Maintenance for the week of April 15:
• PC/Mac: No maintenance – April 15
• ESO Store and Account System for maintenance – April 16, 8:00AM EDT (12:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
In response to the ongoing issue, the North American PC/Mac megaserver is currently unavailable while we perform maintenance. https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656543/temporarily-taking-down-the-pts-the-pc-na-live-server

Which class next?

andypandy88
Hey all... Just wanted an opinion on the next room I should start to level, I'm currently having a blast with my Stam DK however just want a change of pace.... I'm tempted toward a magicka focused build but what is everyone's opinion? I just struggle with the idea of a NB or Templar running with staves :/.

What would you guys suggest with races/ general levelling plan and focuses?
Edited by andypandy88 on June 30, 2016 7:33AM
GT: xXandypandyXx

Which class next? 36 votes

Mag Sorc
11%
Spiderg1rlNatas013Minute_WaltzNordSwordnBoard 4 votes
Mag NB
11%
BromburakalkodavItoqXvorg 4 votes
Mag Templar
44%
TotalitarianwayfarerxCarokubeElara_Northwindstarlizard70ub17_ESOStrider_RoshinRebornV3xJackeyLadyNalcaryaArchMikempsychotic13AlexHo1982Anil235KreshjaNateS4thankyourat 16 votes
Stam NB
8%
paulsimonpsDakrana_Thrazvothsusmitds 3 votes
Stam Templar
11%
Graosly007undefeatdgaulDRXHarbinger 4 votes
Stam sorc
13%
Toast_STSrosendoichinoveb17_ESOAmdar_GodkillerWeylandLabsmechsauc3 5 votes
  • phaneub17_ESO
    phaneub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Pet Sorc. It's fun from 3 to 50. Just uh don't worry about what happens after 50.
  • Jackey
    Jackey
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Templar
    Your spammable dps will heal you, your execute is really strong, your healing is the best and you can remove harmful effects applied to you.
    Super easy class to play.
    PS | EU
  • Strider_Roshin
    Strider_Roshin
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Templar
    Want the magicka class with the best damage mitigation, the best healing and the best damage output? Then go with the OP magicka templar class.
  • Elara_Northwind
    Elara_Northwind
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag Templar
    I have always played as a magicka templar, and I don't use a staff :wink:
    Edited by Elara_Northwind on June 30, 2016 11:24AM
    Sorcerer, Templar, Wolf Collector, Housing Addict!

GM of Salted Wings Tavern and Salted Wings Housing 🏠🌻

'A House is Built with Boards and Beams, a Home is Built with Love and Dreams'

Youtube - https://www.youtube.com/c/ElaraNorthwind
  • ArchMikem
    ArchMikem
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Templar
    Breath of Life makes things like health recovery, health potions, and even a restro staff irrelevent.

Solar Flare is the absolute best dps ability ive seen, and you can cast it at range.

The loved and hated Jesus Beam is real. Its real.

Other than that id say do a Stamina Nightblade. Thats the other fan favorite easymode class.
    CP1,900+ Master Explorer - AvA One Star General - Console Peasant - The Clan
    Quest Objective: OMG Go Talk To That Kitty!
  • Anil235
    Anil235
    Mag Templar
    I started leveling a Magplar as I wanted a break from my Stam DK and I wanted to do vMA on a magicka build. Magplars are damn fun!
  • DRXHarbinger
    DRXHarbinger
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Stam Templar
    Stam templar just so op yet squishy. Guild mate took down bloodspawn in 35s.
    PC Master Race

1001CP
    8 Flawless Toons, all Classes.
    Master Angler
    Dro-M'artha Destroyer (at last)
    Tamriel Hero
    Grand Overlord
    Every Skyshard
    Down With BOP!
  • RebornV3x
    RebornV3x
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Mag Templar
    you don't have to run staves if you don't want to as a mag Templar its very versatile class
    Xbox One - NA GT: RebornV3x
    I also play on PC from time to time but I just wanna be left alone on there so sorry.
  • starlizard70ub17_ESO
    starlizard70ub17_ESO
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭
    Mag Templar
    Another vote for Magplar o:) , I run resto staff on both bars, but you can make almost any weapon/staff combo work. Good fun in PvE, very useful in PvP or trials if played with some intellegence.
    "We have found a cave, but I don't think there are warm fires and friendly faces inside."
  • NordSwordnBoard
    NordSwordnBoard
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Challenge yourself with Sorcerer- lots of hemming and hawing about this class lately, go see for yourself. Toss aside the cookie cutter and have fun trying all the different skills to suit your playstyle.

You never know, you could level up a Mag Sorc just in time for the next buffing update and be even more pleased!

Also, our lack of a spammable class skill means you won't can't just hit the same button all the time to plow through stuff.

It's refreshing & fun to use my stamina based alts, but I just can't shelf my Sorc for too long.
    Fear is the Mindkiller
  • Toast_STS
    Toast_STS
    ✭✭✭✭
    Stam sorc
    Just switched from stam DK to stam Sorc myself and I am loving it! 5 piece briarheart, 5 piece syvarra's scales and 2 piece skoria. The heals from crit surge and briarheart are insane. All 3 sets work to proc each other and I go heavy on Dots with 2 axes (For bleed) and crafted poison.

My poison has damage health and creeping damage health so it procs 2 dots at the same time. I don't have a screenshot but you can make it with Nightshade + Fleshfly larva + Blessed Thistle. There is a better one you can make with the sustained restore health but butterfly wings are to expensive for me ATM.

here is a quick little pvp rampage if you want to see how it works. http://xboxdvr.com/gamer/SmellierToast00/video/19126861
    Edited by Toast_STS on June 30, 2016 2:30PM
    VR14 DK Leaps-in-keeps
  • Natas013
    Natas013
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Sorc
    Mag Sorc is still really fun, if you're looking for a challenge. The class has recently been handed a shovel, but it can't last forever. Eventually after we've dug far enough we'll be handed a ladder. Fingers crossed that this will be sooner rather than later.
    RIP Ellania Delome
    June 9, 2015-June 14, 2016
    A skilled crafter, competent sorcerer, and denizen of the night
    Along came the Dark Brotherhood and summarily ended it all
  • Carokube
    Carokube
    ✭✭✭
    Mag Templar
    Another jumper on of the mag templar train. I mostly play solo and it feels like the most jack-of-all trades char to me without having to sacrifice too much. I keep resto staff on back up just in case, but mostly I use two-handed just because it's fun. You can be more in-your-face with your enemies thanks to your "Jesus Beam." I feel like Oprah in 1vX -- and you get a purifying light, and you get a purifying light..
    Trade Guilds | Shatner's Trade Dominion | Blackbriar Barter Co | Black Dragon Apothecary | The Ska'vyn Bazaar
    PVE Guilds | The Shogunate
    The CaroCrew | Jesulon (DC) | Jilandara (DC) | Juniper Wind (AD) | Jostine (AD) | Jura (EP) | Jtala (EP) | Jysha (EP)
    CP600!!+ (and still not a vMA clear) | NA | PC
  • andypandy88
    All great advice tbh I would like to try a Stam sorc also but I think mag Templar sounds appealing to me! What race would you recommend and do I go all magicka? Does it not matter if I use other weapons other than staves?
    GT: xXandypandyXx