes in past tense and no one would think its going to actually make it perfect.

The effort Zenimax makes is similar to Blizzard in vanilla WoW I think, inexperienced using an amazing world but they do try hard.
    Edited by ScottK1994 on July 22, 2016 5:43PM
  • idk
    idk
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ^^^^^. True. Never have seen true balance in any game but have seen a good player do well with any class.
  • Autolycus
    Autolycus
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Because everything is already working as intended.