The Gold Road Chapter – which includes the Scribing system – and Update 42 is now available to test on the PTS! You can read the latest patch notes here: https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/656454/
Maintenance for the week of April 22:
• [COMPLETE] PC/Mac: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 22, 4:00AM EDT (08:00 UTC) - 9:00AM EDT (13:00 UTC)
• Xbox: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)
• PlayStation®: NA and EU megaservers for patch maintenance – April 24, 6:00AM EDT (10:00 UTC) - 12:00PM EDT (16:00 UTC)

Lover's Torment quest glitch?

Atheepic
Atheepic
Soul Shriven
Hello,
A couple of my friends and I are trying to complete the quest Lover's Torment in the dungeon Crypt of Hearts in Rivenspire. Near the end of the quest we have the objective to speak with Alanwe's soul, but we could not find her anywhere. After looking for a while I googled a walkthrough, and it says that she was supposed to appear to us after we defeated the two deadric bosses by the end of the quest, but this never happened, she did not appear. Does anyone know if this is a known glitch or how to fix it, or if we are just stupid? Thanks for any help, we are on Xbox One btw.
  • KelzESO
    KelzESO
    same issue on PC
  • AtmaDarkwolf
    AtmaDarkwolf
    ✭✭✭
    it seems random, my toon cannot ever finish this (She never appears) but when running it on my alt who HAS finished it years ago, other people with me (when on that toon) CAN finish it.

I have no idea what triggers it but I've never been able to get this quest done on my AD toon. SHe just never appears at the end.
  • Mutagem
    Mutagem
    ✭✭✭
    bugged for me too
    Mutagem - AD Stamina Nightblade - Prefect
    Mutagentleman - AD Magicka Templar - Palatine
    Mutageneticist - AD Magicka Sorcerer - Corporal
  • GoonyGoat
    GoonyGoat
    ✭✭✭✭
    Resurrecting this because it still seems to be a glitch and the Reddit solution won't help when soloing, @ZOS_GinaBruno

Edit: refused to leave because my toon is still a piece of feta cheese and I was proud to have finished - so did a circuit around the dungeon, and went back to where she was meant to be, and she appeared! Though no quest marker, but could finish at least ^^
    Edited by GoonyGoat on January 7, 2018 4:48PM
  • makreth
    makreth
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    I can't even get the quest...it won't show up for me....
  • Xeneres00
    Xeneres00
    Soul Shriven
    I'm having the same issue.

I did this dungeon quest over a year ago and Alanwe did not spawn at the end after I killed the Illambris Twins. I abandoned the quest to try it again but Alanwe never appeared. I later abandoned the character until recently and still have this same issue as of today.

I'd really like to get this quest completed for the skill point. I've tried it on different difficulties both solo and in a group and have still not been able to pick up the quest or see Alanwe.
  • miguelcura
    miguelcura
    ✭✭✭
    There are people who keep reporting it, I just come to warn you that you just have to be patient and wait for the npc to appear. It takes longer than normal, but it appears
    Edited by miguelcura on June 4, 2022 2:00PM